Sam Adams pulls out of Boston St. Pat...

Sam Adams pulls out of Boston St. Patrick's parade

There are 160 comments on the WHDH story from Mar 14, 2014, titled Sam Adams pulls out of Boston St. Patrick's parade. In it, WHDH reports that:

The maker of Sam Adams beer announced Friday that it is withdrawing its sponsorship of Boston's St. Patrick's Day parade because organizers exclude gay groups.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHDH.

Curteese never sleeps

Indio, CA

#25 Mar 14, 2014
Conrad wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on!
Spit on MILTY, POL, MILTON, CONRAD!
Curteese never sleeps

Indio, CA

#26 Mar 14, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't seen a sorry spectacle until you've seen a gay pride parade. If people want to make a statement about homosexuality then they should do it in a gay pride parade.
You haven't seen a sorry spectacle since you've seen a spring break festival. If people want a statement about heterosexuality then you should do it in a spring break festival.

“Common sense prevails.”

Since: Mar 14

3rd rock from the sun.

#43 Mar 14, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't seen a sorry spectacle until you've seen a gay pride parade. If people want to make a statement about homosexuality then they should do it in a gay pride parade.
Who can make a sorrier spectacle that a bunch of drunken Irish puking up green beer???

Oh yeah, I'm German-Irish. Doesn't mean I want to walk in the Parade.
honeybadger

Verona, NY

#44 Mar 15, 2014
Curteese never sleeps wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't seen a sorry spectacle since you've seen a spring break festival. If people want a statement about heterosexuality then you should do it in a spring break festival.
. If it wasn't for all the heterosexuals there wouldn't be any gays produced, thus no gay pride crap to fight about. I'm not against gays or any other group but at this rate I will be. Stop pushing your agenda down everyones throat. No pun intended. Why all of a sudden do gays want to march in this friggin parade? I will tell u why. They feel emboldened by all of the states passing gay marriage and they are trying to force everyone to agree and celebrate there lifestyle. Give it up. Not gonna happen. Especially with this kind of tactic.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#45 Mar 15, 2014
Conrad wrote:
I'll never buy another Sam Adams. Not that I ever liked that crap anyway.
You probably drink Budweiser or Miller or some other cheap swill, made primarily from rice.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#46 Mar 15, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Occasionally read? Have you seen our local news, read our local newspapers?
We are inundated with gay BS on a daily basis. It would be great if you just minded your own business and left the rest of us to mind ours.
Ditto
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#47 Mar 15, 2014
Ansolute Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone that would drink that nasty sh!t has to be a fagg@t. Oh, that's right, fagg@ts like sh!t.
Roflmfao
No they don't..they don't like a piece of sh*t like YOU, Princess
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#48 Mar 15, 2014
Will do my part and buy a Sam Adams today!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#49 Mar 15, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
Who can make a sorrier spectacle that a bunch of drunken Irish puking up green beer???
Oh yeah, I'm German-Irish. Doesn't mean I want to walk in the Parade.
The guy on the stilts:
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/columnis...
beers

Somonauk, IL

#50 Mar 15, 2014
Well it's pretty crappy beer anyways.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#51 Mar 15, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy on the stilts:
Yea, fair and BIGOTED.'Let' them march in the parade, just don't let anybody know you are gay!
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52 Mar 15, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an interesting topic. One doesn't have to be obsessed with homosexuality to be curious about what they're up to now..
ahahhaahhahahaha
hahahahahahaha

That's a good one! You're not obsessed, just curious. ahhahahahaahah
ahahhahahaha
ahhaahahahha
jason norris

Craigavon, UK

#53 Mar 15, 2014
with a beer called Adams, must be pure piss anyway.
roscoe p coletrain

Berwick, PA

#54 Mar 15, 2014
Thanks Mr. Sam Adams. Im a bud light man but will have one for your stand.
jason norris

Craigavon, UK

#55 Mar 15, 2014
SADD perverts.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#56 Mar 15, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Why couldn't they be produced by MassEquality?
What? I just gave you a letter signed by the veterans whom Mass Equality represented. A better question is why the South Boston Allied Veteran's Council is as dishonest as you are. Don't you think lying hurts the reputation of veterans more than the fact that some are gay?
Why did they refuse to march as veterans?
They wanted to march as veterans who happen to be gay. I know that you despise the way you can't get your mind off of hard-core man-sex whenever you hear the word gay. But that's YOUR problem, not ours. Help is available. You should seek it.
Why did they insist on identifying themselves as gays?
For the same reason every other group from marching bands to service organizations identify themselves: To show that their group is part of the community and supports the event.

Littleton, NH

#57 Mar 15, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy on the stilts:
What has that got do do with gay veterans joining the Evacuation Day celebration? About as much as lewd behavior at Carnival or Mardi Gras.

Oh, but I forgot. You can't get hard-core man-sex off your mind.
Funny

Detroit, MI

#58 Mar 15, 2014
Sam Adams pulls out,,,
Get it...

Littleton, NH

#59 Mar 15, 2014
And now Heineken has also decided not to sponsor a bunch of drunken brawlers.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101496160
really

Jacksonville, AR

#69 Mar 15, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>It's an interesting topic. One doesn't have to be obsessed with homosexuality to be curious about what they're up to now.
Really? Just what else are you "curious" about? I wonder why someone who claims to be straight and hates gays stays on a gay forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 46 min NE Jade 27,994
News Kansas teacher moves after receiving threats fo... 51 min NE Jade 28
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Wondering 60,837
News School textbook with gay maths problem go viral 2 hr Wondering 10
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 hr dollarsbill 19,229
News California Lawmakers Move to Limit Gay Conversi... 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 7
News Lesbian mum told baby won't be legally register... 11 hr Murphy 1
News 'Roseanne' Star Recalls Fight to Air Controvers... Apr 20 Frankie Rizzo 103