Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

Oct 9, 2012 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.wisconsingazette.com

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Comments (Page 183)

Showing posts 3,641 - 3,660 of5,438
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>

It's not "illegal" for anyone to marry.
Bigamy is a crime...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It's against the law for County Recorders to issue licenses for them, and for the State to recognize them.
It's not "illegal" for anyone to marry.
against the law = illegal
You can't get legally married in a state that bans it.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Which isn't the topic at hand. Smarten up.
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigamy is a crime...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

The illegality involves the state officials who register the marriage because their actions circumvent their public duty. The couple involved can't be charged at all.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, the statement I responded to was that MARRIAGE is never illegal..I pointed out where MARRIAGE WAS illegal....
so....

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Like we care what you think and what lies you tell. Too bad if gays are not allowed to walk the streets, used public bathrooms, go into restaurants, used public pools, go to integrated schools and are forced to ride at the back of the bus. Oh wait, that was the blacks.
WHAT DO GAYS WANT? To get married. Wait, gays have always been able to get married, even when blacks were slaves. WHAT DO GAYS WANT THEN? To get married to the same sex. Oh no, no one has that right, so that is simply changing the laws to impact all and not a basic or civil rights issue.
But a man can marry a woman, while a woman can't.
And a woman can marry a man, while a man can't.
If you believe our rights should depend on our genitalia, should people with both sets have the right to vote twice?
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
You know, like polygamy, it was not discrimination against a sect of Mormons, it impacted all equally.
Not an equal rights issue, as nobody can marry more than one person. Should everybody be allowed to marry more than one person? Well, that's an interesting question. So, why not start a forum about polygamy and talk about it?
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
SO, WHAT DO GAYS WANT? They want to demonstrate their hate and bigotry towards mom and dad, religion, God, breeders and children.
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
Stupid, gay marriage doesn't harm anybody.
And while there is no god, there are religions that have no problem with homosexuality.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
NOW, THAT EXPLAINS WHY GAYS ARE SUICIDAL. WHAT? Self hatred and hatred towards normal people.
No, they have to live with people like you. If you homophobes would just mind your own fkin business, the suicide problem would go away.
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
GOSH, HOW COME A GAY NEVER EXPLAINED IT LIKE I JUST DID? CaUSE gays are liARS.

WHAT DO HOMOPHOBES WANT? WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BE HAPPY THEY HAVE LESS COMPETITION FOR MEMBERS OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
They certainly have immense hatred as all the post show either name calling, full on attacks, denigration and just plain meanness. Only "quest" has been the only posters that cares to debate the topic and even his posts have tinges of nastiness.
You have earned the hate. If I went into a Christian forum and said I thought all Christians should be arrested and their stupid religion outlawed, I would expect angry replies. I wouldn't act all, "Why aren't you guys up for a calm, rational debate on making it illegal to preach Christianity??" It would be disingenuous of me to say we just "disagreed" if I were to say I felt they should not have the same rights non-christians do, and they felt they should.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
RoHo never said I didn't care about kids, you bonehead. My spouse and I have kids and they're very successful adults. What would you know about children other than you act like a 10 year old. BTW, having kids with your spouse is an impossibility because you weren't meant to be with a same sex partner, the plumbing doesn't work.
LOL. Now, go tell every infertile opposite sex couple they weren't meant to be together because they can't have kids. Just make sure your medical insurance is up to date before you start.

BTW, my law is just that people who, like you, don't have any real arguments often talk about some imagined danger to children.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fk fundies. I'd go out of my way to offend them!"
Yes, you certainly do.
I thought of you when I read this case.
"Judge sentences teen to 10 years of church"
Mike Norman is an Oklahoma district court judge known for sentencing offenders to attend church as part of probation agreements. Still, the sentence he handed down this week was notable both for its length and the age of the offender. On Tuesday, Norman sentenced 17-year-old Tyler Alred to a 10-year deferred sentence after he plead guilty to manslaughter. Among the stipulations of the sentence that Alred attend church for 10 years. Norman said hed never given the church sentence to an offender as young as Alred, who had been drinking before crashing his pickup truck and killing his passenger
http://now.msn.com/tyler-alred-sentenced-to-1...
Wouldn't that violate both the 1st and 8th Amendments?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

spud wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't consider banning gay marriage against the equal protection clause because there is no federal law pertaining to it. States have the right to regulate marriage as they should have. Gay marriage would be as much against the first ammendment by forcing an anti religious position into law, as it would be against the equal protection clause.
Do you disagree with Loving v VA?
Bigots have often used the term "States' rights" to make their bigotry seem noble. I heard the term used so often to "justify" Jim Crow Laws when I was growing up, it still makes me cringe a bit when I hear it. Why pretend you give a fk about "States' rights" and just admit you have no rational argument against gay marriage, you just hate gay people?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Wouldn't that violate both the 1st and 8th Amendments?
He can't sentence someone to church, even if it is the one of their choice. The ONLY thing keeping that part of the order in force against him is he hasn't had an appeal filed yet. The Judge of course doesn't care, he made his point, the Constitution be screwed.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Would a gay couple who gets married in DC today be arrested for *being married* if police broke into their home in VA and found them in bed together?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The illegality involves the state officials who register the marriage because their actions circumvent their public duty. The couple involved can't be charged at all.
<quoted text>
and they can't be legally married in those states either. It's illegal.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Would a gay couple who gets married in DC today be arrested for *being married* if police broke into their home in VA and found them in bed together?
Why the stupid question? The question is can a gay couple get legally married in VA? If not, why not? Because it's illegal.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic is Paul Ryan. You may not have noticed but it strayed.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the stupid question? The question is can a gay couple get legally married in VA? If not, why not? Because it's illegal.
If marriage was illegal for same sex couples, then if they were married in another state, and lived in a state that didn't recognize their marriage, they would be in trouble. If it was illegal, then some sort of law enforcement would get involved....but they don't.

Your belief that it is illegal is not fact, it is your belief.
The fact is, it's not illegal.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belief that it is illegal is not fact, it is your belief.
The fact is, it's not illegal.
Can a gay couple legally marry in Virginia?
No, they can't. It's illegal.

Your belief that they can is further proof that you're a dumb Canadian.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Lovings were ARRESTED in bed in VA because, despite the fact they had married LEGALLY in DC, their marriage was ILLEGAL in VA, as in against the laws, as in your backside ends up in jail. VA didn't just fail to recognize their marriage, they arrested them.

Is gay marriage illegal in VA?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Can a gay couple legally marry in Virginia?
No, they can't. It's illegal.
Your belief that they can is further proof that you're a dumb Canadian.
So you're saying that if a gay couple married in Virginia, the law enforcement of that area will arrest the gay couple and/or fine them?

Poor Wondering, we all know you're stupid, you don't have to prove it further.
See, a gay couple can still marry without acting against the law, the state just won't recognize it. A gay couple can get married out of state, then go back to their home state and not be faced with any charges, that means it's not illegal. A couple can marry in their state, just not have it recognized by the government, without facing any charges.

See, when something is illegal, charges are applied.
Enlighten us, Wonderbread, what charges are applied when someone marries the same sex in Virginia?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it.

It's not illegal to marry. Just don't expect the Government to recognize it.

The "bans" are the Government restricting itself, not the Citizenry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,641 - 3,660 of5,438
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••