Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#9591 Sep 20, 2013
Religion more often than not generates animosity which ends in one or another type of disaster.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Explosion inside Sunni mosque north of Baghdad kills 18 people, says Iraqi official

Last week, a similar attack on a Sunni mosque in northeast of Baghdad killed 33 worshippers.

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Iraqi+offici...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#9592 Sep 20, 2013
I suggest that the hatred between the Jews and the Muslims stemed from the following split in the two religions. The Jews wanted full religious control and Muhammad had other "ideas."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Chronology of Medieval Christianity

Muhammad broke with his Jewish supporters because they refused to recognize him as a prophet and adopt Islam. He chose now to emphasize the Arabness of the new religion and has his followers face Mecca when praying instead of Jerusalem. In the end, all the Jews were either banished or executed.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christi ...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#9593 Sep 20, 2013
The same issue occurred between the pope and Martin Luther. The pope wanted full religious control and Luther had other "ideas."

Those in religion don't want to admit that rather than right ... they could have all got it wrong.

And so it went, and so it goes.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#9594 Sep 20, 2013
rather than "being" right ... they could have all got it wrong.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#9595 Sep 20, 2013
I don't know if awareness continues after death of my physical body ... but I relate to the words one senior stated when I asked her if she believed whether or not there will be a hereafter. She pondered on my question for a moment, and then said, "I really don't know, but I believe that if I do the best I can now, the rest will take care of itself."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#9596 Sep 20, 2013
I believe that doing the best I am able is to give voice in regard to my belief that homosexuals deserve equal treatment in all ways to heterosexuals ... and to voice my distain for those who use their religion to "bully" homosexuals in the pretense that they are serving gods.

I believe that I am doing my best when I support women to make their own choices regarding the subject of abortion, and to give voice to my belief that to save the lives of more women, birth control should be legal ... world wide, and that if the birth control fails the women, abortion should be the next choice for ONLY the women to make on their own behalves.

When men carry the fetuses, they can make the choices of whether they want to have abortions, or give birth to the babies.

And that will be fair.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#9597 Sep 20, 2013
When I hear men whining that women had abortions without the men's approval, I suggest that the role be reversed.

If men were pregnant would they ask the women's approval of what should be done concerning the issue of whether to carry or abort the fetus or maybe 6 fetuses in one pregnancy?

I DOUBT it!!!

As it is ... men have the ejaculation and their parts are done. Women face a different story entirely.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#9598 Sep 20, 2013
From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following………

In Brazil, 25% of hospital beds are occupied by women suffering complications after illegal abortions. There are approximately 3 million illegal abortions per year.

In India, a woman dies about every ten minutes from a botched abortion. Abortion is legal in India in many cases, but many women in rural areas have no access to clinics.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#9599 Sep 20, 2013
I suggest that Mother Teresa must have known that women were dying in droves from botched abortions in India.

But her mind was set in the idea that "God" was offended by abortion ... and so she set about preaching to starving people that abortion was an EVIL SIN!

Mother would rather they were born first, then suffer from starvation, and then die. It had to be in the "right" order. Pun intended.

Religion all too often prevents people from helping where help is desperately needed.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#9600 Sep 20, 2013
We will never know how many people were imprisoned, tortured in various ways and put to death by orders of theologians.

And their dastardly deeds are still in full mode all around the world.

If they were to say "I believe that a creator exists, but I don't know if what I believe is true" ... who would follow them???

Would YOU?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#9601 Sep 20, 2013
U of R adds special sinks for Muslim students

The University of Regina has installed washing stations for Muslim students to be able to wash up before they begin prayer.

"We have to wash our hands, our face, our heads and our feet," said Sayari. "It's hard to put your feet on the sink, and it's disgusting for other people who come in. So it's easier to sit on the sink and put your leg in it, and it's specially made for that."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/u-...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#9602 Sep 22, 2013
Just in case anyone is interested, I started another thread.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TQ6FQK3...

Prince George, Canada

#9603 Oct 16, 2013
Martin Luther was a simple-minded theologian, who thought for certain that he knew the mind of a god.

The harm he committed with his words based on his own arrogance may never be known ... but his decision on who should be put to death according to the bible was a common theme in the ongoing waves of Christianity that spread as a mental cancer to infect others all around the world.

Prince George, Canada

#9604 Oct 16, 2013
From the book … What Did They Say About Gays … Allan Gould.

MARTIN LUTHER (1483—1546)

Religious leader of the Protestant Reformation.

The heinous conduct of the people of Sodom is extraordinary, in as much as they departed from the natural passion and longing of the male for the female, which was implanted by God, and desired what is altogether contrary to nature. Whence comes this perversity? Undoubtedly from Satan, who, after people have once turned away from the fear of God, so powerfully suppresses nature that he beats out the natural desire and stirs up a desire that is contrary to nature.
From “Lectures on Genesis,” in Works, ed. Jaroslav Pelikan and Helmut Lehmann (Philadelphia and St. Louis: Mullenberg and Concordia, 1955—1967), 3:255.

Prince George, Canada

#9605 Oct 16, 2013
Assyrian clay tablet points to 'Sodom and Gomorrah' asteroid

A Cuneiform clay tablet which for over 150 years defied attempts at interpretation has now been revealed to describe an asteroid impact which in 3123 BC hit Köfels, Austria, leaving in its wake a trail of destruction which may acccount for the biblical tale of Sodom and Gomorrah.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/kofel ...

Prince George, Canada

#9606 Oct 16, 2013
Now it comes to light, that what many members of the hierarchies in churches were preaching against, is what they were doing behind closed door.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book … What Did They Say About Gays … Allan Gould.

SERMON FOR INDIAN CONVERTS OF PERU

A sixteenth-century suggestion.

If there is any one among you who commits sodomy, sinning with another man, or with a boy, or with a beast, let [it] be known that, because of that, fire and brimstone fell from heaven and burned the fine cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and left them in ashes.

Let it be known that it carries the death penalty under the laws of our Spanish Kings….

Let it be known that the reason why God has allowed that you, the Indians, should be so affected and vexed by other nations is because of this vice that your ancestors had, and many among you still have….

God will finish you, and he is already doing so if you will not reform.

Take away drunkenness and feasts which are the sowing ground of these abominable vices, remove the boys and men from your beds, do not sleep mixed up like pigs, but each one of you by himself, do not sing or say dirty words, do not entice your flesh with your hands, because this is also a sin and deserving death and hell.

From the Third Provincial Council of Lima, Peru,1585, Cathecismo de la Doctrina Christiana Sermones, pp. 150—154.

Prince George, Canada

#9607 Oct 16, 2013
This priest left the Catholic religion, believing that Protestants had the REAL truth from the god that once supposedly favored ONLY Jews as his chosen few, then favored Catholics, then Muslims ... and at last favored Protestants.

Humans are ridiculous!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following………….

It is natural, after this picture, to inquire if Catholic priests go themselves to confession, and if they avow all their crimes; to this I answer,-They are obliged to go to confession every fortnight, or at least once in three weeks, because their Superiors make inquiries about that point very carefully; and it is an eminent recommendation to the Superiors to apply often and to the celebrated confessors. Many of the priests make their whole faith to consist in efficaciousness to the confession, and they avow all their crimes to their confessor the same day in which they commit them. They believe firmly, that because a man whom they know as vicious as themselves has pronounced upon their head those words “Ego te absolvo,”—“I absolve thee,” in extending their hand, they believe their sins all blotted out, their conscience whitened and pure, and on the same evening they renew again the same crimes.

Prince George, Canada

#9608 Oct 16, 2013
Those in religion are often all their cracked-up to be.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Prince George, Canada

#9609 Oct 16, 2013
The only time these issues are exposed to people of the world is when the people within these cloistered groups, break out of the groups and expose the molesters from the outside IN.

Make no mistake about it. The male leaders of the cults do NOT handle molestations to the benefit of children. They never have, and I suggest they never will.

It makes their image of a god that they put up on a pedestal as HOLY ... look REALLY BAD!

Prince George, Canada

#9610 Oct 16, 2013
I suggest that when Rabbis cut the penises of little boys in the name of god, it makes the Rabbis feel a sense of POWER!

Beasts in god-garbs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min Nine Ball 58,952
News Former Disney exec accused of being part of Hol... 7 min nhjeff 2
Why Do You Hate Queers? 8 min Carmine 1
News Indiana backlash: What you need to know 16 min Logical Deduction 87
News Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... (Aug '14) 23 min ORIGINAL WILLARD 267
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 27 min Respect71 17,848
News Arkansas poised to adopt religious freedom law 39 min Peterwad 12
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr Chris Toal 30,960
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 1 hr Pietro Armando 1,954
News Indiana lawmakers try to quiet firestorm surrou... 2 hr The Cure 122
More from around the web