Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

Oct 9, 2012 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.wisconsingazette.com

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Comments
3,621 - 3,640 of 5,438 Comments Last updated Jan 11, 2013
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

cpeter1313 wrote:
Well. no, it's not. You cannot be arrested or sued if you enter into an SSM in a non-SSM state. If you maary in a state that allows it, it means they DO recognize SSM's.
<quoted text>
Well, yes it is. You can't get a marriage license or certificate in states that ban it. Statutes and state constitutions are laws. It's no different than laws banning people from marrying their brother, sister, father or mother. Illegal is illegal.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Looks like Justice Dumbass is hitting the bottle again.
spud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that was pathetic.
Wondering, does the federal constitution mandate that states provide ALL PERSONS within their jurisdiction equal protection of the laws, yes or no?(PS, the answer is yes, it does.)
Is marriage a protection of the law, yes or no?(PS, the answer is yes, it is.)
Can you indicate a single compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional?(PS, thus far, the answer has consistently been that no, you cannot.)
Feel free to grow up and offer a big boy argument for your position.
I wouldn't consider banning gay marriage against the equal protection clause because there is no federal law pertaining to it. States have the right to regulate marriage as they should have. Gay marriage would be as much against the first ammendment by forcing an anti religious position into law, as it would be against the equal protection clause.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

spud wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't consider banning gay marriage against the equal protection clause because there is no federal law pertaining to it. States have the right to regulate marriage as they should have. Gay marriage would be as much against the first ammendment by forcing an anti religious position into law, as it would be against the equal protection clause.
Haven't heard of DOMA, have you?

And how in the world would legalizing same sex marriage "force an anti religious position into law"? How are marriage and family "anti-religious"?

Is marriage only "anti-religious" when gay people engage in it?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

You can't get a license--meaning it is unrecognized. You bear no legal penalty for having an SSM, however, if you get one performed.

Incest laws apply rtegardless of marital status. There are legal penalties.

Feel free to show anyone who got an SSM and was found guilty of a crime in a court of law.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yes it is. You can't get a marriage license or certificate in states that ban it. Statutes and state constitutions are laws. It's no different than laws banning people from marrying their brother, sister, father or mother. Illegal is illegal.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

The equal protection clause applies to ALL laws, not just federal ones. Remember Loving v virginia? By your logic, SCOTUS couldn't have taken the case.

Since civil marriage has nothing to do with religion, no-one's religious rights are being denied.
spud wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't consider banning gay marriage against the equal protection clause because there is no federal law pertaining to it. States have the right to regulate marriage as they should have. Gay marriage would be as much against the first ammendment by forcing an anti religious position into law, as it would be against the equal protection clause.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Apparently, he would be willing to stomp all over the religious rights of those churches that perform gay marriages.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't heard of DOMA, have you?
And how in the world would legalizing same sex marriage "force an anti religious position into law"? How are marriage and family "anti-religious"?
Is marriage only "anti-religious" when gay people engage in it?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
You can't get a license--meaning it is unrecognized. You bear no legal penalty for having an SSM, however, if you get one performed.
Incest laws apply rtegardless of marital status. There are legal penalties.
Feel free to show anyone who got an SSM and was found guilty of a crime in a court of law.
<quoted text>
Feel free to show me any gay couple that got legally married in a state that bans it.
You can't, it's against the law. Simple and basic concepts are enormous obstacles for you.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to show me any gay couple that got legally married in a state that bans it.
You can't, it's against the law. Simple and basic concepts are enormous obstacles for you.
It's not against the law to get married, it's just not recognized by the state.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not against the law to get married, it's just not recognized by the state.
It is against the law in states that ban it, dumb Canadian. But you go ahead and believe whatever it is you believe.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

If you don't understand the difference between illegal and unrecognized, you shouldn't be arguing the case.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It is against the law in states that ban it, dumb Canadian. But you go ahead and believe whatever it is you believe.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

cpeter1313 wrote:
If you don't understand the difference between illegal and unrecognized, you shouldn't be arguing the case.
<quoted text>
A simple yes or no question for you:
Can a gay couple legally marry in a state that bans gay marriage?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Yes, they can. There are no repercussions for doing so. However, the state will not recognize it as valid.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the state just won't recognize it.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you hate Canadians doesn't mean you're right.
You can marry in the United States, no matter what your sex. The state you marry in either recognizes it or not, but you can still marry.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the state just won't recognize it.
Then they aren't legally married. That was easy.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you hate Canadians
I hate Canadian beer but I don't hate Canadians. I don't even hate you, you're just a stupid Canadian that makes me laugh out loud.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate Canadian beer but I don't hate Canadians. I don't even hate you, you're just a stupid Canadian that makes me laugh out loud.
It's hilarious when you pretend to laugh at me because I can prove all your stupid arguments invalid. Hell, a 10 year old could prove your arguments are full of BS.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Then they aren't legally married. That was easy.
Gay marriage isn't illegal, for they can still marry. That was easy.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's against the law for County Recorders to issue licenses for them, and for the State to recognize them.

It's not "illegal" for anyone to marry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••