Bigoted Bride of Christ Blasts Gays, ...

Bigoted Bride of Christ Blasts Gays, Divorce and Single Parents

There are 21 comments on the EDGE story from Apr 2, 2014, titled Bigoted Bride of Christ Blasts Gays, Divorce and Single Parents. In it, EDGE reports that:

A Dominican nun with ties to the National Organization for Marriage's Ruth Institute caused an uproar last month when she lectured against homosexuality, single parenthood and masturbation at a Charlotte, North Carolina, Catholic High School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nun Atol

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Apr 2, 2014
They need to reel in silly sister's wagging tongue in a hurry
The Pope is bouncing anti-gay cardinals
http://www.edgeboston.com/news/religion/news/...
Fundies R Mentally Nil

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Apr 2, 2014
It's good for educated society when the loons make sure to include masturbation in their harangues about homosexuality. Sort of like the Phelps klan is good for lgbt rights by being so far out.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Apr 2, 2014
What the hell else does a nun have, but masturbation?
Nun Atol

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Apr 2, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
What the hell else does a nun have, but masturbation?
Burning bushes

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#5 Apr 2, 2014
"I can't believe anybody would want to be a nun. I mean,'NUN', the word says it." -Blanche Devereaux.
Integrity

West Chester, OH

#6 Apr 2, 2014
Because a Christian has different views does not make a bigot. It is their beliefs. Their beliefs. Their beliefs. I envy her having such a strong calling. She is not directed by today's morale standards as set by man. She has a much greater calling. God bless her. Doing God's work is never easy.
God

San Francisco, CA

#7 Apr 2, 2014
Integrity wrote:
Doing God's work is never easy.
That's why I am the only one qualified to do it. Since I'm all-powerful, everywhere, and able to do anything, why would I need someone else to do my work? Do you think I'm lazy??

And if Nunzilla's railing against my gay creations, she is indeed a bigot. I'm having cocktails this evening with Satan. Don't think for one moment that she AND you won't be under discussion.
Wilson

New York, NY

#8 Apr 2, 2014
Everything Sister Jane Dominic Laurel said is spot on!

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#9 Apr 2, 2014
Poor Wilson1, Sister Dominic has condemned you to hell. Seriously, what else do you have, but masturbation? Enjoy yourself!!!
Nun of the Above

San Francisco, CA

#20 Apr 2, 2014
Sister Jane Dominic my rosary beads. More like Sister Baby Jane Dominatrix. She's cruel, drinks like a fish, and makes the other nuns perform unspeakable sex acts on her. She's excruciatingly Catholic.
Fundies R Mentally Nil

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Apr 2, 2014
Integrity wrote:
Because a Christian has different views does not make a bigot. It is their beliefs. Their beliefs. Their beliefs. I envy her having such a strong calling. She is not directed by today's morale standards as set by man. She has a much greater calling. God bless her. Doing God's work is never easy.
People in this non theocracy who defame and try to take equal rights away on the basis of buybull babble are the definition of "bigots."

Also, if it's not about her sex issues she and her unfortunate nunnery would be trying to take equal civil rights from those who take the lawd's name in vain, a _Commandment_.

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#22 Apr 3, 2014
Telling a high school student not to masturbate is like telling a fish not to swim.

Why has the church so demonized sex and sexual expression? If it were such a sin, why would their god have made it such a drive in our psyche even after children are borne?

Since: Mar 14

Ashburn, VA

#23 Apr 4, 2014
The church subjugates its members by keeping them in a state of unresolved sexual frenzy. This never-ending low-grade anxiety keeps them compliant. It provides a constant sub-consious distraction from the rape, murder and pilageing going on in the temple.
This is older than Christ. In fact, this is what Jesus got so pissed about.
I didn't know ThomasA had a catholic dominican daughter. I thought he is methodist.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#24 Apr 4, 2014
This woman choses to live in the 19th century. Any intelligent person would chuckle at her.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#25 Apr 4, 2014
Integrity wrote:
It's perfectly fine for everyone to have "their beliefs their beliefs" as long as they aren't trying to insist that everybody else LIVE by "their beliefs their beliefs."
Anonymous

Chester, NJ

#26 Apr 17, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
It's perfectly fine for everyone to have "their beliefs their beliefs" as long as they aren't trying to insist that everybody else LIVE by "their beliefs their beliefs."
Thomas dear!

I haven't been here for ages and I was looking for a familiar face :) Couldn't even get my old nickname back, don't know why.

Fell and broke my hip just before Christmas; healed remarkably quick, but unable to walk due to diabetes and back problems. Hope you're doing all right - as for my husband and me, aging is doing horrible things to us.

Good to see ya :)

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#27 Apr 21, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas dear!
I haven't been here for ages and I was looking for a familiar face :) Couldn't even get my old nickname back, don't know why.
Fell and broke my hip just before Christmas; healed remarkably quick, but unable to walk due to diabetes and back problems. Hope you're doing all right - as for my husband and me, aging is doing horrible things to us.
Good to see ya :)
\

You know... some of my best friends are anonymous... but I still don't know who they are.
;)
Dan

United States

#28 Apr 22, 2014
Does anyone have a link to what she actually said? Did someone tape it? Were the remarks prepared beforehand and a copy shared with the media?

Lots of reportage, no quotes.

What did she actually say?
Dan

United States

#29 Apr 22, 2014
Wilson wrote:
Everything Sister Jane Dominic Laurel said is spot on!
What did she actually say?

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#30 Apr 22, 2014
Lots of people have no choice but to be single parents, their husbands left, died, etc. Is she condemning them to hell too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 3 min Jonah1 4,765
News California Assembly moves to expand sex educati... 6 min Gremlin 12
News Rare Under 40 poll: This is what young people t... 7 min Wondering 28
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 min WasteWater 21,943
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 10 min Frankie Rizzo 5,801
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 13 min WasteWater 33,403
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 21 min Wondering 649
News Rick Santorum Will Fight The Supreme Court If I... 3 hr Poof1 114
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 4 hr WeTheSheeple 2,719
More from around the web