From Exodus to Shock the Gay Away: An LGBT History Lesson

Jul 8, 2013 Full story: www.advocate.com

As more states begin to consider banning so-called gay-to-straight conversion therapy for minors, we take a look back at the history of this disturbing practice.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 8, 2013
The article could have gone into a lot more methodologies tried: electroconvusive and chemical-convulsive "therapies", hormone overdoses, castrations, lobotomies, etc.
Gerald

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jul 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
The article could have gone into a lot more methodologies tried: electroconvusive and chemical-convulsive "therapies", hormone overdoses, castrations, lobotomies, etc.
I believe that all those methodologies, especially castrations and lobotomies, should still be used. Any man that is so demented that he would stick his pen!s in another man's ass needs extreme measures to be cured.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Jul 8, 2013
Gerald wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that all those methodologies, especially castrations and lobotomies, should still be used. Any man that is so demented that he would stick his pen!s in another man's ass needs extreme measures to be cured.
Neither those nor any other "worked". After decades of such tortures and pseudo-therapies, the two APAs noticed that gay orientation displays none of the criteria that define an "illness" in the clinical sense.
Remus

France

#4 Jul 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither those nor any other "worked". After decades of such tortures and pseudo-therapies, the two APAs noticed that gay orientation displays none of the criteria that define an "illness" in the clinical sense.
Maybe not in the clinical sense but is the logical sense it does. It makes no logical sense for a man to want or have sex with another man. Spock would say that does not compute.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Jul 9, 2013
Remus wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not in the clinical sense but is the logical sense it does. It makes no logical sense for a man to want or have sex with another man. Spock would say that does not compute.
Logic ONLY shows if your conclusions follow from your premises and arguments.

If either the premises or arguments are false then your conclusion is false.

You are operating from false premises and applying fallacious argument.

The "Clinical" sense IS the result of empirically-derived and experimental science; NOT just mental constructs.

Here's a hint: The essence of gay orientation is the lack of attraction to the opposite sex AND the basic tendency to pairbond with the same sex. Eroticism is ONLY ONE MODE of expression of this innate tropism. The general confusion about gay orientation is understandable because the most easily recognized manifestation of the orientation arises during adolescent discovery of sexuality, a period in human development that tends to pretty much obsess even the adult human population ... especially males. In case you hadn't noticed. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal Judge Won't Delay Nebraska Gay Marriage... 4 min Cordwainer Trout 3
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min Wondering 8,665
Baker faces complaint for refusing anti-gay mes... 9 min Wondering 18
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 13 min Wondering 581
Va. to pay $520K to lawyers in same-sex marriag... 17 min Rainbow Blogger 7
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 28 min Selecia Jones- JA... 29,155
Oklahoma legislator withdraws anti-gay measure 41 min Robin Hood 2
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 hr Elton Johns alter... 57,229
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 5 hr blasterboy1984 68,757
Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage wo... 6 hr Belle Sexton 37
More from around the web