Rose Parade gay wedding going on desp...

Rose Parade gay wedding going on despite protest

There are 41 comments on the WTOP-FM Washington story from Dec 30, 2013, titled Rose Parade gay wedding going on despite protest. In it, WTOP-FM Washington reports that:

The men who plan to become the first gay couple married on a Rose Parade float say they're too busy planning their wedding to think much about a proposed parade boycott.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOP-FM Washington.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fundieraising Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Dec 30, 2013
The fundies should boycott marriage by refusing to themselves marry until every state with marriage equality in place or pending repeals marriage equality.

After all, that's what some str8 allies did until progress was made towards marriage equality...they put off their own marriages. Even some clergy stopped officiating at heterosexual weddings until the bigotry was relieved.

The fundies should also boycott all the pro sports leagues, higher education, Apple, Intel and Microsoft, for starters, and all those leading blue states with marriage equality.

And, uh, Utah, also. Though fundies don't wanna touch that mormon thing with a ten foot closet pole.
Dddavid

United States

#6 Dec 30, 2013
Fundieraising Fatwass wrote:
The fundies should boycott marriage by refusing to themselves marry until every state with marriage equality in place or pending repeals marriage equality.
After all, that's what some str8 allies did until progress was made towards marriage equality...they put off their own marriages. Even some clergy stopped officiating at heterosexual weddings until the bigotry was relieved.
The fundies should also boycott all the pro sports leagues, higher education, Apple, Intel and Microsoft, for starters, and all those leading blue states with marriage equality.
And, uh, Utah, also. Though fundies don't wanna touch that mormon thing with a ten foot closet pole.
The fundies already ARE boycotting education. That is WHY they are fundies!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Dec 30, 2013
I still think it should be a multiple wedding; a gay couple, a lesbian couple, and a hetero couple.
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#8 Dec 30, 2013
Be sure there'll be a bigger crowd than ever in the parade's history. Nothing attracts like the forbidden fruit .
Fundieraising Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Dec 30, 2013
Dddavid wrote:
<quoted text>
The fundies already ARE boycotting education. That is WHY they are fundies!
You got me. Had I gone to Liberty Baptist University [sic] I would have known and expressed that....
Pop Quiz

Stafford, VA

#10 Dec 30, 2013
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>I bet my bottom dollar it won't be you, Mr. Internet Tough Guy.
You probably don't have a bottom dollar. You're one of Obama's welfare child.

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#11 Dec 31, 2013
It would be great to hear how a wedding offends people from the 32 states with a marriage ban. The protester does not explain that one.

I see Brian Brown got into the act again. It must be difficult, stuck in a dead end job where your income will only dwindle as equality flourishes.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#12 Dec 31, 2013
WTOP wrote:
Brian Brown, president of the National Organization for Marriage, quickly joined the conversation, issuing a statement saying children watching Wednesday's parade "will be exposed to the spectacle of men 'marrying' men with the attendant public hugging and kissing."
Oh the horrors! Children will have to see people expressing love and good will toward on another! What we need is some good old fashioned blood and guts.

Maybe we could replace the AIDS float with Stand Your Ground from the NRA. We could have a nice domestic scene of a man protecting his home/castle/single-wide by shooting his own 14-year-old daughter coming home from the dance. Red roses are the perfect medium to express blood gushing onto the ground.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13 Dec 31, 2013
Ron431 wrote:
I see Brian Brown got into the act again. It must be difficult, stuck in a dead end job where your income will only dwindle as equality flourishes.
That's why Brian and Maggie are expanding internationally. There are unlimited opportunities for them to soak the poor lemmings overseas.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#14 Dec 31, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the horrors! Children will have to see people expressing love and good will toward on another! What we need is some good old fashioned blood and guts.
Maybe we could replace the AIDS float with Stand Your Ground from the NRA. We could have a nice domestic scene of a man protecting his home/castle/single-wide by shooting his own 14-year-old daughter coming home from the dance. Red roses are the perfect medium to express blood gushing onto the ground.
nhjeff, the drama queen. If I was in the area I'd skip that parade. Now they are turning an old and famous parade into a gay parade. What's next?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#15 Dec 31, 2013
Ron431 wrote:
It would be great to hear how a wedding offends people from the 32 states with a marriage ban.
It's not a wedding, it's a gay wedding. When party A kisses party B don't be surprise if people laugh out loud, or throw up.
Hans

Germany

#16 Dec 31, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a wedding, it's a gay wedding. When party A kisses party B don't be surprise if people laugh out loud, or throw up.
I agree. It's going to be a freak show.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#18 Dec 31, 2013
Hans wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. It's going to be a freak show.
Birds and bees will be heading for the hills.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#19 Dec 31, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the horrors! Children will have to see people expressing love and good will toward on another! What we need is some good old fashioned blood and guts.
Maybe we could replace the AIDS float with Stand Your Ground from the NRA. We could have a nice domestic scene of a man protecting his home/castle/single-wide by shooting his own 14-year-old daughter coming home from the dance. Red roses are the perfect medium to express blood gushing onto the ground.
Ah yes, a homofascist seeking to infringe upon the constitutional rights of fellow citizens. How typical. And traitorous.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#20 Dec 31, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
nhjeff, the drama queen. If I was in the area I'd skip that parade.
You wouldn't be missed in any way. Absolutely no one would comment on your absence.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Now they are turning an old and famous parade into a gay parade. What's next?
I assume more religitards skipping famous non-gay parades because they can't accept reality.

Any other stupid questions dear?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21 Dec 31, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a wedding, it's a gay wedding.
No dear, weddings don't have sexual orientations, people do. It's a wedding like any other wedding....it's the participants that are gay.

It's really amazing that someone like yourself could be trolling through gay related Topix sites for years and still be so stupid.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
When party A kisses party B don't be surprise if people laugh out loud, or throw up.
No one will notice those two people. They will be lost in the thunderous applause of thousands that will occur when that moment happens.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#22 Dec 31, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a wedding, it's a gay wedding. When party A kisses party B don't be surprise if people laugh out loud, or throw up.
You find homosexuals repulsive, yet you can't stay away from the gay/lesbian forum. Hmmmmmmmmm......
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#23 Dec 31, 2013
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>You find homosexuals repulsive, yet you can't stay away from the gay/lesbian forum. Hmmmmmmmmm......
I find democrats repulsive but I engage them on the internet. It's called debate and dissenting views. Leave it to you to insult someone for being you. Too funny.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#24 Dec 31, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
I find democrats repulsive but I engage them on the internet. It's called debate and dissenting views. Leave it to you to insult someone for being you. Too funny.
This coming from a Republican. HYSTERICAL.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#25 Dec 31, 2013
Protest?? Is there a protest? I hadn't heard....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 6 min Jonah1 4,564
News Church reels after Ireland's huge 'Yes' to gay ... 9 min Fa-Foxy 26
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 min Terra Firma 21,685
News Human Rights Campaign report says Chattanooga l... 13 min Fa-Foxy 48
News Can Rick Santorum escape his past? 15 min Ted Haggard s Mas... 11
News Ireland's 'Social Revolution' 21 min Fa-Foxy 3
News British author J.K. Rowling laid down the law o... 23 min NE Jade 4
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 45 min nhjeff 5,662
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 45 min Belle Sexton 33,238
Are the mods fair and balanced? 46 min Fa-Frizzo 845
News Ireland same-sex marriage 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 225
More from around the web