Shorter George Will on gay marriage: ...

Shorter George Will on gay marriage: I have no evidence, so I win!

There are 22 comments on the americablog.com story from Mar 18, 2013, titled Shorter George Will on gay marriage: I have no evidence, so I win!. In it, americablog.com reports that:

I used to like George Will, before he went crazy. Then again, I used to be a Republican before they went crazy. People change. But I still got annoyed when I read George Will’s absurd commentary this week in opposition to same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at americablog.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#24 Mar 20, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been proven the lesbians have sex with animals, usually their dog,to get sexual gratification because they can't stand to be with a man. What kind of dog does you, bitc.h????
No one is interested in hearing about your sick fantasies.

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#25 Mar 23, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been LGBT parents, and even same-sex parents, raising kids since the dawn of time. As a gay parent you should know that.
Just because our relationships are finally becoming legally recognized it does not mean that same-sex relationships, or LGBT parents, are new. Perhaps there haven't been as many studies examining our lives as there could be but that doesn't mean our family structures are some sort of "new social experiment" with unknown outcomes.
Yes, I am VERY well aware of that fact -- my own grandchildren are proof of it -- and I would never suggest that mine was some kind of "social experiment." HOWEVER ... until we start tracking same-sex marriages and formally gathering data, we won't have significant statistics available to prove our case, just as it has been impossible to prove scientifically that homosexuals are born that way until someone started spending serious money on actual scientific experiments that could be published in respected journals.

The Netherlands' same-sex marriage legislation in 2000 was a VERY significant event -- the first country ever, soon followed by a host of others -- and once the children born under those official marriages start reaching adulthood in another 5 years or so we will then begin to have a significant body of data to refer to, rather than the empirical evidence, or lack thereof, for all those centuries past that you refer to. Calm yourself down -- I'm a strong proponent of same-sex marriage just like you.

To get back to the point of this discussion, all I'm saying is that is does our cause no good to misquote our opponents or twist their words into something they did NOT say. George Will did NOT say that there will NEVER be any evidence about gay marriage, as the article implies, but that there is not YET sufficient data or statistics. But I have also heard him acknowledge on talk shows that the battle for same-sex marriage has already been won.'Climb up to the top of the hill and look down,' he said,'and you will see it coming. The vast majority of young people today are in favor of it and they are the future. Those are the facts, and we have to acknowledge them.'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 1 hr GodSmacked 26,526
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite 1 hr GodSmacked 111
News Apology to Canadians persecuted for being gay c... 2 hr Imprtnrd 11
News Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling (Nov '14) 2 hr mo in DAT HOLE 183
News Kim Davis Denied This Gay Man A Marriage Licens... 2 hr Imprtnrd 11
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 hr River Tam 57,968
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 8 hr Concerned 14,187
News This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for being born gay 10 hr Donny 30
More from around the web