Clark County Schools' Website Restrictions Relaxed Regarding LBGT

Feb 16, 2013 Full story: KOLO-TV Reno 18

At the urging of the American Civil Liberties Union, the Clark County School District has relaxed certain website restrictions facing students.

Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 16, 2013
Why were the restrictions there,in the first place? Ignorance leads to prejudice. LGBT are;and, always will be part of humanity.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#2 Feb 16, 2013
Stories like this always anger me, because schools are SUPPOSED TO BE TEACHING about the U.S. Constitution, PARTICULARLY the First Amendment, NOT VIOLATING IT !!!

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#3 Feb 17, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Stories like this always anger me, because schools are SUPPOSED TO BE TEACHING about the U.S. Constitution, PARTICULARLY the First Amendment, NOT VIOLATING IT !!!
that's your right wing the includes Libertarians politicians that makes those policies

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Feb 17, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
I Agree! The most disgusting fact is that these are public funded schools;taxpayers money. Ofcourse,most are run by men,and women too,who have bigoted views about what our children should learn. How these Educators and Administrators ever get their jobs never fails to amaze me?

Port Richey, FL

#5 Feb 17, 2013
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>I Agree! The most disgusting fact is that these are public funded schools;taxpayers money. Ofcourse,most are run by men,and women too,who have bigoted views about what our children should learn. How these Educators and Administrators ever get their jobs never fails to amaze me?

at least the liberal base of the local government recognized the problem and are changing it, I wonder how many Conservative districts will do the same.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#6 Feb 17, 2013
That's what you get when you support your political flavor. No one to blame but you and your ilk.

It's no wonder everyone thinks your a fool. Your buds @ FUX News love you sheep. Go have some more tea.

Fa-Foxy wrote:

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#8 Feb 17, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
It was probably some right wing Christian republicans who blocked the sites in the first place. You must know some of them, don't you?

Palm Springs, California

#9 Feb 17, 2013
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>I Agree! The most disgusting fact is that these are public funded schools;taxpayers money. Ofcourse,most are run by men,and women too,who have bigoted views about what our children should learn. How these Educators and Administrators ever get their jobs never fails to amaze me?
This is in Las Vegas where prostitution is legal and women parade on stage like dogs, naked, for sweaty geezers from Des Moines to leer at them. All of a sudden they go all pious when it comes to scary gays, however.

And, if anyone has ever seen a show in Vegas, the entire chorus line of dancers is 99% probably gay! I guess they are allowed to work in that city, but no is allowed to learn about them.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#10 Feb 17, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>It was probably some right wing Christian republicans who blocked the sites in the first place. You must know some of them, don't you?
Nope. I'm a Libertarian and attend a UCC church.

Port Richey, FL

#11 Feb 17, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>It was probably some right wing Christian republicans who blocked the sites in the first place. You must know some of them, don't you?
Yep that's our friend foxie BTW the idiot posted his address again

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#12 Feb 17, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep that's our friend foxie BTW the idiot posted his address again
How do you know that that is REALLY my address ?

<g>

Palm Springs, California

#13 Feb 17, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
<g>
Then WHY, for pity's sake, do you keep slapping up that stupid video and crowing about your "bee-YOO-tiful" new house in Coolidge on Spruell near Martin and 9th, off W. Sunset?

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#14 Feb 17, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Then WHY, for pity's sake, do you keep slapping up that stupid video and crowing about your "bee-YOO-tiful" new house in Coolidge on Spruell near Martin and 9th, off W. Sunset?
I didn't say it wasn't. I asked how you knew that it was.

Palm Springs, California

#15 Feb 17, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it wasn't. I asked how you knew that it was.
Oh, lord. Go put up the heat. The cold is making you loopy.

Port Richey, FL

#16 Feb 18, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
<g>

815 W Spruell Ave ring a bell your not smart enough to post a allies oh and a I don't drink beer or any other alcohol for that matter

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#17 Feb 18, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
That's what you get when you support your political flavor. No one to blame but you and your ilk.
It's no wonder everyone thinks your a fool. Your buds @ FUX News love you sheep. Go have some more tea.
<quoted text>
FOX is effective and if nothing else I give them that.
They have FOX in Spanish ,I'm not sure if dubbed or different cast because never watch it.
Either way if you get basic cable, basic direct tv,etc in Florida Fox is included. I had to upgrade just to get MSNBC and CNN .

I was driving a lady home from work while back and she commented that her daughter voted for Obama and no offense to her nor I but the NY and Ca Dems have declated war on Jesus and we should be aware of this.

I could not stop laughing , thought of my Glenn Beck listening ,ill informed , voting against his own interest ,blue collar uncle .

I asked her where she heard that and she told me FOX.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#18 Feb 18, 2013
STEPHMAR wrote:
I agree but as you know public school is different from one district to another.
They recently began prayer here in city/gvmt meetings which I am against but not enough of us to stop it .There was also talk of prayer in public schools but NY transplants much greater political forces than I could ever hope to be did stop that.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#19 Feb 18, 2013
Current FUX News ratings are in the toilet. They fired Palin and Rove in an attempt to pull it out of the crapper. Part of their "solution? Hire Herman (Pizza Delivery Boy) Cain. Sort of like swapping 2 nickels for a dime then asking, where's my change.

Fred/Daniel fits right in.

Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
FOX is effective and if nothing else I give them that.
They have FOX in Spanish ,I'm not sure if dubbed or different cast because never watch it.
Either way if you get basic cable, basic direct tv,etc in Florida Fox is included. I had to upgrade just to get MSNBC and CNN .
I was driving a lady home from work while back and she commented that her daughter voted for Obama and no offense to her nor I but the NY and Ca Dems have declated war on Jesus and we should be aware of this.
I could not stop laughing , thought of my Glenn Beck listening ,ill informed , voting against his own interest ,blue collar uncle .
I asked her where she heard that and she told me FOX.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 10 min cpeter1313 3,002
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 53 min Brian_G 6,015
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 hr Pietro Armando 5,134
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 3 hr Sick of Bigots an... 10
Ukip candidate: 'Gay donkey tried to rape my ho... 4 hr Rick in Kansas 40
FDA: Gay, bisexual men able to donate blood 4 hr Ozark Dude 14
New Blood Donation Rules Would Still Exclude Ma... 4 hr Claude 3
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 6 hr Lars 68,586
More from around the web