Can 'True Catholics' Favor Same-Sex M...

Can 'True Catholics' Favor Same-Sex Marriage?

There are 242 comments on the Skanner Seattle story from Jun 23, 2012, titled Can 'True Catholics' Favor Same-Sex Marriage?. In it, Skanner Seattle reports that:

Jim Smith is a former Roman Catholic priest who left his post with the church 10 years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Skanner Seattle.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Jun 25, 2012
Miss Piggy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right, the first time I got knocked-up was from the toilet seat, the second was from the swimming pool.
The little piglets are adorable, but I'm avoiding the hot-tub like the plague!
unlike what I posted.
what you claimed on how to get pregnant is not at all possible. since semen does not have that long of a lifespan outside bodily fluids that are body temp.

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Jun 25, 2012
Consistent wrote:
If one calls an apple an orange it is still an apple.
Calling an Unholy Union of two or more Sexual Deviants of the Homosexual Varity a "Marriage" does not change the fact that it is an Unholy Union of two or more Sexual Deviants of the Homosexual Varity.
However, Given the expertise of the Defectives of the Demokrat Party of Amerika in the use of "Newspeak", I am quite certain that the Indoctrinators in the Government Schools have worked out the Language to be used to divert from the truth of the Unnatural and Unholy acts of the Homosexual Deviants in order to degrade the culture down to where thier exchanges of fecal matter will become a Holy act that is a part of Nature.
IVF is also used by hetro couples who are unable to concieve naturally. maybe the gal's eggs are too old. or the man and or woman has blocked tubes. be it naturally blocked and or surgically blocked.

Since: Sep 11

Champlin, MN

#27 Jun 25, 2012
You are confusing marriage with matrimony. Marriage is a legal, binding, government sanctioned contract which bestows certain right and privileges on the couple being joined. A "true catholic" could support this without violating Catholic doctrine. They could not, however, even condone SS matrimony within the Church as that is not condoned under Catholic doctrine.
The Oracle

UK

#29 Jun 28, 2012
Fumble More wrote:
Every Roman Catholic I know is politically very liberal. They have no problem with abortion, gay marriage, etc., and yet all of them call themselves "devout Catholics."
The only way to account for the apparent discrepancy is to suppose that Roman Catholics can live like hell if they wish, and have their guilt removed in a simple ceremony. So they have their cake and eat it too. Murder, adultery, fornication, theft, dishonesty - no problem! Just have a priest wave his arms a little and say a few words and it's all okay again.

Your brilliant post is without doubt the reality of Roman Catholicism.

In fact it is the reality of the whole Christian religion, in all its manifestations.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#30 Jun 28, 2012
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaks volumes for the calibre of women you consort with. It doesn't alter the fact that "Virgin birth" is an oxymoron.
Which has nothing to do with the question posed, does it? OH, and I have been married over 40 years, to the same trophy wife!!

Location hidden

#31 Jun 28, 2012
cantmakeitup wrote:
You are confusing marriage with matrimony. Marriage is a legal, binding, government sanctioned contract which bestows certain right and privileges on the couple being joined. A "true catholic" could support this without violating Catholic doctrine. They could not, however, even condone SS matrimony within the Church as that is not condoned under Catholic doctrine.
Strickly speaking, your right, however, seeing the Church doesn't condon homosexuality, period, it could not, by doctrine, condon same sex marriage. At least this is how it was explain to me.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#32 Jun 28, 2012
who the fluck cares what cathardos condone... we don't live in the vatican so fluck them
Miss Piggy

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Jun 28, 2012
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
unlike what I posted.
what you claimed on how to get pregnant is not at all possible. since semen does not have that long of a lifespan outside bodily fluids that are body temp.
I was just making a joke, and contrary to what another poster claimed I was not making fun of you.
I find your comments mostly interesting and informative. But, lately Topix has been so contentious that I like to add a little humor now and then.

Since: Apr 12

Hugo, MN

#34 Jun 28, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
we don't live in the vatican so fluck them
Wouldn't you haveto charge them for that?
Bristol the Brat Plain

Kent, WA

#36 Jun 28, 2012
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Which has nothing to do with the question posed, does it? OH, and I have been married over 40 years, to the same trophy wife!!
Wall ALL offer HER our sympathy... Does she encourage you to troll, A LOT !?? Old dudes are GROSS !

Location hidden

#37 Jun 29, 2012
Bristol the Brat Plain wrote:
<quoted text>Wall ALL offer HER our sympathy... Does she encourage you to troll, A LOT !?? Old dudes are GROSS !
"Wall ALL offer HER our sympathy" WTF does that mean? You know old dudes are gross, how?? Wake up and die right moron!
Bristol Plain

Kent, WA

#38 Jun 29, 2012
See I told you you're gross & there you go... Eskimos are way cool, you're a sicko ... trophy wife------more like cold- hard- brittle -sad couple of fishy smelling- seals mating. Arf ...

Minneapolis, MN

#39 Jun 29, 2012
Bristol Plain wrote:
See I told you you're gross & there you go... Eskimos are way cool, you're a sicko ... trophy wife------more like cold- hard- brittle -sad couple of fishy smelling- seals mating. Arf ...
main one I would have to say it is crapass.
thing assumes I have a dog. and it keeps calling me by some guy's stage name.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#40 Jun 29, 2012
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
main one I would have to say it is crapass.
thing assumes I have a dog. and it keeps calling me by some guy's stage name.
Don't worry Svengoolie. Peanut butter or not, your too ugly for your dog to want to hump you. Now say you're sorry for calling me crapass.

Location hidden

#41 Jun 29, 2012
Bristol Plain wrote:
When did you stop beating your wife?? Oh wait, who the hell would marry an unemployed internet troll?? HEHEHE NONE!!! You give your right gonad to make it with a seal!!
Smiley Slew

Kent, WA

#42 Jun 29, 2012
When did your wife stop beating you ?? Seems like you're the troll, who needs bois and lies... So say, you have no honor, huh ?

Location hidden

#43 Jun 29, 2012
Smiley Slew wrote:
When did your wife stop beating you ?? Seems like you're the troll, who needs bois and lies... So say, you have no honor, huh ?
So you say you wish your wife would stop beating you?? Liar and lack of honor collecting welfare checks!! Pathetic.
Smiley Slew

Kent, WA

#44 Jun 29, 2012
Yeah, the old "welfare" song and dance... Say Good nite, Vaudeville, teabagger buzz phrase time...

Minneapolis, MN

#45 Jun 29, 2012
Bristol Plain wrote:
noticed that even after I pointed out that I do not own a dog. that the jerkola still ASSUMES I have a dog for a pet.
I refuse to own a dog.
and svengoolie is a GUY'S name. I'm female. crapass needs to get it's eyes checked.

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#47 Jun 29, 2012
'Can 'True Catholics' Favor Same-Sex Marriage?'

NO and considering the anti-Catholic trash which Dems support, no true Christian can support dems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 10 min Tre H 5,044
News Idaho man charged with federal hate crime in fa... 25 min Frogface Kate 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 26 min Respect71 44,240
News Idaho tax bill advances despite gay marriage ob... 38 min jcofe 1
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 47 min Imprtnrd 395
News 'I am appalled and disgusted': Councillor accus... 1 hr Cath League of Du... 1
News Gay man legally donates blood after a year with... 2 hr NightHawk 24
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Big C 24,140
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 3 hr June VanDerMark 12,713
More from around the web