Victim of Alleged Hate Crime Attack Needs Facial Reconstructive Surgery

There are 11 comments on the Sep 5, 2013, EDGE story titled Victim of Alleged Hate Crime Attack Needs Facial Reconstructive Surgery. In it, EDGE reports that:

A Denver, Colo., man who was attacked over the Labor Day weekend, allegedly because he was gay, will now require facial reconstructive surgery for injuries sustained during the beating KMGH-TV , Denver's ABC-affiliated station reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Sep 5, 2013
I certainly hope that these criminals are apprehended, tried, convicted, and sentenced to LONG prison sentences.

And while we're on the subject of violent crime, I believe that ALL states should have "THREE-STRIKES laws".

More than 99% of Americans are law-abiding citizens who never commit a felony in their entire life. It's the 1% of the population that are felonious criminals, that screw things up for the rest of us !

I've been a victim of felonious crimes a few times in my life, violent crime, and property crime, and it is NOT fun !

I think if a person is convicted of a third felony, then they should be given life in prison, as I doubt that they have ONLY committed 3 felonies in their life !

Remove these dangerous criminals from society !
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Sep 5, 2013
This crime took place at two-oclock in the morning!
.
So the attacker's homophobic psychosis makes him rise out of bed in the middle of the night and stalk the streets like a zombie looking to get his jollies beating people up; which is an expression of serial paraphilia
.
It won't be long before he will be eating people alive and preserving their skulls in his freezer
.
Perhaps homophobic psychosis should be certified in the DSM as a paraphilia and criminalized for the sake of public safety

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Sep 5, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
This crime took place at two-oclock in the morning!
.
So the attacker's homophobic psychosis makes him rise out of bed in the middle of the night and stalk the streets like a zombie looking to get his jollies beating people up; which is an expression of serial paraphilia
.
It won't be long before he will be eating people alive and preserving their skulls in his freezer
.
Perhaps homophobic psychosis should be certified in the DSM as a paraphilia and criminalized for the sake of public safety
Perhaps criminals should be given long prison sentences, and law-abiding Americans should arm themselves for the protection of themselves and others.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Sep 5, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps criminals should be given long prison sentences, and law-abiding Americans should arm themselves for the protection of themselves and others.
You just want to turn America into a shooting gallery so you can sit on your front porch swilling brewski and watch morons duel to the death on the streets

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Sep 5, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You just want to turn America into a shooting gallery so you can sit on your front porch swilling brewski and watch morons duel to the death on the streets
Yeah ? So You got a problem with that ?

Here on the wind-swept plains of southern Arizona, we don't take to kindly so southern varmints like yourself tellin us how to run our state.

Beware the "WE SHOOT SOUTHERN VARMINT" signs, stay the HELL away from us and stay at least 20 miles from my land !(Beware the "WE SHOOT SOUTHERN VARMINT" signs).
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Sep 5, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ? So You got a problem with that ?
Here on the wind-swept plains of southern Arizona, we don't take to kindly so southern varmints like yourself tellin us how to run our state.
Beware the "WE SHOOT SOUTHERN VARMINT" signs, stay the HELL away from us and stay at least 20 miles from my land !(Beware the "WE SHOOT SOUTHERN VARMINT" signs).
Nah! Its more fun here in the Confederacy chillin' in the breeze on my front porch swilling JFG CoffeeŽ watching the republican political meltdown ;o))

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#9 Sep 5, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah! Its more fun here in the Confederacy chillin' in the breeze on my front porch swilling JFG CoffeeŽ watching the republican political meltdown ;o))
Please stay on your side of the Mason-Dixon Line.

btw, not far from me is Picacho Peak, an EXTREMELY WEIRD-LOOKING rock formation and famous for it's unusual morphology. It is also the site of the western-most battle in The War Between The States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Picach...

"Every March, Picacho Peak State Park hosts a re-enactment of the Civil War battles of Arizona and New Mexico, including the battle of Picacho Pass. The re-enactments now have grown so large that many more participants tend to be involved than took part in the actual engagements, and include infantry units and artillery as well as cavalry."
Franz

Germany

#11 Sep 5, 2013
What did another queer play grab-ass with the wrong guy and get a beat down?

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#12 Sep 5, 2013
Assuming that this is not a phoney case - and it doesn't sound like one - it is a shame on American society not just that the beating happened but that the victims medical expenses will have to be paid by charity because medical care in the US is not guaranteed.(Actually, I'm not sure about reconstructive surgery up here, either - would have to look that one up.)

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#13 Sep 5, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
I certainly hope that these criminals are apprehended, tried, convicted, and sentenced to LONG prison sentences.
And while we're on the subject of violent crime, I believe that ALL states should have "THREE-STRIKES laws".
More than 99% of Americans are law-abiding citizens who never commit a felony in their entire life. It's the 1% of the population that are felonious criminals, that screw things up for the rest of us !
I've been a victim of felonious crimes a few times in my life, violent crime, and property crime, and it is NOT fun !
I think if a person is convicted of a third felony, then they should be given life in prison, as I doubt that they have ONLY committed 3 felonies in their life !
Remove these dangerous criminals from society !
Since you are so opposed to socialism and government intervention, why don't you personally donate $100,000 for the victim's medical care?
Norton

Netherlands

#14 Sep 5, 2013
He should get reconstructive surgery on his ass while he's at it. I'm sure it needs it as much as he probably gets it torn up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A sign welcoming travelers to downtown Salyersv... 4 min Christsharians on... 16
News State warns Boy Scouts about discriminating aga... 7 min Christsharians on... 97
News Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP White Ho... 13 min Storm Trooper 79
News Wells sorry for gay marriage gaffe 17 min Storm Trooper 19
Are the mods fair and balanced? 22 min NorCal Native 643
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 25 min Storm Trooper 2,022
News Poll: Majority want businesses to serve gay wed... 27 min Storm Trooper 16
News Chief Justice John Roberts faces another big mo... 32 min EdmondWA 38
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr WasteWater 19,582
More from around the web