Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

Oct 9, 2012 Full story: www.wisconsingazette.com 5,436

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Full Story

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#4754 Dec 3, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Marriage regulations and requirements are determined by the states. They list these requirements in their general laws, some , most, define marriage as between a man and a woman in their constitutions. The regulations and requirements apply to all persons in their jurisdictions making them equal for each of them.
Once again, Wondering, you miss the point.

The states are beholden by the federal constitution to provide all persons within their jurisdiction equal protection of the laws. If they wish to exclude a class of persons, they must illustrate that doing so serves a legitimate state interest.

Have you ever noticed how you consistently fail to be able to indicate ANY such interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry? That's because your argument lacks any rational or factual foundation, it is based on nothing more than your own bigoted opinion.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#4755 Dec 3, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, a deviation from the normal. That's why when homosexuals engage in sexual activities it's called deviate or abnormal.
deviate:
1.Depart from an established course.
2.Depart from usual or accepted standards.
Abnormal:
Deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable.
Again, it's abnormal to have red hair, do you refuse marriage to those with red hair? Do you hate them? Do you tell them they have a disorder?

Come on Wonderbread, we've gone around and around with this for awhile...I'm getting bored.

Besides, the majority of those who engage in anal-sex and oral-sex are straight.

Montreal

#4756 Dec 3, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever noticed that an alarming number of the trolls are not registered users?
Yeah, it's kind of a tell-tale.

Montreal

#4757 Dec 3, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's absolutely fact and proof has been provided on many occasions. We all know how horrible you are at recalling proof you don't like.
Okay, then prove it to us. Give us a link that backs up your claim that "it wasn't worth the effort" and that "the APA was being infiltrated by gay practitioners and gay activists."
Oh, and also prove to us that "they decided that because gays didn't want to change there was no point."

See, because last I checked, people with disorders such as anorexia think they are fine and don't want to change. Is anorexia an officially recognized disorder? Yes.

No matter what you say, it still doesn't change the fact that you are flat out wrong.
Homosexuality is not considered to be a disorder by any professionals, it doesn't meet the criteria, and oh yeah...it's not listed as a mental illness in the DSM.
That fact of the matter is, from all these wonderful facts, homosexuality is not a disorder or a mental illness. So you are just making baseless claims that are simply your uneducated opinion.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4758 Dec 3, 2012
Lacez wrote:
I doubt that Wondering or NoQ could make and keep a registered account. It's just was well, one can see they lack the wherewithal to register, one can see what they write, and one can instantly see the mindless bigotry.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4760 Dec 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
You're right about one thing Fa$$ot.
That you lack the logical skill to craft an intelligent argument for your position, so you resort to infantile insults?
NoQ wrote:
I couldn't keep a registered account, because of the Queer Bigotry. If you're anti Queer and voice you're opinion and it's not liked, then they shut you down. You Queers get off on controlling people. That's what tears them up now because they can't control me. Only thing they can do is delete my post. Every time they try to shut me down, a couple clicks and I'm back on. They can't ban and it tears them up. LMFAO
Nobody gives a crap if you make yourself look like a moron.

An intelligent person could articulate a rational argument for their position supported by fact. You, on the other hand offer childish rhetoric peppered with insults. Do you really think you are winning over anyone's opinion with this drivel?

The reality is that equality will win in the end, in part because it is ensconced in our constitution.

Deal with it.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4762 Dec 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
You're an idiot just like the rest of the Fa$$ots on here. Delusional among other things. The only thing you're winning at, is being Fa$$ot of the day. Now it's just about time for you to get your Shit packed so I'll talk at you later. LMFAO
Wow, you really aren't that bright are you?

Do you have a valid argument in support of your unconstitutional position?

How does it feel to be an unpatriotic moron, who regularly dumps on the constitution?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4764 Dec 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
The constitution? You mean the freedom to choose or to be dictated to by the government? You Fa$$ots are pathetic.
Nope. I mean the Constitutional guarantee of equal protection of the law to ensure that jack***es such as yourself will never be able to project their bigoted views onto others. Clearly the fact that you cannot project your bigotry via the law drives you crazy.

Keep posting, you make yourself look like an intolerant moron.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4766 Dec 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
If the constitution is in place then why are you Fa$$ots fighting so hard to change things???? Never happy unless you freaks have something to bitc,h about.
Because there are laws in place that violate the US Constitution's guarantee of equal protection of the laws. Any child could see as much. One wonders why you cannot.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#4771 Dec 3, 2012
free zimmy wrote:
marriage is between one man and one woman.
Why are you against equal rights?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#4774 Dec 3, 2012
Pregnancy is a biological happenstance. the RIGHT involved is that of self-determination and privacy. Men have the same right oncerning their medical decisions.

See how that works?
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of a "Woman's right to chose"?
so much for your "equality".
Turns out a lot of our rights are based on reproductive abilities...
Woman can carry a baby, and so they get a right men don't get..
see how that works?

Indianapolis

#4775 Dec 3, 2012
You have 5 daughters?
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't understand it. But then, you don't understand much of anything. HOHOHOHOHO!

Indianapolis

#4776 Dec 3, 2012
By that argument, they could bring back slavery.

The FEDERAL constitution supersedes all others, and it demands equal protection for all citizens.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage regulations and requirements are determined by the states. They list these requirements in their general laws, some , most, define marriage as between a man and a woman in their constitutions. The regulations and requirements apply to all persons in their jurisdictions making them equal for each of them.

Indianapolis

#4777 Dec 3, 2012
Wow...you call that a rational argument? Sad.

Gays, like straights, don't HAVE to be married. It's a choice; but as long as citizens have the legal ability to choose marriage, it needs to apply to all citizens whose relationships are legal.

Do you really think any gay people care about your acceptance?
free zimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not. Gay marriage is a bad idea, 75% of black babies are born to unwed mothers, why do gays have to be married?
Brad and Angie have no desire to be married. Neither do many others, the gay marriage thing is just a cover from gays to force others to accept their gay lifestyle. Marriage means nothing to most liberals.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4778 Dec 4, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
By that argument, they could bring back slavery.
The FEDERAL constitution supersedes all others, and it demands equal protection for all citizens.
<quoted text>
That wasn't an argument, it was fact.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4779 Dec 4, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
You have 5 daughters?
<quoted text>
No, I don't. I also, unlike your parents, didn't create any children with a birth defect.
My sympathy goes out to them.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4780 Dec 4, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Why? You and Justice Dumbass are as anonymous as anyone else.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4781 Dec 4, 2012
Lacez wrote:
Besides, the majority of those who engage in anal-sex and oral-sex are straight.
How do you know that? I want proof. You know, even if that were true, it would be a choice. With gays, if you want sex you have no choice.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#4783 Dec 4, 2012
How far will he go to protect Religious Freedom?

New York, Orthodox Jews Clash Over Circumcision

December 3, 2012

by: Joel Rose, NPR

Michael Nagle for The New York Times/Redux

Rabbi A. Romi Cohn, a noted mohel, prepares an infant for circumcision at Congregation Shaare Zion in Brooklyn on Sept. 4. Cohn opposes a New York City rule requiring parental consent for a type of circumcision ritual practiced by some Orthodox Jews.

An ancient circumcision ritual is at the center of a present-day legal battle in New York.

The New York City Department of Health wants to require parental consent for a controversial circumcision practice, which it says can spread the herpes virus. But several Jewish organizations are suing to block the new rule, which they say violates their freedom of religion.

Jewish law requires that all baby boys be circumcised on the eighth day of life. Orthodox Jews sometimes follow with a ritual known as metzitzah b'peh. Immediately after the boy is circumcised, the man who performs the ritual known as a mohel takes a mouthful of wine. Then he places his mouth around the base of the boy's penis and uses suction to clean the wound.

The mayor is the mayor of the city of New York. But we have a mayor; he's the mayor of the universe. We gonna follow his instructions.

Metzitzah b'peh is supposed to prevent infection. And when it's done correctly, proponents say, that's exactly what it does.

"I did, I think, over 35,000 circumcisions," says A. Romi Cohn, a mohel from the Borough Park section of Brooklyn. "Never had one incident where a baby got an infection. Never, never, never."

Cohn is also the chairman of the American Board of Ritual Circumcision. He says mohels who are properly trained and certified are not a threat to the health of the baby. "Our regulation is very strict about protecting human lives," says Cohn. "If there's any slight possibility I'm not saying 50 percent, even 1 percent that that baby gonna get hurt, we not allowed to perform that circumcision."

Requiring Consent For A 'Risky' Procedure

Most circumcisions in New York probably do not involve metzitzah b'peh. Still, the city's Health Department says it has linked the practice to nearly a dozen recent cases of the herpes virus in young boys.

http://app1.kuhf.org/print-articles/npr135457...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4784 Dec 4, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Once again, Wondering, you miss the point.
2. The states are beholden by the federal constitution to provide all persons within their jurisdiction equal protection of the laws.
3. If they wish to exclude a class of persons, they must illustrate that doing so serves a legitimate state interest.
1. That would be the point you've failed to make. No point missed.
2. One set of laws for all persons, equal.
3. There are two classes, male and female. The laws apply equally to both.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Brian_G 16,216
Alabama Supreme Court halts same-sex marriage 3 min Yakitori 47
Latest gay marriage ruling creates confusion in... 5 min Wondering 72
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 7 min Brian_G 1,202
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 13 min Trevers94 68,618
Religious objection to gay marriage leads to bi... 24 min Wondering 97
Science to Carson: You're wrong 1 hr david traversa 8
Wall Street pushes SCOTUS on gay marriage 4 hr david 66
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 5 hr Confusious 3,249
More from around the web