Paul Ryan promises hate group that he...

Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

There are 5436 comments on the www.wisconsingazette.com story from Oct 9, 2012, titled Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality. In it, www.wisconsingazette.com reports that:

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wisconsingazette.com.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#4005 Nov 19, 2012
I can't be proclaimed "king of indiana" even if the legislation and governor approves it. It's not illegal, it just isn't recognized by the state constitution.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
and they can't be legally married in those states either. It's illegal.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4006 Nov 20, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that if a gay couple married in Virginia, the law enforcement of that area will arrest the gay couple and/or fine them?
You really shouldn't try to read between the lines. We know you're stupid, stop trying to prove it.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4007 Nov 20, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it.
It's not illegal to marry. Just don't expect the Government to recognize it.
The "bans" are the Government restricting itself, not the Citizenry.
Must be that gay dictionary of yours. Simple questions:
Can a gay couple get legally married in a state that bans it?
Why not?
spud

United States

#4008 Nov 20, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
The equal protection clause applies to ALL laws, not just federal ones. Remember Loving v virginia? By your logic, SCOTUS couldn't have taken the case.
Since civil marriage has nothing to do with religion, no-one's religious rights are being denied.
<quoted text>
How can there be equal protection regarding state laws if their laws are all different? Can the federal government force the states to change their laws so that they're all the same? The lagal drinking age would be one simple example. If you wanna argue for gay marriage, I would think that it's more of a civil rights issue. As for having nothing to do with religion, you're right until it comes to teaching it in school. Every religion I'm aware of is against homosexuality, therefore it shouldn't be hard to understand why many parents don't want it taught to their children in elementary schools, Personally, I don't agree with homosexuality but it's none of my business what you people do. If a state wants to allow homosexual marriages, that's OK. I just don't wanna see it or be preached to about how normal it is. I truly believe there would be alot more acceptance of homosexuals if they weren't so insistant on displaying it and wanting everyones approval about it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4009 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
You use two adjectives. The second one isn't part of the question.

SO, what's the issue?

Religiously married, or legally married?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4010 Nov 20, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Religiously married, or legally married?
Stop playing stupid. Same questions:
Why not?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4011 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop playing stupid. Same questions:
Why not?
They CAN'T be the same question. No Law may derive from religion. No religion may derive from law.

No religious sacrament or ritual, of itself, carries any legal force.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4012 Nov 20, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
They CAN'T be the same question. No Law may derive from religion. No religion may derive from law.
No religious sacrament or ritual, of itself, carries any legal force.
Ok, play stupid.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#4013 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You really shouldn't try to read between the lines. We know you're stupid, stop trying to prove it.
Ahhh, the insults just mean that I am right and you know it.
If it were illegal, the local, state, or federal law enforcement would charge those who participated in the marriage.

Since there are no charges applicable, it is not illegal to marry one of the same sex.

Montreal

#4014 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
They can and the second question doesn't apply, because they can.
It just isn't recognized by the government.
soapmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#4015 Nov 20, 2012
youtube.com/watch... ……Old Farts or Young Stinkers what hate groups sre there
there are groups who like like? there is a Freedom of Choice in this Country
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4016 Nov 20, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, the insults just mean that I am right and you know it.
If it were illegal, the local, state, or federal law enforcement would charge those who participated in the marriage.
Since there are no charges applicable, it is not illegal to marry one of the same sex.
They aren't insults, they're facts.
There is no one to charge because gay couples can't get legally married in a state that bans it. A legally married couple would be recognized by that state.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#4017 Nov 20, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>....Every religion I'm aware of is against homosexuality, therefore it shouldn't be hard to understand why many parents don't want it taught to their children in elementary schools...
You need to get out more. Pretty much every religion on the planet has some faction that accepts homosexuality as the reality it is. Many religions are wholly and totally accepting.

The rest of your comment makes is clear that you really DO have a problem with homosexuality, but you don't want to just be out there and admit it. You might want to do some self-reflection and figure out why it is that you're not comfortable being out about your prejudice. Maybe because you know you're wrong about it?

Montreal

#4018 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't insults, they're facts.
There is no one to charge because gay couples can't get legally married in a state that bans it. A legally married couple would be recognized by that state.
If it were illegal, you would be able to break that law. So what are the charges given onto a same sex couple that marries? Give us one case of a gay couple marrying, then getting charged.

Also, if it were illegal, then charges would be given to those who marry outside the state and live in the state where it is "illegal."
Give us one example in which charges were pressed against a same sex couple that married in another state, then moved to a state where it was "illegal."
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4019 Nov 20, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were illegal, you would be able to break that law. So what are the charges given onto a same sex couple that marries? Give us one case of a gay couple marrying, then getting charged.
Give us one example of a gay couple legally marrying in a state that bans it.
You can't because it's illegal. Your disorder goes far beyond who you are sexually attracted to.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4020 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Give us one example of a gay couple legally marrying in a state that bans it.
You can't because it's illegal. Your disorder goes far beyond who you are sexually attracted to.
I can make up my own religion in two seconds and "marry" a speck of dust in my home. It's still a marriage, just not according to the government. Are the cops going to break down my door and charge me with performing or taking part in an unauthorized marriage? The law doesn't exist. I.e. not illegal. I can build a shack on my property but the government doesn't recognize it as a home unless I apply for a permit or subdivide my property. They will never come and burn down the shack.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4021 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Give us one example of a gay couple legally marrying in a state that bans it.
Give us one example of someone being charged with a crime in relation to marrying someone of the same sex, anywhere in the USA, ever.
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#4022 Nov 20, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, play stupid.
But liberals are so good at playing stupid as you can see by their posts.`
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#4023 Nov 20, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
But liberals are so good at playing stupid as you can see by their posts.`
Then why do you denigrate education? Don't you condumbs call us educated snobs? Don't you spit in the face of science? Who's stupid?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4024 Nov 20, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you condumbs call us educated snobs?
Don't worry, no one would ever call you educated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Brazilian Couple Strips Naked in Sao Paulo ... 5 min Yakitori 13
identity crisis 7 min sweepeanewhaven 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 13 min Respect71 23,960
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 23 min Termiraider 6,494
femboys n young crossdressers 43 min Funngiggles 1
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 44 min Respect71 617
News Study: Findings in same-sex vs biological paren... 1 hr qwerty26 11
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 2 hr Wondering 1,598
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 7 hr NorCal Native 8,054
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 8 hr WasteWater 1,136
More from around the web