Neb. Lawmaker Introduces Anti-Discrimination Bill

Jan 22, 2013 Read more: KOLN-TV Lincoln 25

A Nebraska lawmaker has introduced a bill that would prohibit employers from discriminating against potential workers based on their sexual orientation.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#27 Jan 24, 2013
WMD In Africa wrote:
<quoted text>
So where and how many times have gays actually been discriminated against in the workplace?
Thud
I don't have the statistics on that one, but I personally know several, including myself. So white people are upset over Chinese hiring Chinese, and Latinos hiring Latinos, but they raise no fuss when whites hire whites. Isn't that interesting. If you are white, watch your step. By mid-century you are going to be THE minority. Good luck with that. I'll be dead by then, so I don't have to worry about it.

Central NJ

#28 Jan 24, 2013
ME! I was forced out of the best job I ever had because I was perceived as Gay, I'm not Gay, I'm Transexual, but the person who caused it neither knew or cared about the difference.
"My president was elected by dead people!"
Regards, Terri
WMD In Africa wrote:
<quoted text>
So where and how many times have gays actually been discriminated against in the workplace? Ya see, this is where libtards are wrong, bigtime! If any white person on a regular basis hired people just because of color the libtards would be in an uproar. Yet all across the country we have Chinese businesses with strictly Chinese employess, same as Latino or Japanease and so forth. It is as though a white conservative thinker could never be allowed to do such a thing.
The party of hypocricy, subversion, decadence, perversions, abortions, drugs, failure, irresponsibility, you name it. Socially destructive with the expectations of expecting others to pay.
Thud
Klaus

Anonymous Proxy

#29 Jan 24, 2013
TerryE wrote:
ME! I was forced out of the best job I ever had because I was perceived as Gay, I'm not Gay, I'm Transexual, but the person who caused it neither knew or cared about the difference.
"My president was elected by dead people!"
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
More likely you were fired because you were always complaining and not doing your job. Or maybe the women got tired of seeing your junk hanging out of your panties in the ladies room.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#30 Jan 24, 2013
Klaus wrote:
<quoted text>
More likely you were fired because you were always complaining and not doing your job. Or maybe the women got tired of seeing your junk hanging out of your panties in the ladies room.
No, it was probably because he had a bigoted moron like you for a boss, that he had to train all the time and then threw him under the bus because they couldn't comprehend anything.

Central NJ

#33 Jan 24, 2013
Ordinarily I don't bother to answer these kinds posts, but since the writer may be stupid enough to think he's won some sort of victory, I'll straighten him out about what happened now.
First of all, at the time I was in almost total denial of my Transexuality. I had a family to feed and in no way was I doing anything to make a spectacle of myself. I wore suits and ties every day. I was not fighting the fight as a gender warrior. I still have the letters of commendation I received. As I said, I had mouths the feed, so I did nothing to upset the job or my life. The boss, at first, seemed to like me but he was always making little cracks about gays in general. Gradually, they became more specific until they were all directed at me. How do you fight that?" Gosh boss, you've got me all wrong, I'm not gay, I'm Transexual! Riiight! That would have gone over real well!
So despite trying to hide it, My Transexual nature "Outed" me. That was one of the factors in my starting to transition. There was no issues about the ladies room or anything else. It was just being perceived as gay and not being able (at the time)to be able to do anything about it.
Regards, Terri
Klaus wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Which presidential hopefuls would attend a gay ... 3 min woodtick57 88
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min NoahLovesU 19,192
News UK politician with dementia spared sex crime ch... 6 min Imprtnrd 6
out of the closet? good idea or bad? 14 min Reverend Alan 17
News Gay 'marriage': A recipe for anarchy 26 min WeTheSheeple 36
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 27 min RustyS 221
News U.S. corporations pressure two states accused o... 28 min Reverend Alan 809
Are the mods fair and balanced? 31 min Reverend Alan 453
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers 9 hr Brian_G 37
More from around the web