St. Louis Co. officer on leave after ...

St. Louis Co. officer on leave after controversial speech

There are 6 comments on the WBTV story from Aug 23, 2014, titled St. Louis Co. officer on leave after controversial speech. In it, WBTV reports that:

Officer Dan Page was seen in video earlier this week pushing back CNN's Don Lemon during protests in Ferguson over the police shooting of Michael Brown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBTV.

L Craig s Hush Puppies

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Aug 23, 2014
"St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar has apologized for Page's remarks, telling CNN the comments do 'not represent the rank-and-file of the St. Louis County Police Department.'"

That is true. Page's remarks do not represent the rank and file of the St. Louis County Police Department. Page's remarks represent much of the rank and file of police forces all around the country, but particularly in the buybull and gun nut states, you know, the backwards ones.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#3 Aug 23, 2014
L Craig s Hush Puppies wrote:
"St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar has apologized for Page's remarks, telling CNN the comments do 'not represent the rank-and-file of the St. Louis County Police Department.'"
That is true. Page's remarks do not represent the rank and file of the St. Louis County Police Department. Page's remarks represent much of the rank and file of police forces all around the country, but particularly in the buybull and gun nut states, you know, the backwards ones.
Perhaps, you're in the wrong country.
L Craig s Hush Puppies

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Aug 23, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, of course, because I disapprove of Page's various, violent bigotries, which are widely held by law and order types, but not so stupidly, openly proclaimed.

“Common sense prevails.”

Since: Mar 14

3rd rock from the sun.

#5 Aug 24, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's not. I'm a born and bred Missourian, I live 2 hours drive from St. Louis and I wouldn't move there for love nor money. The place is a sewer and has been on the top 10 list of "most dangerous cities" every year for the last two decades. It has actually made #1 three times.

Whatever the police are doing there isn't working and this latest fiasco gives us a clue as to why. I love my state, but I would like to ship about one fourth of the people to Siberia. Too much hate and bigotry. The only other state I've lived in is Georgia, there are pockets of enlightenment and brilliance, but the rest....bleh.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Aug 24, 2014
A society having about half its population on illegal drugs, more on other drugs and women spoiling their children with anti-male, anti-father personal politic, is going to misinterpret authority. They can no longer grasp authority because they have been taught to live in license, not freedom. They can't even grasp the difference between license and freedom. They are a lost generation, not knowing God, suicidal in nature, murderers of their own babies, abandoners of family, liars, betrayers, cowards, mutilators of their own flesh, totally narcissistic. With that completeness of stupidity, the only option of a police officer becomes force.
Rick Perry s Closet

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Aug 24, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
A society having about half its population
Even if you finally got about two percent of your diatribe correct - there's a real substance abuse problem in the US and around the world - everyone still laughs at your hilarious, Ed Anger-like posts.

Which is surely your intent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US court considers potentially landmark LGBT ho... 12 min DebraE 19
Do Gay Men Fall in Love With Women (Nov '07) 15 min Jadene 3,340
Satturday Night 26 min Jadene 1
News These LGBTQ students reveal what their first ga... 36 min Shirvell s Shrivel 1
News New York To Investigate Reports of Gay Men Deni... 38 min Shirvell s Shrivel 11
News Arkansas to pay attorney for same-sex couples i... 40 min Shirvell s Shrivel 8
News Magistrate who said gay couples aren't as good ... 44 min Shirvell s Shrivel 61
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 19 hr Jeb 2020 1,220
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 23 hr Skelly 27,397
More from around the web