Baker Won’t Bake A Cake For A Lesbian Couple

Feb 4, 2013 Full story: lezgetreal.com 73
It is never about same-sex marraige even though there are many who believe that it is. It is about discrimination. Aaron Klein is about to find out that the protections for those he feels are “abominations unto the Lord” have more rights than just marriage rights Full Story
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#47 Feb 5, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
I love when you guys utilize your stereotypes while you claim no one else can...
are you suggesting gays are DIFFERENT?
consistency is not your virtue...
When was the last time you heard about a gay bakery refusing to make a wedding cake for a straight couple?

You are NEVER consistent, except in moving the goal posts.
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#48 Feb 5, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time you heard about a gay bakery refusing to make a wedding cake for a straight couple?
You are NEVER consistent, except in moving the goal posts.
what point are you even trying to make here?
or have you given up completely?

gays do exclude straights sometimes, RIGHT?

let me make your dodge of that question more obvious by putting it again,

gays do exclude straights sometimes though, RIGHT?
SLIF

Georgetown, Canada

#49 Feb 5, 2013
Start a facebook campaign against the straight baker.
SLIF

Georgetown, Canada

#50 Feb 5, 2013
"I honestly didn't mean to hurt anybody"-Isn't that just like a Straight male.Showing up with either a bible or a porno mag?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#51 Feb 5, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
what point are you even trying to make here?
or have you given up completely?
gays do exclude straights sometimes, RIGHT?
let me make your dodge of that question more obvious by putting it again,
gays do exclude straights sometimes though, RIGHT?
Tell me something.... is it impossible for you to stick to the subject? Do you EVER ask questions that are about the topic?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#52 Feb 5, 2013
The Queen's Right of DIVINES.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#53 Feb 5, 2013
It is a shame that in 2013 we still face being refused service. Some things never change like what happened to blacks being refused service in businesses. Yes there is a comparison of civil rights struggle there!
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#56 Feb 6, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me something.... is it impossible for you to stick to the subject? Do you EVER ask questions that are about the topic?
gays do exclude straights sometimes, RIGHT?
let me make your dodge of that question more obvious by putting it again,
gays do exclude straights sometimes though, RIGHT?

and i would love how you figure my question about gays refusing straights is NOT RELATED???
oh right, that was your DODGE...
who was a step ahead, dude?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#57 Feb 6, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
gays do exclude straights sometimes, RIGHT?
let me make your dodge of that question more obvious by putting it again,
gays do exclude straights sometimes though, RIGHT?
and i would love how you figure my question about gays refusing straights is NOT RELATED???
oh right, that was your DODGE...
who was a step ahead, dude?
Well, I'll give you this much. Your tactics are consistent.

You refuse to answer my questions but then bitch at me for not answering yours. Special pleading over and over.

"...and i would love how you figure my question about gays refusing straights is NOT RELATED???" Ok... you think it's relevant? Give up the incident, then. Go on. Tell us all about it. Don't forget the part where you explain what it has to do with this topic.
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#58 Feb 6, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'll give you this much. Your tactics are consistent.
You refuse to answer my questions but then bitch at me for not answering yours. Special pleading over and over.
"...and i would love how you figure my question about gays refusing straights is NOT RELATED???" Ok... you think it's relevant? Give up the incident, then. Go on. Tell us all about it. Don't forget the part where you explain what it has to do with this topic.
THIRD TIME:

gays do exclude straights sometimes, RIGHT?
let me make your dodge of that question more obvious by putting it again,
gays do exclude straights sometimes though, RIGHT?

and i would love how you figure my question about gays refusing straights is NOT RELATED???
oh right, that was your DODGE...
who was a step ahead, dude?
Judge Horndog

Alpharetta, GA

#59 Feb 6, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
gays do exclude straights sometimes, RIGHT?
l
from what?
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#60 Feb 7, 2013
Judge Horndog wrote:
<quoted text>
from what?
clubs, groups, services...
do you deny that gays sometimes "ban" straights?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#61 Feb 7, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
THIRD TIME:
gays do exclude straights sometimes, RIGHT?
Are people starting to ignore you on here like they do out in public? That should tell you something, you Whack-a-doodle!
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#62 Feb 7, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Are people starting to ignore you on here like they do out in public? That should tell you something, you Whack-a-doodle!
like you ignored me after I called you out on your last line of crap?

just like here, where they are responding by DODGING, not ignoring you clod!

now disappear again you vile clown!
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#63 Feb 7, 2013
Judge Horndog wrote:
<quoted text>
from what?
gays do the EXACT same things gays think only "fundies" do...

Gays accused of discrimination in resort town
By Jason Szep
Fri Jul 21, 8:34 AM ET
PROVINCETOWN, Massachusetts (Reuters)- Provincetown, New England's summer gay capital, is facing a rise in harassment and discrimination. But this time it's straight people who say they are being ridiculed as "breeders" and "baby makers."
Less than a decade after a successful campaign to end violent paroxysms of "gay bashing" in the beach town at the tip of Cape Cod in Massachusetts, police and town officials report a resurgence in tension between gays and straight people.
Police Chief Ted Meyer said straight people complained of being called "breeders" over the July Fourth holiday weekend, and that in one serious incident a man was charged with assaulting a woman who signed a petition to ban same-sex marriage in Massachusetts, the only state where it is legal.
Equally troubling, he said, Jamaican workers in Provincetown say they have been the target of racial slurs.
"It's been a series of issues," Meyer said.
The flare-ups in a town that overflows in summer with a colorful mix of gay couples often openly holding hands or kissing, cross-dressers and flocks of curious tourists coincide with a planned vote this year in the state Legislature on an amendment to ban gay marriage -- a measure that has rallied activists on both sides of the issue.
Gay-marriage advocates have set up a Web site -- www.knowthyneighbor.org -- that publishes the names of people who have signed the petition, including at least two locals in Provincetown who say they have been singled out and verbally abused by gays since their names appeared on the Web site.
Town officials said the town is struggling to strike a balance between protecting the right to freedom of expression for petition signers, and ensuring its gay majority contain their anger at what many see as an assault on their hard-won right to marriage.
Police would not classify the slurs and name-calling as "hate crimes." But a town meeting was called last Friday to discuss whether social attitudes were changing in the gay resort village with a population of 3,431 that swells to 60,000 in summer and includes a large number of Jamaicans.
"We have business that we haven't talked about as a family," Town Manager Keith Bergman said. "The impact of the same sex marriage petition is high on that list."
Some gays expressed shock at being accused of discrimination after years of suffering harassment.
"There are still a lot of straight people who treat gays badly," said Steve Bowersock, 35, an artist who owns the Bowersock Gallery on the town's main Commercial Street.
Bowersock, who was once married to a woman, said he moved to Provincetown in 2004 with his partner because it gives gays a political voice. He admits he sometimes discriminates against straight people he finds offensive
"If there's a straight couple and I hear them in the background going 'oh fags', I'm like 'hello, where the hell do you think you are?' So in turn I get mad," he said.
"If I see someone nervous like a big butch guy, and you can just tell he's a redneck, I'll grab my partner and I'll kiss him. It's not being mean, but 'hello you're in our town'."
The Rev. Henry J. Dahl, pastor at St. Peter's Church, said several of his parishioners had complained to him of being singled out and verbally abused after signing the petition.
"I don't think it's totally unexpected that there would be some reaction to people who signed the petition," he said. "Let's just hope we can have civil discourse."
Joe Solmonese, president of gay rights group Human Rights Campaign, said the petition signers invited trouble by taking a position that says "loud and clear that you believe that gays and lesbians should be treated as second class citizens."
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#64 Feb 7, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
gays do the EXACT same things gays think only "fundies" do...
Gays accused of discrimination in resort town
By Jason Szep
Fri Jul 21, 8:34 AM ET
PROVINCETOWN, Massachusetts (Reuters)- Provincetown, New England's summer gay capital, is facing a rise in harassment and discrimination. But this time it's straight people who say they are being ridiculed as "breeders" and "baby makers."
Less than a decade after a successful campaign to end violent paroxysms of "gay bashing" in the beach town at the tip of Cape Cod in Massachusetts, police and town officials report a resurgence in tension between gays and straight people.
Police Chief Ted Meyer said straight people complained of being called "breeders" over the July Fourth holiday weekend, and that in one serious incident a man was charged with assaulting a woman who signed a petition to ban same-sex marriage in Massachusetts, the only state where it is legal.
Equally troubling, he said, Jamaican workers in Provincetown say they have been the target of racial slurs.
"It's been a series of issues," Meyer said.
The flare-ups in a town that overflows in summer with a colorful mix of gay couples often openly holding hands or kissing, cross-dressers and flocks of curious tourists coincide with a planned vote this year in the state Legislature on an amendment to ban gay marriage -- a measure that has rallied activists on both sides of the issue.
Gay-marriage advocates have set up a Web site -- www.knowthyneighbor.org -- that publishes the names of people who have signed the petition, including at least two locals in Provincetown who say they have been singled out and verbally abused by gays since their names appeared on the Web site.
Town officials said the town is struggling to strike a balance between protecting the right to freedom of expression for petition signers, and ensuring its gay majority contain their anger at what many see as an assault on their hard-won right to marriage.
Police would not classify the slurs and name-calling as "hate crimes." But a town meeting was called last Friday to discuss whether social attitudes were changing in the gay resort village with a population of 3,431 that swells to 60,000 in summer and includes a large number of Jamaicans.
"We have business that we haven't talked about as a family," Town Manager Keith Bergman said. "The impact of the same sex marriage petition is high on that list."
Some gays expressed shock at being accused of discrimination after years of suffering harassment.
"There are still a lot of straight people who treat gays badly," said Steve Bowersock, 35, an artist who owns the Bowersock Gallery on the town's main Commercial Street.
Bowersock, who was once married to a woman, said he moved to Provincetown in 2004 with his partner because it gives gays a political voice. He admits he sometimes discriminates against straight people he finds offensive
"If there's a straight couple and I hear them in the background going 'oh fags', I'm like 'hello, where the hell do you think you are?' So in turn I get mad," he said.
"If I see someone nervous like a big butch guy, and you can just tell he's a redneck, I'll grab my partner and I'll kiss him. It's not being mean, but 'hello you're in our town'."
The Rev.
Aw..... straight people got called names... poor wittle straights. Hardly the same thing as being denied public accomodation.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#65 Feb 7, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
clubs, groups, services...
do you deny that gays sometimes "ban" straights?
Do you deny that straights ban gays?
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#66 Feb 7, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw..... straight people got called names... poor wittle straights. Hardly the same thing as being denied public accomodation.
Can Jane/Frankie/Mona/Ida now Neil be any more vile and deceptive?

lets see...
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#68 Feb 7, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you deny that straights ban gays?
no.

See how easy that is?

Now:

Do you deny that gays ban straights?

that's FOUR times fraud-boy...

Do you deny that gays ban straights?
Do you deny that gays ban straights?

dodge away moron...its obvious...

what job did you once claim you had at GE, LIAR?
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#69 Feb 7, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw..... straight people got called names... poor wittle straights.
" and that in one serious incident a man was charged with assaulting a woman who signed a petition to ban same-sex marriage"

twice for you since you are a dodging fraud:

" and that in one serious incident a man was charged with assaulting a woman who signed a petition to ban same-sex marriage"

Equally troubling:

"But this time it's straight people who say they are being ridiculed as "breeders" and "baby makers."

Police would not classify the slurs and name-calling as "hate crimes."

Remember how you believe the laws written via sexual orientation protected all?

is that the case in REALITY?
(why am I asking you, what would you know or admit to you fraud)

but I am glad you admit you think a man assaulting a woman is no big deal...as long as your agenda is advanced...right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 2 min Blahblah80 1,766
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 4 min Reverend Alan 578
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 8 min KiMare 25,015
Web filter lifts block on gay sitesWeb filter l... 30 min NE Jade 7
General Hospital: Jason and Franco chemistry si... (Jan '10) 33 min dmw 2
Pierce: KSL won't be airing 'Days of Our Lives'... (Sep '13) 37 min amw 3
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 50 min Pro Ukraine 1,346
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 1 hr Tre H 377
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014 55,869
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 2 hr No Surprise 750
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr Kawalski 3,289
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••