Why is job discrimination the last pi...

Why is job discrimination the last piece of the gay-rights puzzle?

There are 334 comments on the Denver Post story from Nov 14, 2013, titled Why is job discrimination the last piece of the gay-rights puzzle?. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Same-sex marriage is legal in almost 16 states and gays can serve openly in the military, but a business can still fire someone over their sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#62 Nov 14, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Door locks maybe?
Not sure about you but I always lock the door when I use a public restroom!
Oh wait now I understand. You're afraid some guy in your local bar is checking you out! Maybe you should stop following him into the stall.
And there you have it, folks -- he wants the right to use the Ladies Room. He thinks it's fine if the stalls have doors you can lock.

Let's see by a show of hands all the liberals who agree with him.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#63 Nov 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your rationale for denying that liberty?
Who said it would be limited to only gay males?
Straight males & gay/straight women would have the same liberty.
It's called equality.
You don't know what the word "equality" means if you define it as gay men using ladies restrooms.

What will you be demanding next -- urinals in ladies-rooms or sanitary napkin dispensers and douche bidets in mens-rooms?

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#64 Nov 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No more so than male-to-female anal sex, which MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of heteros engage in every day.
Yep, that makes it pretty normal by any definition.
If a behavior is morbidly unhealthy, it is not a normal behavior.

What part of that concept can't you grasp?

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#65 Nov 14, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>The kangaroo thing went right past me. But squirrels did come to mind.
LMAO!
Your solution to job discrimination is segregating public rest rooms? I have a feeling certain groups find that racially offensive.
I'm curious -- why do you fellows want to use the ladies-room in the first place?

Is it, you prefer sitting to standing when you have to piss?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#66 Nov 15, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
And there you have it, folks -- he wants the right to use the Ladies Room. He thinks it's fine if the stalls have doors you can lock.
Let's see by a show of hands all the liberals who agree with him.
Where in DNF's comment DID he say that? The fact is you make up lies about people's comment because you HATE Gay men in general.......you're pathetic Gary!!!

By the way.....there is a difference between Transgender and Transvestites........not to many Transvestites teaching in the school systems......again, you've been reading to much garbage from your hate source MassResistence.....lol!!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#67 Nov 15, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious -- why do you fellows want to use the ladies-room in the first place?
Is it, you prefer sitting to standing when you have to piss?
Why do you HATE Gay men? NONE of the Gay men who post here on topix's have EVER mentioned that they want to use the Woman's restroom......YET, you keep attacking them just because they are Gay.......why do you concern yourself with what others do behind closed doors?

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#68 Nov 15, 2013
First comes same-sex marriage, then this law passed by the California State Legislator that does away with boys and girls restrooms in public schools. The bill was authored by San Francisco gay activist California Assemblymember, Tom Ammiano:

==========

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

SECTION 1. Section 221.5 of the Education Code is amended to read:

(f) A pupil shall be permitted to participate in sex-segregated school programs and activities, including athletic teams and competitions, and use facilities consistent with his or her gender identity, irrespective of the gender listed on the pupil’s records.

==========

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#69 Nov 15, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in DNF's comment DID he say that? The fact is you make up lies about people's comment because you HATE Gay men in general.......you're pathetic Gary!!!
By the way.....there is a difference between Transgender and Transvestites........not to many Transvestites teaching in the school systems......again, you've been reading to much garbage from your hate source MassResistence.....lol!!!
==========
"By the way.....there is a difference between Transgender and Transvestites"

==========

Is that a fact?

And that difference is ...?

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#70 Nov 15, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you HATE Gay men? NONE of the Gay men who post here on topix's have EVER mentioned that they want to use the Woman's restroom......YET, you keep attacking them just because they are Gay.......why do you concern yourself with what others do behind closed doors?
You need to get a clue. "Gender Neutral" public restrooms is the latest initiative of the LGBT. In California schools it's already the law:

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

(f) A pupil shall be permitted to participate in sex-segregated school programs and activities, including athletic teams and competitions, and use facilities consistent with his or her gender identity, irrespective of the gender listed on the pupil’s records.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#71 Nov 15, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
First comes same-sex marriage, then this law passed by the California State Legislator that does away with boys and girls restrooms in public schools. The bill was authored by San Francisco gay activist California Assemblymember, Tom Ammiano:
==========
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:
SECTION 1. Section 221.5 of the Education Code is amended to read:
(f) A pupil shall be permitted to participate in sex-segregated school programs and activities, including athletic teams and competitions, and use facilities consistent with his or her gender identity, irrespective of the gender listed on the pupil’s records.
==========
This law doesn't do what you make it out to be doing.......it has more to do with those students who are dealing with SPECIFIC Gender Identity issues like being intersex or transgender......and NOTHING else!!!

Damn, why do folks need to make everything be or sound perverted when that is NOT the case?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#72 Nov 15, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get a clue. "Gender Neutral" public restrooms is the latest initiative of the LGBT. In California schools it's already the law:
So what......I live in California and this law is NOT what you think it is......there are youths who are born with both genders as well as youths who are Transgender........and that's ALL this law is regarding!!!!

Public places do have Gender Neutral bathrooms, even Colleges and Universities have Co-Ed Housing and Unisex restrooms!!!

Women take their young sons into the restroom with them up to a certain age......why aren't you upset when those incidents occur? Again, the reason being is you have issues with Gay men and you'd do ANYTHING to post lies about them or cause them harm.......it's you who has issues with folks you don't even know!!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#73 Nov 15, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
Is that a fact?
And that difference is ...?
Yes, that's a fact......here is the difference:
Transvestite:a person who likes to dress like a person of the opposite sex......a person and especially a male who adopts the dress and often the behavior typical of the opposite sex especially for purposes of emotional or sexual gratification.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tra...

Typically a man enjoys dressing this way, but has NO desire to be an actual woman!!!

Transgender:of or relating to people who have a sexual identity that is not clearly male or clearly female.

Transgender or Gender Identity usually means that the physical appearance of the individual does NOT match with how they believe and think about who they are on the inside of their body.......a man who believes he was really meant to be a woman or a woman who believes she was meant to be a man......these folks typically spend a lifetime dealing with who they are vs who they believe they should have been.......when they are older, they typically go about correcting the error they have lived with.

RuPaul is a Transvestite or Drag Queen, he loves wearing woman's clothing and he is Drop Dead Gorgeous when in frag, but he has NO desire to actually become a woman!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#74 Nov 15, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal means behaviors that are safe. Male-to-male anal sex is a morbidly unhealthy behavior; ergo, it is not normal.
And you know this how exactly?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#75 Nov 15, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
"By the way.....there is a difference between Transgender and Transvestites"
==========
Is that a fact?
And that difference is ...?
I really do appreciate the question.

Transvestitism, per se, is an erotic fetish practiced by heterosexuals. This must not be confused with being a "drag queen", or a "female impersonator", which do not have the erotic fetish component. All of the above play with the purely cultural expressions of polarized sexroles in a given society. Panties, stockings, brassieres and such have no meaning in, say, Indonesian culture where there are different cultural expressions. There is nothing really intrinsic to one or the other sexrole in any type, piece or shape of fabric.

Transsexualism is another kettle of fish entirely. This is about a person's gender identity, rather than the accoutrements of a cultural sexrole.

There is a lot of concern that hetero creeps will want to get into the restrooms of the opposite sex. There probably are a few out there. But consider this for a moment: Have you ever actually SEEN heteros guys try to do drag? Miserably pathetic failures.

Anyway, the worries center around a very few individuals who may be obsessed with some mystique surrounding a ladies restroom. Honestly, it really take very little experience to recognize that female farts smell no difference than male farts, and the loo is not a place to hang out for long. lol

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#76 Nov 15, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
"By the way.....there is a difference between Transgender and Transvestites"
==========
Is that a fact?
And that difference is ...?
I guess a short answer is in order.

A transvestite gets a kinky thrill from playing dress up.
A drag queen gets a comedic laugh from playing dress up.
A female impersonator gets a paycheck from playing dressup.

A transsexual was born with plumbing different from their brain.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#77 Nov 15, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess a short answer is in order.
A transvestite gets a kinky thrill from playing dress up.
A drag queen gets a comedic laugh from playing dress up.
A female impersonator gets a paycheck from playing dressup.
A transsexual was born with plumbing different from their brain.
Great -- now cite the peer-reviewed literiture that supports the gay bathhouse junk science definitions above.

I won't hold my breath ...

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#78 Nov 15, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do appreciate the question.
Transvestitism, per se, is an erotic fetish practiced by heterosexuals. This must not be confused with being a "drag queen", or a "female impersonator", which do not have the erotic fetish component. All of the above play with the purely cultural expressions of polarized sexroles in a given society. Panties, stockings, brassieres and such have no meaning in, say, Indonesian culture where there are different cultural expressions. There is nothing really intrinsic to one or the other sexrole in any type, piece or shape of fabric.
Transsexualism is another kettle of fish entirely. This is about a person's gender identity, rather than the accoutrements of a cultural sexrole.
There is a lot of concern that hetero creeps will want to get into the restrooms of the opposite sex. There probably are a few out there. But consider this for a moment: Have you ever actually SEEN heteros guys try to do drag? Miserably pathetic failures.
Anyway, the worries center around a very few individuals who may be obsessed with some mystique surrounding a ladies restroom. Honestly, it really take very little experience to recognize that female farts smell no difference than male farts, and the loo is not a place to hang out for long. lol
Honestly, what bathhouse did you get all that crap you write above? You make-up that stuff in your bathhouses and gay bars then present it to the world as if it's peer-reviewed science straight from the pages of Lancet and WebMD.

It isn't. It's all gay psyco-babble that signifies nothing.

Unless you can provide scientific cites -- which you can't -- Transsexuals, transvestites, transgenders, drag queens are all the same thing -- PERVERTS!

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#79 Nov 15, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's a fact......here is the difference:
Transvestite:a person who likes to dress like a person of the opposite sex......a person and especially a male who adopts the dress and often the behavior typical of the opposite sex especially for purposes of emotional or sexual gratification.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tra...
Typically a man enjoys dressing this way, but has NO desire to be an actual woman!!!
Transgender:of or relating to people who have a sexual identity that is not clearly male or clearly female.
Transgender or Gender Identity usually means that the physical appearance of the individual does NOT match with how they believe and think about who they are on the inside of their body.......a man who believes he was really meant to be a woman or a woman who believes she was meant to be a man......these folks typically spend a lifetime dealing with who they are vs who they believe they should have been.......when they are older, they typically go about correcting the error they have lived with.
RuPaul is a Transvestite or Drag Queen, he loves wearing woman's clothing and he is Drop Dead Gorgeous when in frag, but he has NO desire to actually become a woman!!!
I've got a simpler word for all of them -- PERVERTS!

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#80 Nov 15, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
So what......I live in California and this law is NOT what you think it is......there are youths who are born with both genders as well as youths who are Transgender........and that's ALL this law is regarding!!!!
Public places do have Gender Neutral bathrooms, even Colleges and Universities have Co-Ed Housing and Unisex restrooms!!!
Women take their young sons into the restroom with them up to a certain age......why aren't you upset when those incidents occur? Again, the reason being is you have issues with Gay men and you'd do ANYTHING to post lies about them or cause them harm.......it's you who has issues with folks you don't even know!!!
There are no such things as "transgender" youth, and we know this because there isn't a single scientific paper supporting the notion just like there isn't a single litmus test for "transgenderism."

In other words, you fellows are labeling kids "transgender" based on "gaydar" not science.

But prove me wrong. Point us to the peer-reviewed scientific papers that support your claim of "transgender" youth.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#81 Nov 15, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
This law doesn't do what you make it out to be doing.......it has more to do with those students who are dealing with SPECIFIC Gender Identity issues like being intersex or transgender......and NOTHING else!!!
Damn, why do folks need to make everything be or sound perverted when that is NOT the case?
Because in the heterosexual world, people back up their claims with peer-reviewed science NOT gaydar.

A San Francisco queer State Assemblyman authored a law for "transgender" students that impacts on all students. Absent from this law is a scientific definition of what a "transgender" child is. No mystery there -- there is no scientific definition; least-way, no scientific cites in the bill.

Worse still, there is no methodology to determine who's transgender. That's apparently left up to the kids. That's right -- the kids make that determination, not the teachers of school officials.

This lunatic arrangement makes perfect sense to the San Francisco gay Assemblyman who authored the bill. "Let's change things so kids can self-diagnose their sexual orientation -- or better yet, let's get an LGBT observer in each school who -- using gaydar -- will identify all gay and transgender kids."

Are you liberals who voted for same-sex marriage getting all this? You should be since you and idiots like Obama are the ones responsible or it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min NoahLovesU 57,559
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 9 min old_moose 12,929
News Kentucky official campaigns against gay marriag... 15 min Rose_NoHo 7
News Who would be a better president: Donald Trump o... 59 min RIP 16
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 1 hr NoahLovesU 313
News Is Hollywood's Rape Culture Like a Gay Bar? 2 hr Wondering 32
News Conservative Iowa city to host first gay pride ... 3 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 1
News Trump pledges fealty to religious values, a oeM... 4 hr welfare baby 😜 151
More from around the web