Bill tries to clarify gay amendment

Bill tries to clarify gay amendment

There are 4 comments on the Journalgazette.net story from Jan 10, 2014, titled Bill tries to clarify gay amendment. In it, Journalgazette.net reports that:

The 2 1/2 -page House Bill 1153 seeks to make clear the legislative intent behind a two-sentence constitutional amendment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journalgazette.net.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1 Jan 10, 2014
Wow. I thought of all people, folks in Indiana would understand the meaning of putting lipstick on a pig.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#2 Jan 10, 2014
Apparently, someone needs to explain to the Republicans in Indiana what every 8th grade Civics teacher has to explain--laws and constitutional amendments are different things. Laws cannot trump, modify, explain, or in any way effect a constitutional amendment. It doesn't happen like that.

I can't figure out why they're still even bothering to pursue this. The best they can hope for is to continue not allowing gay couples to marry for another few years, which is what's going to happen either way because it's already against the law there. And since state-wide laws banning marriage equality AND state constitutional amendments are BOTH unconstitutional, they're wasting their time here.

But don't let that stop a bunch of politicians from sitting back and "hearing the arguments" rather than doing REAL work.
Sick of Bigots and Morons

San Francisco, CA

#3 Jan 10, 2014
Once a bigot, always a bigot. Where the f*ck is Indiana, anyway.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Jan 11, 2014
Sick of Bigots and Morons wrote:
Once a bigot, always a bigot. Where the f*ck is Indiana, anyway.
It's where the soy in your soymilk mocha chai comes from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Justicea s gay marriage order halts licenses in... (Jan '16) 16 min Pietro Armando 478
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 38 min Frankie Rizzo 213
News Chelsea Clinton Blasts the GOP Platform's Suppo... 52 min Frankie Rizzo 9
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 1 hr Pietro Armando 216
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 14,986
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,646
News Malloy's Hollywood moment at the DNC 4 hr Orlando 1
More from around the web