A decade on, Southern Baptists adapt to new role

Full story: Tulsa World
In this June 15, 2004 file photo, Jack Graham, outgoing president of the Southern Baptist Convention, applauds a video address by President George W. Bush at the annual meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis. Full Story
team for anon

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jul 3, 2013
Just say NO to gays in scouting.
team for anon

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jul 3, 2013
I am concerned that the gay boys will bully all the younger boys.
ima hoosier

Greenfield, IN

#3 Jul 19, 2013
campfire cookery 101.
sewing skills for camping.
tents and how to keep them neat and tidy.
finding the pink shades in plants and how to decorate with them to perk up your tent.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#4 Jul 19, 2013
I read that to improve their image and make themselves appear more warm and fuzzy, the "Southern Baptists" are going to change their name to the "Western Taliban".:)
Disciple of Jesus

Millfield, OH

#5 Jul 19, 2013
The S. Baptist Convention is a religious organization with authority over itself - not the churches that are Baptist and/or belong to the convention.

The SBC may not represent the local church in any respect. And, the local church can pull out at any time as there is no central authority.

Rather than bashing a religious organization; why not make positive comments to enhance? If one's agenda is to promote homosexuality it does not matter if they are trying to be abusive to a church or just a religious organization. The pew is preaching to the choir that is singing so loud they don't hear. But, then the message from the pew is feeble minded drool and not authoritative scriptural sound. Spread it on the garden where it will benefit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 3 min RevKen 25,086
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 26 min Brian_G 3,475
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 50,041
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 2 hr NorCal Native 123
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 4 hr lides 627
Luhrmann, Gisele hit Chanel's Parisian boulevard 4 hr Jumper The wise 4
Divorce Law Out Of Synch With Same-Sex Marriage 4 hr Jumper The wise 19
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 6 hr BARTHOLOMEW 2,248
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 9 hr DNF 104

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE