Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

I suggest that when Rabbis cut the penises of little boys in the name of god, it makes the Rabbis feel a sense of POWER!

Beasts in god-garbs.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

And when the Imams cut the clitorises of girls by suggesting that it's a god's will, I suggest they also feel a sense of power surge through their egos.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “A Singular Iniquity—The Campaigns of Josephine Butler, by Glen Petrie, comes the following…………..

In 1858 clinics existed in many cities entirely devoted to Clitoridectomy. In boys, masturbation led to insanity and in girls it led to nymphomania and the brothel …(England).

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

The Rabbi is very smug and very proud of his ability to without their consent, mutilate baby boys.

Christopher Hitchens in debate with Jewish Rabbi

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Being that it is the heterosexuals that reproduce more often than homosexuals ... it is common sense that most people of the world "are" heterosexual.

High numbers doesn't make heterosexuals more special in any way whatsoever. It just means that many heterosexuals believed and still believe the theological nonsense that a god favored them while rejecting homosexuals.

Religion dumbs people down, and the tragedy is that the people in religion seem to appreciate being dumbed down.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

What a shame that idiots such as this one were revered as "knowers" of truth.

Those who are gay don't "hate" the opposite sex. They simply are not attracted to them, just as I (as a heterosexual) am not attracted to other women.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

What Did They Say About Gays … Allan Gould

George Beard (1839—1883)

Prominent nineteenth-century U. S. doctor.

…[T]he sex is perverted, they hate the opposite sex, and love their own; men become women, and women men, in their tastes, conduct, character, feelings, and behavior.

From Sexual Neurasthenia (New York: E.B. Treat, 1884), p. 107.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

I suggest had Emma been born in an earlier century, she would have been burned at the stake as a heretic for disobeying the men of the hierarchy, who of course always claimed to be servants of "god."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

What Did They Say About Gays … Allan Gould

Emma Goldman (1869—1940)

American feminist and revolutionary.

…[S]he stressed the power of the sexual impulse over all aspects of life and argued that sexual repression not only harmed health but inhibited intellectual and artistic creativity as well. Beginning in 1895 with her defense of Oscar Wilde during his trial, Goldman extended the basic anarchist idea of “noninvasion” to a defense of homosexuality. In what may have been her most audacious lecture,“Vice”(later she would draw on the work of Edward Carpenter to discuss “The Intermediate Sex”), she insisted that sex was an absolute private affair into which state, church, or other people had no right to intrude. She argued that any act entered into voluntarily by two people is not vice.“What is usually hastily condemned as vice by thoughtless individuals, such as homosexuality, masturbation, etc.,” she advised,“should be considered from a scientific viewpoint, and not in a moralizing way.”

For Emma,“the sex question” was also emphatically a woman’s question, since women suffered most from repressive sexual values.

From Emma Goldman: An Intimate Life by Alice Wexler (New York: Random House, 1984), p. 94.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Of course homosexuality should BE considered from a scientific viewpoint.

The study of what makes us different does not moralize.

Religion always moralizes, as the self-ordained judges of morality within the religions believe they are qualified to speak for "gods."

"Vanity is MINE!" ... sayeth the religious moralizers.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

The father of Wicca Gerald Gardner was a moralizer in the guise of serving a goddess, when he stated that the goddess cursed homosexuals.

Then, the off-shooters of his religion were self-appointed moralizers when they corrected Gerald by claiming that the goddess loves homosexuals and bisexuals.

Those in religion always want to align the whims of imaginary deities to their own self-centered desires.

Science is not concerned with such nonsense.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

LOL ;)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Tre H wrote:
LOL ;)
Ditto ...:)

Now maybe you could try defending Wicca as you used to in the old days when you constantly referred to me as "bat-shit crazy."

You certainly cuddled up to Alex Sanders morphed form of Wicca, while rejecting Gerald Gardner's original form of Wicca, which you knew was homophobic.

You and Alex, being bi-sexual was the reason. You didn't appreciate Gerald's homophobia ... did you Thomas? And neither did the other Pagans that also referred to me as insane.

You are a see-through fraud!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Tre H wrote:
LOL ;)
Why are "dogging" me now Thomas? After all, I have always defended gay rights and women's rights to abortions.

I left the thread "Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays" to you and your pal Svaha ... but you followed me to continue your stupidity.

Now what do you want from me other than to once again refer to me as bat-shit crazy?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

This was Thomas's opinion of me back when we were all bashing the Christians, and "before" I started studying and criticizing Wicca.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Thread ... Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays.

Post # 150893 Page 6350

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you are well, June. You should almost consider it an honor that the nutcases are still throwing tantrums about your presence. You're likely to be on the right track if they deem you evil ;)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Because of societal changes, pederasty took on extreme negative connotations. Yet men who were old enough to be grandfathers took girls as young as 12 or 14 years of age as their "loving brides."

When trying to put on airs of morality ... especially in context of aligning to the wills of gods ... humans are ridiculous!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

7th century BCE[edit]
ca. 630 BCE – Dorian aristocrats in Crete adopt formal relations between adult aristocrats and adolescent boys; an inscription from Crete is the oldest record of the social institution of paiderasteia among the Greeks[6](see Cretan pederasty). Marriage between men in Greece was not legally recognized, but men might form life-long relationships originating in paiderasteia ("pederasty," without the pejorative connotations of the English word). These partnerships were not dissimilar to heterosexual marriages except that the older person served as educator or mentor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_LGBT...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Depending on the era and the culture in which humans lived, the humans were and are brain-washed into believing what is moral and what is not moral.

If born in one of the ancient religions, humans would have been brainwashed to believe that according to the gods, behavior was either aligned to holiness or to evil. Followers were taught that there was no in-between.

Imagine believing in a "highest" form concerning sex. That word "highest" indicates that highest would be moral and lowest would be "immoral."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

4th century BCE[edit]
385 BCE – Plato publishes Symposium in which Phaedrus, Eryixmachus, Aristophanes and other Greek intellectuals argue that love between males is the highest form, while sex with women is lustful and utilitarian.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Non-human animals don't make a big deal out of sex, as it is natural to them. Once they mate to reproduce, most of them go their own ways, until the next mating session.

But it seems that humans believe it is a duty to make a big deal out of everything ... including superior importance to gods or goddesses over non-human animals AND each other.

In the quests to perceive self as special, humans are all too often the most aggressive of beasts.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

So much negativity against homosexuals was based on the idea that furthering the species (especially our own group's race and religion) was all-important. In that regard it was believed that homosexuals were irresponsible ... and being perceived as irresponsible concerning reproduction of the species ... it was a short jump from attaching the word irresponsible to making a big deal out of it by adding the word "EVIL."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

350 BCE – Plato publishes Laws in which the Athenian stranger and his companions criticize homosexuality as being lustful and wrong for society because it does not further the species and may lead to irresponsible citizenry.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Depending on the moods of those in power, homosexuals were at some times honored, and at other times vilified.

When pertaining to moods, humans are fickle.

As you can see in the following, the word pederasty at that time in history had no negative connotations attached to it whatsoever.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

338 BCE – The Sacred Band of Thebes, an undefeated elite battalion made up of one hundred and fifty pederastic couples, is destroyed by the forces of Philip II of Macedon who bemoans their loss and praises their honour.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

If these people of religion would study history from an objective point of view ... rather than indulging their selves in their images of salvation ... I suggest that those images of salvation would soon lose their appeal as they take on a much different frame of mind.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

326 BCE – Military leader Alexander the Great, who was bisexual (as was considered the norm in Ancient Greek culture[14]), completes conquest of most of the then known Western world, launching the Hellenistic Age in which millions of people are converted to a Hellenistic culture that views homosexual relationships positively.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Christians were soon after the following time-line taught that homosexuality IS evil according to "GOD."

Ridiculous blather.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

1st Century AD

54 – Nero becomes Emperor of Rome. Nero married two men, Pythagoras and Sporus, in legal ceremonies, with Sporus accorded the regalia worn by the wives of the Caesars.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

And here you see how Christianity became a vile institution of brutality against homosexuals ... not to mention (at this time) all the other humans that were brutalized by those beasts in god-garb.

Do you think for one moment that had Jesus actually lived, he would have supported Christianity???

If you do, I suggest you give your heads a shake to let loose of the word salvation ... that in turn is blocking your sight.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

4th Century AD

390 – In the year 390, the Christian emperors Valentinian II, Theodosius I and Arcadius declared homosexual sex to be illegal and those who were guilty of it were condemned to be burned alive in front of the public.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,721 - 8,740 of8,806
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ACLU Picks Winners In National Gay-Wedding Contest 4 min The Rogue 14
Judges question attorneys at gay marriage hearing 5 min Fa-Foxy 1
Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage evolving 8 min Fa-Foxy 34
Are You Sick Of Queers "Coming Out"? (Aug '13) 41 min Frankie Rizzo 179
First Australian gay couples to legally marry 44 min The Troll Stopper 1,711
Chick-fil-A wings in new direction after gay flap 59 min Christsharia Law 243
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Dusty Mangina 39,680
Axe Murder and Cannibalism and Graham Crackers,... 3 hr Christsharia Law 97
•••