Kaitlyn Hunt Case Prompts Florida Sta...

Kaitlyn Hunt Case Prompts Florida State Sen. Thad Altman To Call For Changes To Law

There are 473 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from May 30, 2013, titled Kaitlyn Hunt Case Prompts Florida State Sen. Thad Altman To Call For Changes To Law. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

A Florida state senator says he wants changes made to laws in the wake of the felony charges against Kaitlyn Hunt, an 18-year-old high school senior who was arrested for her relationship with a 15-year-old girl.

Editor's note: it's interesting that it's a traditionally conservative politician who is now speaking up in favor of Kaitlyn Hunt and how the laws criminalizing a teen relationship are unfair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#482 Aug 20, 2013
Perciful wrote:
I'm sick of these adult Dykes and queers molesting little kids, enough is enough!!!
While I wouldn't use that type of verbiage, I do agree that an adult having sex with a minor is wrong.
The AssTroll Stopper

Alexandria, VA

#483 Aug 20, 2013
As I've said all along, she's a sexual predator and too stupid, like most predators, to realize they'll get caught sooner or later. After getting arrested a second time, I hope they throw the book at her now.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#485 Aug 21, 2013
Kate's mother should also be charged with Contempt, by disregarding the Judge's orders and begging the victim to delete all Kate's texts and photos/videos......
The AssTroll Stopper

Brooklyn, NY

#487 Aug 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Kate's mother should also be charged with Contempt, by disregarding the Judge's orders and begging the victim to delete all Kate's texts and photos/videos......
I agree

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#489 Aug 21, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
If there was something she could have been charged with, I am sure it would have been done by now. In the legal system, we are bound by what the law says and not by what we think it should say.
I wasn't calling for them to be charged back when this started, while I wasn't a big fan of what they were doing, but the law was on their side.

Having taken the step they did, they really should have the legal obligation to keep their 14 year-old in heat on a short leash. She doesn't see herself as a victim, the law does, she's in love/lust/whatever and nobody is going to tell her different. Considering how frequently, repeatedly and often the order was violated, they are doing a remarkable job on keeping an eye on their problem child and should justly be rewarded for it.

As for our legally innocent victim (don't you just love it when the law makes the impossible possible?), she had been told that the law law now says no more and while the order was in regard to the 18 year-olds behavior, these mutually indulged in violations were aided and abetted by the actions of the 14 year-old. She needs a wake up call in all of this too.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#490 Aug 21, 2013
still, the 18 yr old (i just can't see my way through to call her an adult when she's incapable of acting as such) knew the consequences.

she should've steered clear and when she was contacted by the youngster, reported it to the authorities so the authorities could've handled the child and the parents accordingly.

well, if the 18 yr old was acting / thinking as an adult instead of the kid she emotionally is.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#491 Aug 21, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't calling for them to be charged back when this started, while I wasn't a big fan of what they were doing, but the law was on their side.
Having taken the step they did, they really should have the legal obligation to keep their 14 year-old in heat on a short leash. She doesn't see herself as a victim, the law does, she's in love/lust/whatever and nobody is going to tell her different. Considering how frequently, repeatedly and often the order was violated, they are doing a remarkable job on keeping an eye on their problem child and should justly be rewarded for it.
As for our legally innocent victim (don't you just love it when the law makes the impossible possible?), she had been told that the law law now says no more and while the order was in regard to the 18 year-olds behavior, these mutually indulged in violations were aided and abetted by the actions of the 14 year-old. She needs a wake up call in all of this too.
What does this all have to do with Miss Hunt? Regardless of how bad the 14 year old is behaving, Kate is still a child molester taking advantage of an underaged child and certainly deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law.

this one

#492 Aug 21, 2013
This isn't an episode of To Catch a Predator, this is schmaltzy teenage soap opera with a lesbian twist. Clearly immature for her age and not terribly bright 18 year-old girl, falls in love/lust/heat/whatever with a probably acting too mature for her age and not terribly bright 14 year-old and possibly only other lesbian in the village who falls in whatever right back at her. Mom and pop of the 14 year-old freak out and insist it end. Parents of 18 year-old doesn't freak out nearly as much but insists it ends. This goes on for a few more months and after a couple of threats to call the cops, they called the cops. Fortunately for them and all of us reading along, this all took place during a magic time in a young man or woman's life between their 18th birthday and their boyfriend or girlfriend's 16th birthday, during which getting to third base is sexual battery of a minor.

this one

#494 Aug 21, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
You're an lDlOT
That's angrily impotent of you sweetie. If that's how you feel, that's how you feel, but please don't get too upset if I don't lose any sleep over your much respected opinion.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#495 Aug 21, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
I imagine she can also kiss the incredibly favorable plea deal that was on the table a sad goodbye. Isn't it now time to charge the 14 year-old's parents with neglect? They aren't keeping a particularly short leash or good eye on their own little nymph of a daughter here are they? She's 14, she knows she is smarter than you and you prove her right. The 14 year-old should be charged with something this time too. Maybe enticement to commit a felony.
Are you high?! Stop grasping at straws and realize that Ms. Hunt is as guilty as we've been saying she was!
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#496 Aug 21, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
And some obnoxious children's parents should be charged under environmental laws for not properly disposing of their biomedical toxic waste.
That... THAT was just COMPLETELY Toxic and Mean-Spirited. You should be ashamed of yourself.

...Nobody likes a sore loser... loser.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#498 Aug 21, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>First, the parents tried to stop the affair. No rational people will accuse them of neglect. You also know very little about Florida law, obviously as the 14 year old ddid not violate any Florida statutes.
He clearly doesn't care about law or rational thought. He has another agency he's pursuing.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#500 Aug 21, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>If there was something she could have been charged with, I am sure it would have been done by now. In the legal system, we are bound by what the law says and not by what we think it should say.
You are clearly a deluded idiot. Any support for you that I may have expressed in the past is hereby revoked.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#501 Aug 21, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
As I've said all along, she's a sexual predator and too stupid, like most predators, to realize they'll get caught sooner or later. I hope they throw the book at her now.
Yup.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#502 Aug 21, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't calling for them to be charged back when this started, while I wasn't a big fan of what they were doing, but the law was on their side.

The FOURTEEN YEAR OLD is NOT an ADULT; the EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD IS!!! WHAT THE HELL Do You NOT Understand About That?!?!?!
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#503 Aug 21, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>What does this all have to do with Miss Hunt? Regardless of how bad the 14 year old is behaving, Kate is still a child molester taking advantage of an underaged child and certainly deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law.
OK, You got it COMPLETELY Right!!
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#504 Aug 21, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
This isn't an episode of To Catch a Predator, this is schmaltzy teenage soap opera with a lesbian twist. Clearly immature for her age and not terribly bright 18 year-old girl, falls in love/lust/heat/whatever with a probably acting too mature for her age and not terribly bright 14 year-old and possibly only other lesbian in the village who falls in whatever right back at her. Mom and pop of the 14 year-old freak out and insist it end. Parents of 18 year-old doesn't freak out nearly as much but insists it ends. This goes on for a few more months and after a couple of threats to call the cops, they called the cops. Fortunately for them and all of us reading along, this all took place during a magic time in a young man or woman's life between their 18th birthday and their boyfriend or girlfriend's 16th birthday, during which getting to third base is sexual battery of a minor.
I just LOVE how you keep changing your tone to fit the dynamic of the situation, always twisting reality to benefit Ms.... um, I mean, INMATE Hunt. She was a grown damned woman for all intents and purposes. She CHOSE to defy the law, the wishes of her victim's parents, AND the wishes of her own parents and now she pays the price for HER insolence... and YOU, King of Asshats, wants to ATTEMPT to defend her! Well FUCK HER, and FUCK YOU, you pair of twisted, misguided miscreants!!! You two can comfort each other in prison for all I care!

Location hidden

#506 Aug 22, 2013
Wonder if Kate's opinion of lesbianism will change, after a lengthy jail experience?

this one

#508 Aug 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Wonder if Kate's opinion of lesbianism will change, after a lengthy jail experience?
This unfortunate to have just turned 18 year-old mess of a girl is heading to Cell Block H with the back story of going to big house for not wanting to give up on the girl she loves/lusts/whatevers. Unless she really is a total whack job, she'll come in a hero.

Location hidden

#509 Aug 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>This unfortunate to have just turned 18 year-old mess of a girl is heading to Cell Block H with the back story of going to big house for not wanting to give up on the girl she loves/lusts/whatevers. Unless she really is a total whack job, she'll come in a hero.
All those 300 pound black girls are gonna know why she's there...not sure she's gonna feel like a hero....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex member of US navy files complaint against CI... 5 min RustyS 15
News Homosexual 'Acts' shock students, bring awareness (Nov '08) 8 min Rose_NoHo 155
News Elkhart mayor asks city council to withdraw LGB... 9 min Sneaky Pete 25
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 18 min WeTheSheeple 1,741
News Boy Scouts of America ends ban on gay adults 26 min Rose_NoHo 63
News GOP proposes protections for already protected ... 26 min WeTheSheeple 3
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 29 min WeTheSheeple 830
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 8,110
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Wondering 24,092
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 3 hr Rose_NoHo 1,175
More from around the web