Utah in gay marriage filing: Kids nee...

Utah in gay marriage filing: Kids need mom and dad

There are 78 comments on the KRMG-AM Tulsa story from Feb 4, 2014, titled Utah in gay marriage filing: Kids need mom and dad. In it, KRMG-AM Tulsa reports that:

Utah state attorneys filed their opening argument to the federal appeals court reviewing the state's same-sex marriage ban, saying the optimal environment for raising children is with a mother and father.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRMG-AM Tulsa.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#82 Feb 6, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me, attest for yourself. Give me a man. Paul Rudd, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Gosling. Children are obnoxious. You lie.
Ya.....Ryan Gosling is HOT! WOOF!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#83 Feb 6, 2014
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Stellar quotes, but you're wasting your breath on the above hater. Our only comfort with that kind is that they are quickly dying out. I recently read in the LA Times that the millenials, kids born around 1980 are completely comfortable with gay rights and see absolutely NO problem with equal rights. Since they are now hitting 30, in no time they will be the major demographic and haters like the above will be trivialized cranks who sit around in goofy conservative circle jerks and preach to each other..otherwise called "Fox News".
Oh dear friend I am well aware that when dealing with that one I'm basically watching a two year old with honey on her fingers try to take a feather off her hand.

As for FOX News I think Obama nailed them beautifully when he did the pre Super Bowl interview with Bill "Oh REALLY?".

And then watching Jon Stewart do his take on it?
PRICELESS
(you have to watch this link even if you did already)

Watch The Daily Show nail Fox News for anti-Obama scandalmongering
http://theweek.com/article/index/255980/watch...

(Stewart deserves an Emmy for that one)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#84 Feb 6, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the problem?
How do you define "problem"? Wouldn't a "problem" actually have to create some, you know, PROBLEMS in someone's life? Just because we're doing something that YOU wouldn't choose to do, doesn't mean there's any problem.
To understand 'wondering' I suggest you watch "The Daily Show" clip I just posted to Curt.

I'm really beginning to believe many children back in the 40's, 50's and 60's were left with a feather,paint chips and sticky fingers for too long.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#85 Feb 6, 2014
@EdmondWA:
hence
wondering

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#91 Feb 6, 2014
Rabbi Barry Albin wrote:
Every child does need a good parent or two. However, there is nothing to indicate that the gender of the parent makes a difference. If Utah really wants to do something about marriage, end divorce and criminalize sex outside of marriage. But they will not do that because women would hate that.
Gay people will do as well with parenting as straight people. I had two straight parents and they were terrible at it. I would have been glad to have two real gay parents.
Utah is one of about 18 states where consensual fornication is technically prohibited under the law (one more than the states where sodomy laws are still on the books, by the way). It is on the books, but the general consensus is that these laws are incredibly unconstitutional and thus rarely, if ever charged. We're also talking about a state where laws prohibiting cohabitation, just had the constitutional rug pulled out from under them by the family from Sister Wives. Many states have any number of laws which should regulate the heck out of heterosexual behaviors, laws against fornication, heterosexual sodomy, cohabitation, adultery, under-age sex, the whole gamut. But when you're talking consenting adults with a reasonable expectation of privacy, you're also talking unconstitutional governmental intrusion into people's lives.
david traversa

Argentina

#94 Feb 6, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, art and science didn't need Michelangelo. World War II didn't need Alan Turing. Journalism doesn't gain anything from Anderson Cooper.
No one is trying to get rid of people who produce children, so I don't know what your point is. There's room for BOTH types of people in this world. You don't just muscle everyone out of society if they can't produce children, or if they don't fit into whatever mainstream pigeonhole you prefer.
Why is it totally cool for a man and a woman both with Down syndrome to get married? They can produce children, but is that a good idea? Even if the child were not afflicted (which they likely would be), the parents would not be capable of raising it. They would need a team of assistants. Yet their marriage is fully sanctioned. Where's the consistency?
Some might say that heterosexuals are doing TOO good of a job producing children. Isn't 7 billion enough yet? Aren't our resources stretched tight enough as it is? Aren't there plenty of post-consumer toxins being dumped into the air and sea, from the people we already have? Maybe you breeders should lighten up a little. Maybe you DO need us, to help keep the exploding population DOWN just a little. People are already having trouble finding enough jobs. Do you think your grandkids' grandkids will have an EASIER time, with another 4 or 5 billion MORE to compete with?
Nothing less than superb .. fully functioning brains like yours is what the world needs .

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#95 Feb 7, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
I love that the only possible defense of these prohibitions is that heterosexuality is a learning disorder and if we don't cater to it exclusively, they can become easily confused. They have nothing against us, it's just that straight folk are so mentally and emotionally handicapped that we gots to treat them special.
<tea everywhere>

<grumbling>

Not ANOTHER dam keyboard !!!
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#96 Feb 7, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
<tea everywhere>
<grumbling>
so, this post begs the question then......are you a tea partier?

LOL

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#97 Feb 7, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
<tea everywhere>
<grumbling>
What's a keyboard? Get yourself an iPad.
Campy

Las Vegas, NV

#98 Feb 7, 2014
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing less than superb .. fully functioning brains like yours is what the world needs .
Yes david, don't you wish you had one?
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#99 Feb 7, 2014
Campy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes david, don't you wish you had one?
Project a lot, don'tcha bigot boy? LOLAY!
Campy

Las Vegas, NV

#100 Feb 7, 2014
The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Project a lot, don'tcha bigot boy? LOLAY!
Lo Lay? You must be a bottom.

“ reality, what a concept”

this one

#101 Feb 7, 2014
snyper wrote:
<tea everywhere>
<grumbling>
It isn't about us, it really is all about them, they're the mess. Sorry about your keyboard.
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#104 Feb 7, 2014
Campy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lo Lay? You must be a bottom.
Once again,you're projecting, bigot boy.

Location hidden

#105 Feb 7, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a keyboard? Get yourself an iPad.
Apple?

Ewwww.

Location hidden

#106 Feb 7, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't about us, it really is all about them, they're the mess. Sorry about your keyboard.
I certainly agree.
Brett Mousel

Webster, MN

#108 Feb 9, 2014
Moral slippage is inherent in democracy and it chaotically degrades to fascism. Without a perfect regent, I prefer anarchy to chaos, as I think most should.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Tawas City, Michigan

#109 Feb 9, 2014
Brett Mousel wrote:
Moral slippage is inherent in democracy and it chaotically degrades to fascism. Without a perfect regent, I prefer anarchy to chaos, as I think most should.
Good thing we're not a democracy, but rather a constitutional republic which protects the rights of ALL citizens, not just the majority.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 16 min Respect71 25,943
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 17 min peruzzi 24
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr anonymous 60,852
News Kentucky clerka s defiance on same-sex marriage... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 10
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... (Mar '15) 2 hr Zorri 7,294
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 3 hr Pietro Armando 8,799
News Kentucky clerk asks Supreme Court to intervene ... 3 hr tcaud 54
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 3 hr Ol Kentuckin 549
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 4 hr EdmondWA 3,293
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 5 hr NoahLikesPi 377
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 5 hr WasteWater 89
More from around the web