Kaitlyn Hunt explusion: Cheerleader f...

Kaitlyn Hunt explusion: Cheerleader faces felony charges for gay relationship

There are 25 comments on the Examiner.com story from May 19, 2013, titled Kaitlyn Hunt explusion: Cheerleader faces felony charges for gay relationship. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Kaitlyn Hunt has been expelled from high school and arrested. She has been charged with two felony sex crimes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 May 19, 2013
1. If the law in Florida states that an adult, which this young woman apparently was, cannot legally have sex with a 15 year old child, then she should be prosecuted.

2. And both of these people involved in this relationship apparently blabbed to many people about it, so they should have kept their mouths shut.

3. I'm surprised so many people posting here are rushing to defend a child molester. And since LGBT people are so often wrongly linked to child molestation, I am surprised that you would not favor a STRICT interpretation of the law, just to prevent such untrue accusations against us.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#2 May 20, 2013
the thing is that the state is going to have to prove with physical evidence they did have sex

Since: Feb 09

Southern California

#3 May 20, 2013
I read the headline and thought it was from some third world country..but Florida ? Wow how archaic is that..I'm surprised there not going to take her to the center of town and stone her.
WestCoaster

Los Angeles, CA

#4 May 20, 2013
Juanpaul, you answer your own question. Third world country... Florida... yeah, it's the same thing. LOL. How are you doing? Nice pic, but I liked the other one better.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#5 May 20, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
the thing is that the state is going to have to prove with physical evidence they did have sex
District attorneys do not proceed with an arrest unless they have SOME evidence. You need SOME evidence for an arrest warrant.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 May 20, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
1. If the law in Florida states that an adult, which this young woman apparently was, cannot legally have sex with a 15 year old child, then she should be prosecuted.
2. And both of these people involved in this relationship apparently blabbed to many people about it, so they should have kept their mouths shut.
3. I'm surprised so many people posting here are rushing to defend a child molester. And since LGBT people are so often wrongly linked to child molestation, I am surprised that you would not favor a STRICT interpretation of the law, just to prevent such untrue accusations against us.
What is an "adult" doing in high school?

The relationship started when Kaitlyn was still 17yo.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#7 May 20, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
And "adult" is defined as anyone at least 18 years of age. I was 18 years old, and thus an adult, just prior to starting my second semester as a senior in high school. And at that time, 18 year olds were legally allowed to purchase alcohol, and legally allowed to do other "adult things".

You can try to spin this any way you want, but the FACT is that this young woman was an adult when she apparently says she had sex with this young girl. That is illegal.(They should have kept their mouths shut and not blabbed to so many people about their sexual relationship) You may not like, that, but apparently that is a legal fact in Florida. Don't like it ? Then change the law.

But part of life is drawing lines, and people have decided to draw the line at 18 years old. And no matter WHERE you draw the line, you are going to have cases like this from time to time.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#8 May 20, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
In ALL high schools, there are students who are adults since an "adult" is defined as someone being at least 18 years old.

You can try to spin this any way you want, but the FACT is that this young woman was an adult when she apparently says she had sex with this young girl. That is illegal.(They should have kept their mouths shut and not blabbed to so many people about their sexual relationship) You may not like, that, but apparently that is a legal fact in Florida. Don't like it ? Then change the law.

But part of life is drawing lines, and people have decided to draw the line at 18 years old. And no matter WHERE you draw the line, you are going to have cases like this from time to time.
Sgt Common Sense

United States

#9 May 20, 2013
There are probably tens of thousands of straight boys dating 15 year old girls in Florida. I hope they have enough prison space.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#10 May 20, 2013
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
There are probably tens of thousands of straight boys dating 15 year old girls in Florida. I hope they have enough prison space.
And hopefully all those boys doing so are under the age of 18 years.

There are thousands of people committing murders, robbing banks, and running rampant criminal enterprises in The Obamaniac Administration. Do you want to decriminalize all those things too ???!!!!
Elizabeth Johnson

Herndon, VA

#11 May 20, 2013
Dating is one thing, sex is another. In High School everyone brags at doing something even if they did not do it.

trouble here is the 15 year old parents do not like the thought of their daughter being a lesbian , did not complain to anyone and thought, what a way to ruin someone's life and teach their daughter a lesson. But that would be hard to prove.

Likewise from a law enforcement point of view hearsay and high school talk is just that. Even IF they had sex how would you prove it? You actually says they really did have sex.

I believe what the girl's parent aim is to send a clear message and have the 18 year old plea out and be on the sexual predator list. Which would end her life for any government, military, or any good job for that matter.

Law or not, there must be proof, and how vindictive can parents be.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#12 May 20, 2013
Elizabeth Johnson wrote:
Dating is one thing, sex is another. In High School everyone brags at doing something even if they did not do it.
trouble here is the 15 year old parents do not like the thought of their daughter being a lesbian , did not complain to anyone and thought, what a way to ruin someone's life and teach their daughter a lesson. But that would be hard to prove.
Likewise from a law enforcement point of view hearsay and high school talk is just that. Even IF they had sex how would you prove it? You actually says they really did have sex.
I believe what the girl's parent aim is to send a clear message and have the 18 year old plea out and be on the sexual predator list. Which would end her life for any government, military, or any good job for that matter.
Law or not, there must be proof, and how vindictive can parents be.
I imagine the only "proof" is gong to be the words of the people involved. And if there is no solid case, the district attorney's office is not gong to process with a prosecution.

And I'm sure that if teh genders of teh parties involved were male, teh reactions would be far different.

Location hidden

#13 May 20, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine the only "proof" is gong to be the words of the people involved. And if there is no solid case, the district attorney's office is not gong to process with a prosecution.
And I'm sure that if teh genders of teh parties involved were male, teh reactions would be far different.
You too old to remember Anita Bryant?

Guess where this is going on.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#14 May 20, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You too old to remember Anita Bryant?
Guess where this is going on.
I saw on the news that some guy was bowling and the gun in his pocket went off and shot him in the leg. I have never heard of a more white trash accident happening in my life. Guess which state it was?
Sgt Common Sense

United States

#15 May 20, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
And hopefully all those boys doing so are under the age of 18 years.
There are thousands of people committing murders, robbing banks, and running rampant criminal enterprises in The Obamaniac Administration. Do you want to decriminalize all those things too ???!!!!
"There are probably tens of thousands of 18 year old straight boys dating 15 year old girls in Florida. I hope they have enough prison space."
Reworded for clarity. Two more points, in my high school it was common for 18 year old boy to date younger girl and does Florida have "Romeo and Juliet laws?

Port Richey, FL

#16 May 20, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
District attorneys do not proceed with an arrest unless they have SOME evidence. You need SOME evidence for an arrest warrant.

this is Florida not the real world when this goes to court there will be a no contest plea, maybe she might get some probation and a stay away from the other girl but that depends where the case gets herd. If the trial is where they live she might fair trial if they move it to Dade, Broward or Palm Beach she will be treated more fairly

Port Richey, FL

#17 May 20, 2013
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
"There are probably tens of thousands of 18 year old straight boys dating 15 year old girls in Florida. I hope they have enough prison space."
Reworded for clarity. Two more points, in my high school it was common for 18 year old boy to date younger girl and does Florida have "Romeo and Juliet laws?
No the jails are full of 18 year old dad's because they got a minor pregnant here's the killer most of the 15 year old moms are on welfare, yes I would say the system is broken

Location hidden

#18 May 20, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I saw on the news that some guy was bowling and the gun in his pocket went off and shot him in the leg. I have never heard of a more white trash accident happening in my life. Guess which state it was?
Ever looked at the history of Driver Licenses in that State?

It will definitely turn your wig pink.

Location hidden

#19 May 20, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
this is Florida not the real world when this goes to court there will be a no contest plea, maybe she might get some probation and a stay away from the other girl but that depends where the case gets herd. If the trial is where they live she might fair trial if they move it to Dade, Broward or Palm Beach she will be treated more fairly
"Dade" ?!?!?!?

What are you smoking ???

Port Richey, FL

#20 May 21, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dade" ?!?!?!?
What are you smoking ???
Okay Miami

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 4 min Rainbow Kid 2,927
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 8 min NorCal Native 1,412
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 18 min Frankie Rizzo 8,758
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 30 min WasteWater 254
News Same-sex couple cheers gay marriage ruling in K... 38 min Real Lover 18
News Standoff over gay marriage licenses wears on, d... 52 min WasteWater 12
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 53 min WasteWater 1,039
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr NoahLovesU 25,619
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 2 hr Real Lover 197
More from around the web