Shorter George Will on gay marriage: I have no evidence, so I win!

Mar 18, 2013 Read more: americablog.com 22

I used to like George Will, before he went crazy. Then again, I used to be a Republican before they went crazy. People change. But I still got annoyed when I read George Willís absurd commentary this week in opposition to same-sex marriage.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Mar 18, 2013
Equal marriage rights for ALL Americans IS 100% consistent with coservative principles ! OPPOSING equal marriage for rights for gay and lesbian Americans is NOT consistent with conservative principles.

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#2 Mar 18, 2013
If you are going to cite George Will as saying that there "never can be enough evidence, because all the nonexistent evidence is, and forever shall be, tainted" then you should have included that part in your quote. In the quotation that you singled out in the box, all I read is that he said "there cannot YET be decisive evidence" [caps mine]-- which is self-explanatory, since gay marriage has not been around long enough to provide adult children in significant numbers.

I am NO friend of George Will's and I AM in a same-sex marriage and have raised my own children, but I also DO support accurate journalism, and your present article fails the test. We do ourselves no favors when we behave like the hysterical politicians screaming at each other across the isle.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#3 Mar 18, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Equal marriage rights for ALL Americans IS 100% consistent with coservative principles ! OPPOSING equal marriage for rights for gay and lesbian Americans is NOT consistent with conservative principles.
That's not what your Libby friends in the Repuglican party have to say about it. Just the opposite in fact. You really bend reality don't you?

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#4 Mar 18, 2013
Umninimuzi wrote:
... "there cannot YET be decisive evidence" [caps mine]-- which is self-explanatory, since gay marriage has not been around long enough to provide adult children in significant numbers.
There have been LGBT parents, and even same-sex parents, raising kids since the dawn of time. As a gay parent you should know that.

Just because our relationships are finally becoming legally recognized it does not mean that same-sex relationships, or LGBT parents, are new. Perhaps there haven't been as many studies examining our lives as there could be but that doesn't mean our family structures are some sort of "new social experiment" with unknown outcomes.
SirAndrew

Honolulu, HI

#5 Mar 18, 2013
Actually, this is one of those rare instances when Foxy is correct. If the religious right hadn't hijacked the GOP in the 80s, marriage equality would likely have already happened and would not even be cocktail chatter. Adherence to the bedrock principles of the Constitution has been the basis of the GOP since Lincoln started the party; and we all know where HE stood on equality. It's evangelicals who have to take the brunt of the responsibility for the mess the GOP is in; plus, of course, the Republicans who allowed them to take control.
Antoine

Alexandria, VA

#6 Mar 18, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>There have been LGBT parents, and even same-sex parents, raising kids since the dawn of time. As a gay parent you should know that.

Just because our relationships are finally becoming legally recognized it does not mean that same-sex relationships, or LGBT parents, are new. Perhaps there haven't been as many studies examining our lives as there could be but that doesn't mean our family structures are some sort of "new social experiment" with unknown outcomes.
There has been hard drugs, prostitution, murder, thieves and numerous other bad things around since the dawn of time also. Doesn't make any of them right, just like homosexuality and its many perversions.

Toronto, ON, Canada

#7 Mar 18, 2013
Antoine wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been hard drugs, prostitution, murder, thieves and numerous other bad things around since the dawn of time also. Doesn't make any of them right, just like homosexuality and its many perversions.
You are mixing up lots of things under the guise of absolute morality, a concept best left to popes and mentally deficient people.

El Paso, TX

#8 Mar 18, 2013
Antoine wrote:
<quoted text>
We consider ourselves fortunate that your kind are nearer the grave than the cradle.

Chagrin Falls, OH

#9 Mar 18, 2013
Antoine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bearing false witness is one of the big ten thou shalt not commandments, Antoine.
Jake

Alexandria, VA

#10 Mar 18, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>We consider ourselves fortunate that your kind are nearer the grave than the cradle.
You nasty a.ss queers, get lost and stay lost.
Jake

Alexandria, VA

#11 Mar 18, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>You are mixing up lots of things under the guise of absolute morality, a concept best left to popes and mentally deficient people.
How long you been a queer anyway?

Chagrin Falls, OH

#12 Mar 18, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pickup line needs a lot of work. Try opening with a compliment. You'll get more dates that way.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#13 Mar 18, 2013
Antoine wrote:
"Hard" drugs? Are there "soft" drugs that you approve of? Does the Bible list which ones they are, or does it just say to go ahead and refer to the Controlled Substances Act of 1970? Does that mean that the US government decides what is "right"?

Prostitution is bad when a woman (or a man) is FORCED into that life for survival, and must endure abuse and exploitation that they can't escape from. But if you can have sex for free, and if you can exchange money for absolutely no reason, then it seems sort of stupid to not allow both to happen at the same time.

Murder and theft are bad because no one wants these things enacted upon themselves, so we shouldn't do these things to other people. We all like to keep our lives, and our property.

I don't see how homosexuality fits with any of these, or with whatever other vague "numerous other bad things" you might be referring to. If you don't feel that being gay is for you, then don't do it. But it isn't a "bad thing" if someone else feels that it IS for them, and they elect to do it with other consenting adults.

You don't get to circumvent the freedoms of other people, just by calling the things which you don't want to do "perversions". Things which are TRULY "wrong" are wrong because they bring unwanted and undeserved harm to someone else.

El Paso, TX

#14 Mar 18, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
You nasty a.ss queers, get lost and stay lost.
No1, the way to hell is paved with fools like you.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#15 Mar 18, 2013
Antoine wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been hard drugs, prostitution, murder, thieves and numerous other bad things around since the dawn of time also...
You believe that raising children is the same as murder, theft and numerous other bad things?

I hope to goodness you don't have children.

Toronto, ON, Canada

#16 Mar 19, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Well probably since I was born but I remember being attracted to boys at age five. You think we are are all converted, don't you? And I was never sexually abused by my father or for that matter by anyone else, so get that out of your filthy little mind.

Toronto, ON, Canada

#19 Mar 19, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, tell that to someone that might believe you.
Your lack of belief in something perfectly plausible and logical indicates your mental deficiency. In any case, I am stating the exact truth.

El Paso, TX

#21 Mar 19, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
HeII is actually paved with Queers like you.
Such a brilliant retort.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#22 Mar 19, 2013
fr NoQ:

>If you're wanting to go into an insulting war, I could start with you Queers mental disability starting directly at birth, but I won't, unless that's what you're striving for.<

It is NOT a "mental disability" to be GLBT, but it is to be homophobic. I suggest you contact your county mental health society for secular help. You need it.
NoQ

Alexandria, VA

#23 Mar 19, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr NoQ:

>If you're wanting to go into an insulting war, I could start with you Queers mental disability starting directly at birth, but I won't, unless that's what you're striving for.<

It is NOT a "mental disability" to be GLBT, but it is to be homophobic. I suggest you contact your county mental health society for secular help. You need it.
It's been proven the lesbians have sex with animals, usually their dog,to get sexual gratification because they can't stand to be with a man. What kind of dog does you, bitc.h????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex couple wants both names on birth certi... 4 min Fa-Foxy 2
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 5 min NoMo 2,643
Are the mods fair and balanced? 5 min Frankie Rizzo 507
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 11 min Terra Firma 19,355
News What It Was Like at the First Gay Rights Demons... 15 min Christian Taliban 13
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 21 min Respect71 2,787
News Potsdam gay pride parade brings faith and aware... 32 min Jobes 71
News Which presidential hopefuls would attend a gay ... 37 min Fa-Foxy 170
News U.S. corporations pressure two states accused o... 46 min Bruce 870
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 274
More from around the web