Philippines gets 2nd major warship from US Coast Guard to challenge China's island claims

There are 11 comments on the Aug 6, 2013, Canada.com story titled Philippines gets 2nd major warship from US Coast Guard to challenge China's island claims. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Enjoy cycling? Thinking about training for the GranFondo? Take a look at The Vancouver Sun's new Cycling and GranFondo training page.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

joules

Plano, TX

#3 Aug 6, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
Like the Philippians can stand up to the Chinese?
What a joke.
Is Obama retarded or WHAT?
With old Coast Guard ships?
Obama has gone insane.
If you voted for him please go flush your head in the toilet, NOW!
All the Philippians I knew hated America anyway.
Ungrateful lot that they are.
Coast Guard ships are not used for combat. They are for search and rescue.
You just asked half the Americans to flush their heads.
Get acquainted with more Filipinos. There's 4 million of them in the US and 40,000 arrive there every year since 1979.
I think you are the retarded one.
joules

Plano, TX

#5 Aug 6, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you didn't read the topic of this topix.
Read it then tell me what the ships are to be used for then tell me who the retard is.
Every one of them that I've met hates America.
I don't care what your statistics say.
They don't mean a thing to me.
Yes, and if I may quote the article
"It will further intensify our patrolling of the Philippines' exclusive economic zone and our capability to quell any threat and bad elements, respond to search and rescue operations and take care of our marine resources," Aquino told a crowd that included U.S. Ambassador Harry Thomas.
As I said it's for search and rescue and other things. That's what these ships were designed for.
Coast Guard ships are not capable of butting heads with Chinese war ships - China spends $120 billion a year for its military. No Navy in the region can currently outspend them.
My stats still tell you its illogical to say that Filipinos hate the same country they want to migrate to.
Ewww

Houston, TX

#6 Aug 6, 2013
Chinese ships are slapped together. They cannot build their own engines. Only copy.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#7 Aug 6, 2013
joules wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and if I may quote the article
"It will further intensify our patrolling of the Philippines' exclusive economic zone and our capability to quell any threat and bad elements, respond to search and rescue operations and take care of our marine resources," Aquino told a crowd that included U.S. Ambassador Harry Thomas.
As I said it's for search and rescue and other things. That's what these ships were designed for.
Coast Guard ships are not capable of butting heads with Chinese war ships - China spends $120 billion a year for its military. No Navy in the region can currently outspend them.
My stats still tell you its illogical to say that Filipinos hate the same country they want to migrate to.
The Chinese have no navy, period. Zip, nada zilch.
china

Pembroke, NC

#8 Aug 6, 2013
Ewww wrote:
Chinese ships are slapped together. They cannot build their own engines. Only copy.
worked when you guys stole stuff back in the day and said it was yours:/
joules

Plano, TX

#9 Aug 6, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>The Chinese have no navy, period. Zip, nada zilch.
And you know this to be a fact because.....?
joules

Plano, TX

#11 Aug 6, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, they will do absolutely NOTHING to stop the Chinese if they want something. NOTHING.
It's all a stupid show from Obama the coward.
Actually there is a Mutual Defense Treaty between US and PH. To summarize it, it states that any attack on PH is deemed as an attack on US and vice versa. So by the treaty, US is bound to do something. There are also joint military exercises conducted by both US and PH that plan is still active to date.
Dr Pepper

Fishers, IN

#13 Aug 6, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you didn't read the topic of this topix.
Read it then tell me what the ships are to be used for then tell me who the retard is.
Every one of them that I've met hates America.
I don't care what your statistics say.
They don't mean a thing to me.
;) dat is good 8balls!!the Robot confuel of the Guardian of King Kong vs. Ding Dong pin!!;-00
amcummer

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Aug 6, 2013
Japan just launched their biggest warship since WWII and knowing how capable the Japanese are they can also build a rocket that seeks the ass of the china men leader who try to steal every other country's territories. Japan and PH, USA aside, may incur enough threat to China's economic and military power if the chinks persist on being such a bully.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#17 Aug 7, 2013
coast guard vessels 'major warships???'

lol...idiots
amcummer

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Aug 7, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
coast guard vessels 'major warships???'
lol...idiots
Even that are too costly for the poor Philippines. It's all China's fault, had the Chinese not being so greedy and want to grab territories the Philippines would not have to spend so much money on arms to defend their country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This Story Will Make You Cry (In A Good Way) 3 min NE Jade 2
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 14 min EasyEed 59,297
Why is Jade a sniveling putz? 14 min Karl Junior 1
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 20 min Lawrence Wolf 30
Are the mods fair and balanced? 28 min Loenzo 634
News Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions (Oct '14) 37 min Daniel 96 A 6,403
News America's transgender moment 58 min Wondering 14
News Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP White Ho... 1 hr TomInElPaso 75
News Chief Justice John Roberts faces another big mo... 1 hr HetWall 36
News State warns Boy Scouts about discriminating aga... 1 hr TomInElPaso 96
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr WasteWater 19,582
More from around the web