Paul Ryan promises hate group that he...

Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

There are 5444 comments on the www.wisconsingazette.com story from Oct 9, 2012, titled Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality. In it, www.wisconsingazette.com reports that:

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wisconsingazette.com.

Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4025 Nov 20, 2012
AscendedFalmer wrote:
<quoted text>
I can make up my own religion in two seconds and "marry" a speck of dust in my home.
I hope your speck of dust understands basic arithmetic. If so, you'd make a fine couple.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4026 Nov 20, 2012
AscendedFalmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us one example of someone being charged with a crime in relation to marrying someone of the same sex, anywhere in the USA, ever.
If no same sex couple can legally marry in a state that bans it, no crime was committed. Why would someone that committed no crime be charged with anything? Not the brightest, are you?
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#4027 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, no one would ever call you educated.
That's REALLY funny coming from you.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#4028 Nov 20, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>How can there be equal protection regarding state laws if their laws are all different?
Wow...
spud wrote:
Can the federal government force the states to change their laws so that they're all the same?
That's not what equal protection means...
spud wrote:
The lagal drinking age would be one simple example. If you wanna argue for gay marriage, I would think that it's more of a civil rights issue. As for having nothing to do with religion, you're right until it comes to teaching it in school.
Rose's Law...

Panorama City, CA

#4029 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us one example of a gay couple legally marrying in a state that bans it.
You can't because it's illegal. Your disorder goes far beyond who you are sexually attracted to.
Could a gay couple who married in DC be charged with the crime of being married if they moved to VA and lived as spouses?

If the answer is "Yes" then gay marriage is illegal in VA. If the answer is "No" then gay marriage is not illegal in VA.
And I'm done with this "issue".

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#4030 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
If no same sex couple can legally marry in a state that bans it, no crime was committed. Why would someone that committed no crime be charged with anything? Not the brightest, are you?
If someone marries the same sex in another states and returns to their home state, charges aren't pressed.
If same sex marriage were illegal, then a same sex married couple would have charges pressed upon them when they step foot in the state it's "illegal" in.

You have provided nothing to support your argument and have denied the facts that when something is illegal, charges are pressed against those who do that illegal something. If no charges can be pressed, then it isn't illegal.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4031 Nov 20, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Could a gay couple who married in DC be charged with the crime of being married if they moved to VA and lived as spouses?
If the answer is "Yes" then gay marriage is illegal in VA. If the answer is "No" then gay marriage is not illegal in VA.
And I'm done with this "issue".
I'm glad you're done, stay stupid.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4032 Nov 20, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone marries the same sex in another states and returns to their home state, charges aren't pressed.
Why would they be? Why did they go to another state to marry?
Would it be because it's illegal to do so in their home state?
spud

United States

#4033 Nov 20, 2012
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get out more. Pretty much every religion on the planet has some faction that accepts homosexuality as the reality it is. Many religions are wholly and totally accepting.
The rest of your comment makes is clear that you really DO have a problem with homosexuality, but you don't want to just be out there and admit it. You might want to do some self-reflection and figure out why it is that you're not comfortable being out about your prejudice. Maybe because you know you're wrong about it?
I meant exactly what I said. If me not approving a homosexual lifestyle means I "have a problem", that's your opinion, and it's not one I'll lose sleep over. You seem to be one of the approval seekers I mentioned before. I'm not a good one to try to push your opinion on.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4034 Nov 20, 2012
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get out more. Pretty much every religion on the planet has some faction that accepts homosexuality as the reality it is. Many religions are wholly and totally accepting.
The rest of your comment makes is clear that you really DO have a problem with homosexuality, but you don't want to just be out there and admit it. You might want to do some self-reflection and figure out why it is that you're not comfortable being out about your prejudice. Maybe because you know you're wrong about it?
The only way anyone could be "wrong about it" is to believe it's normal for two men, or two women, to be sexually attracted to each other. The only thing you have going for you in that department is indifference, not acceptance. Most people don't care what you do, that doesn't mean they accept homosexuality as normal.

Panorama City, CA

#4035 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way anyone could be "wrong about it" is to believe it's normal for two men, or two women, to be sexually attracted to each other.
It is.
Wondering wrote:
The only thing you have going for you in that department is indifference, not acceptance. Most people don't care what you do, that doesn't mean they accept homosexuality as normal.
I accept it as normal.
What is wrong with you? Why don't you consider that variation of human sexuality normal?
Can you give an actual reason?
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#4036 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way anyone could be "wrong about it" is to believe it's normal for two men, or two women, to be sexually attracted to each other. The only thing you have going for you in that department is indifference, not acceptance. Most people don't care what you do, that doesn't mean they accept homosexuality as normal.
Look, you flaming retard..... for the MILLIONTH time, it is NORMAL for gay people to be attracted to the same sex. It is normal for straight people to be attracted to the opposite sex. Not everybody is straight. Geez.... you are completely incorrigible! This isn't rocket science. Some people are gay. What's it to you? If it bothers you SO MUCH that you have to write about it night and day for four years, you have bigger fish to fry, sweetheart. You think you know better than the medical experts?

Normal normal normal. You have issues, the biggest one being a lack of education.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4037 Nov 20, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>How can there be equal protection regarding state laws if their laws are all different? Can the federal government force the states to change their laws so that they're all the same? The lagal drinking age would be one simple example. If you wanna argue for gay marriage, I would think that it's more of a civil rights issue. As for having nothing to do with religion, you're right until it comes to teaching it in school. Every religion I'm aware of is against homosexuality, therefore it shouldn't be hard to understand why many parents don't want it taught to their children in elementary schools, Personally, I don't agree with homosexuality but it's none of my business what you people do. If a state wants to allow homosexual marriages, that's OK. I just don't wanna see it or be preached to about how normal it is. I truly believe there would be alot more acceptance of homosexuals if they weren't so insistant on displaying it and wanting everyones approval about it.
And I don't want to see christianity or have it preached to me all the goddamn time. But apparently they think it's their duty to get that message to people. I think more people would turn to religion if they weren't so insistant on shoving it down peoples throats and labeling them sinners. But that's what freedom is about I guess.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#4038 Nov 20, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Bur, but I'll be with all gays! lol (That is a joke.) Sounds fun, but right now I am busy working trying to get ahead. This economy is a killer.
Pal, what part of next SEPTEMBER did not sink in to you? If you order early enough you can get tickets, up in the nose bleed seats, but who cares? They have a HUGE screen and side screens so you can see everything. The cheaper seats are no more than $15. If you save $1.50 a month, you'll have enough to get a ticket!

If you park on lower Cauhuenga Blvd. you can park for free. Or, a lot of cities offer busses from local areas for like $10 a person. Or, take the Hollywood subway and walk up the hill. Take a picnic and a bottle of Trader Joe's wine, the whole fun night for under $30 per person. NO one can have that much fun for so little.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#4039 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't they charged for being married and in a state where it isn't recognized? Because it's not illegal. Otherwise they'd be charged.

Doing something against the law invokes charges, if you can't see that, then you're a lot more stupid than we all originally thought.

Now I'm done with this argument, because you obviously can't bring any evidence to support your claims. No one has ever been charged for having a same sex marriage in the US, that is your lack of evidence and my existence of evidence.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4040 Nov 21, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, you flaming retard..... for the MILLIONTH time, it is NORMAL for gay people to be attracted to the same sex.
I agree, that's the disorder.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4041 Nov 21, 2012
QueerQuill wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't want to see christianity or have it preached to me all the goddamn time.
Stay away from churches then.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4042 Nov 21, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't they charged for being married and in a state where it isn't recognized? Because it's not illegal. Otherwise they'd be charged.
Doing something against the law invokes charges, if you can't see that, then you're a lot more stupid than we all originally thought.
Now I'm done with this argument, because you obviously can't bring any evidence to support your claims. No one has ever been charged for having a same sex marriage in the US, that is your lack of evidence and my existence of evidence.
Dumb Canadian, don't dodge the questions, here they are again:
spud

United States

#4043 Nov 21, 2012
QueerQuill wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't want to see christianity or have it preached to me all the goddamn time. But apparently they think it's their duty to get that message to people. I think more people would turn to religion if they weren't so insistant on shoving it down peoples throats and labeling them sinners. But that's what freedom is about I guess.
You make my point. I agree that when people preach their opinions to you, they're just as likely to turn you against them as they are of converting you. I don't really think Christians should judge others either. And finally, they don't preach Christianity in schools.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#4044 Nov 21, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>I meant exactly what I said. If me not approving a homosexual lifestyle means I "have a problem", that's your opinion, and it's not one I'll lose sleep over. You seem to be one of the approval seekers I mentioned before. I'm not a good one to try to push your opinion on.
Uh.... I don't seek approval from many people. And I would never seek approval from someone that bases his opinion on incorrect information (that would be you, in case you're wondering).

And, yeah. You DO have a problem because you're basing your negative opinion on information that's neither true nor relevant to the topic at hand. That's why I said you need to get out more.

If I said I thought you were a bad person because you failed a spelling test in the second grade, would you not suspect that I was trying to find excuses to mask the real reason I didn't like you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 4 min Tre H 530
News The Latest: Duckworth says transgender ban disc... 8 min Retribution 43
News Trump bans transgender people from military 8 min pgh 63
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 13 min Big Nick 52,240
News Trump's transgender troops ban divides veterans... 14 min Trump is a joke 24
News Study: 12,000 acts of condomless gay sex, 0 HIV... 16 min Big Nick 52
News Connecticut LGBT Advocate Says Military's Trans... 17 min Gremlin 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 44 min Rose_NoHo 7,055
More from around the web