Gay illegal immigrant denied protecti...

Gay illegal immigrant denied protection in US

There are 14 comments on the Worcester Telegram & Gazette story from Oct 4, 2012, titled Gay illegal immigrant denied protection in US. In it, Worcester Telegram & Gazette reports that:

A federal appeals court in Denver is refusing to block extradition of a gay illegal immigrant who sought protection in the U.S. claiming Mexican authorities persecute gay people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Worcester Telegram & Gazette.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 4, 2012
How can the U.S. allow someone to be sent back to persecution?
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#2 Oct 4, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
Maybe because he's here illegally? Try sneaking into any foreign country and then protest and demand rights,see how far you get.
Concerned

Mexico

#3 Oct 4, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
I live here in Mexico. He is lying. Puerto Vallarta has a thriving gay community ad I see them everyday in Chihuahua. They seem to show they are gay, there is no mistaking it. I have talked to them at parties and they seem to fit right in with the straights. Just another ploy.
ronnie

American Fork, UT

#4 Oct 4, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I live here in Mexico. He is lying. Puerto Vallarta has a thriving gay community ad I see them everyday in Chihuahua. They seem to show they are gay, there is no mistaking it. I have talked to them at parties and they seem to fit right in with the straights. Just another ploy.
They will look for any excuse in the book. Including Sombreros with Dress's.

“Mormons will brainwash you”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5 Oct 4, 2012
Lmao!!

“Mormons will brainwash you”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6 Oct 4, 2012
Lonewolf wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe because he's here illegally? Try sneaking into any foreign country and then protest and demand rights,see how far you get.
Well said Lonewolf!
Hector

Palm Desert, CA

#7 Oct 4, 2012
the Estado Unidos is flooded with mojados, now mexiho wants to flood it with jotos, the raza sure is chitty...

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#8 Oct 4, 2012
Lonewolf wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe because he's here illegally? Try sneaking into any foreign country and then protest and demand rights,see how far you get.
I agree. You don't read too many news stories about Americans illegally emigrating to places like China, Russia, Cuba, North Korea, Canada, Mexico, or Myanmar.
CommonSense

East Lansing, MI

#9 Oct 5, 2012
Lonewolf wrote:
This is different. Sometimes people fleeing persecution can't go through the legal channels because it's impractical as a result of their circumstances. If a slavery-allowing country's slave ran away to the US we would not turn them away because "they are an illegal".
Speedieg

Atlanta, GA

#11 Oct 5, 2012
Homosexuality is not a federally recognized status and therefore is not used as consideration for anything. It's not right but that's the way it is.
Gay Shampoo

Pittsfield, MA

#12 Oct 5, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
Just like so many other words in the dictionary gays refuse to accept and being here 'illegally' is one of them. You are a moving, thinking, breathing human violation and a defect.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13 Oct 5, 2012
funny after it was just said that they would not be deported this guy comes into the picture.again say and do anything to stay.

they should have thought of this before coming here,yet like all criminals while breaking the law they was not thinking of getting caught.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#14 Oct 5, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
Normally I would agree with you but I think the issue here is scope and extent of persecution. Even if some localities in Mexico are not good for gay people, I don't think one can say they entire country is. Parts have legalized gay marriage and as another poster pointed out, there is a thriving gay community. It is not the same as deporting someone to Uganda, Russia, or Iran.
sba131

United States

#15 Oct 5, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. You don't read too many news stories about Americans illegally emigrating to places like China, Russia, Cuba, North Korea, Canada, Mexico, or Myanmar.
Well said. My thoughts exactly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ireland same-sex marriage 3 min American_Infidel 449
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 4 min TomInElPaso 629
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 7 min lides 4,722
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min Respect71 21,911
News Rick Santorum Will Fight The Supreme Court If I... 13 min Fa-Foxy 114
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 18 min Reverend Alan 5,790
News Bette Midler Weighs In on Josh Duggar Scandal, ... 19 min Tazo 33
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr RevKen 33,361
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 1 hr Rose_NoHo 2,676
More from around the web