Paul Ryan promises hate group that he...

Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

There are 5444 comments on the www.wisconsingazette.com story from Oct 9, 2012, titled Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality. In it, www.wisconsingazette.com reports that:

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wisconsingazette.com.

Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#3666 Nov 14, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It does matter, you see, everyone has a mother and father. Without that, no one would be here to succeed. Even you have a mother and father.
even though I bet they are hiding!
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#3667 Nov 14, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to put forth the claim that it's better for a child to be raised by unloving parents who don't want children than to be raised by adoptive living parents who do want children.
I didnt...
its simplistic because that how you take it...
If I told you I love Led Zeppelin, you would take that to mean The Who sucks...
that's your problem...
the sun shines and people forget, forget they're hiding...
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#3668 Nov 14, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
With gay marriage more permissible these days, gay divorce is on the rise.
I've read where homosexuals are among the most promiscuous. Some of your divorces are funny, some are notable. You can no longer use divorce stats against anyone.
I've read where people who aren't getting any are envious of the folks who are.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#3669 Nov 14, 2012
I LOVE IT! Divorce is a stabilizing effect of marriage!!!!

Say good night, Gracie.
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#3670 Nov 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
I LOVE IT! Divorce is a stabilizing effect of marriage!!!!
Say good night, Gracie.
When they separate based on the BEST INTERESTS OF THE CHILD, I would say that's better than one of the parents juts splitting, wouldn't you?
a more STABLE way to divide a family if necessary?

Oh right, reality aside just so you can trash me...
just another day.
responder

Columbus, OH

#3671 Nov 14, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>The first part of your post makes you sound alot like a stalker, predator. The part where the teacher beats the bully's ass is ridiculous.
Um, teachers enforcing rules are "stalkers" and "ridiculous?" No wonder the schools are so screwed-up, people like you haven't got a clue.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3672 Nov 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read where people who aren't getting any are envious of the folks who are.
So, go and get some. Envy isn't healthy.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3673 Nov 14, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, teachers enforcing rules are "stalkers" and "ridiculous?"
"beats the bully's ass"
Where is that a rule?
responder

Columbus, OH

#3674 Nov 14, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
"beats the bully's ass"
Where is that a rule?
Sorry, a flashback to the way schools USED to run. When I was in school, they spanked bad kids who bullied other kids, cut their hair, called them 'queers,' etc.

Now they make them Presidential candidates...:)

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3675 Nov 14, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why the Gays can not use the term civil unions like they do in England and not stomp on the symbolism of marriage for a man and a woman for the rest of society. IF legally they are the same, then civil union should do just fine for the homosexuals.
The fact you feel allowing gay marriage would " stomp on the symbolism of marriage for a man and a woman" shows you are just a homophobe. People shouldn't have to do without to step around your bigotry.
Marriage is a right in the US (don't know about England, or if you are even telling the truth about it), and all US citizens should have equal rights WRT marriage.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#3676 Nov 14, 2012
If you are here, then a sperm fertilized an egg. In no way does it guarantee that you will succeed. There's no guarantee you'll ever know your progenitors. Success depends on much more than just having a penis and a vagina hanging around the house.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It does matter, you see, everyone has a mother and father. Without that, no one would be here to succeed. Even you have a mother and father.

Indianapolis

#3677 Nov 14, 2012
I'm sure you can back that up...
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
With gay marriage more permissible these days, gay divorce is on the rise.
I've read where homosexuals are among the most promiscuous. Some of your divorces are funny, some are notable. You can no longer use divorce stats against anyone.

Santa Monica, CA

#3678 Nov 14, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It said nothing of the sort.
"The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion,"
"The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion"
This means the US can't have a national religion. It in no way excludes religious principles from the laws. It would be naive to believe otherwise.
"impeding the free exercise of religion"
This means that the government can't favor any one religion over another.
I hope you've learned something here but I really doubt it.
But making it illegal to ignore other people's religious principles IS favoring one religion over another.

Indianapolis

#3679 Nov 14, 2012
In this country, you ain't married without the civil document. On the other hand, no religious ceremony is required. We'd appreciate it if your cults would stop trying to hijack a perfectly fine legal term.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not find it in the gay dictionary but for tens of millions it is a religious term.

Santa Monica, CA

#3680 Nov 14, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so bitter? Gays don't value the importance of a child having a mother and a father.
Character is what matters, not genitalia.
Wondering wrote:
Gay couples can't produce children so they must not value creating a family.
Do all sterile straight people not value creating a family?
Wondering wrote:
Why would they value marriage? I know, 1400 questionable benefits.
Nothing wrong with that.
Why do you think straight couples get married?

Santa Monica, CA

#3681 Nov 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
32 states...psst that's a majority, ban you by AMENDMENT...
but you have no duty to give anything up....its just part of a COMPROMISE...
so the name is more important to you than the actual rights, huh?
There is no duty to compromise when it comes to equal rights.
And the name is part of the actual rights.
You know what, otherwise you wouldn't care about the name.

Indianapolis

#3682 Nov 14, 2012
You aren't in a position to offer anything, so why do you keep harping on this crap? Your "hypothetical" is insulting to gay people and american citizens in general. Why leave a LEGAL term to the religious? There are already religious terms they can use, such as matrimony. Maybe we need to ban religious groups from using "marriage"...hypothe tically, of course.
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
"crumbs from your table"?
geez, how angry and spiteful can you be, i guess we will see...
if you look at it, the HYPOTHETICAL (not even REAL so where's all the anger???) offer was for you to have the same institution and thusly all the same exact rights, and we all lose the term marriage in the legal sense....
the crumbs from YOUR table would be a simple WORD....
and look how you took that suggestion...
and if you THOUGHT about it, fully separating the religious institution from the legal would REINFORCE the point you claim you are making...separating church and state....
but look how you took it...
you need to look at yourself bro...

Santa Monica, CA

#3683 Nov 14, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your comments are:
1. All straights have no choice, just like you. If they are born to a single mother then it is what it is.
2. That doesn't change the fact that gay couples CAN'T create children.
3. Gay couples CAN'T produce children.
So what? You don't have to be able to produce children in order to marry.
Next.
Wondering wrote:
4. Since marriage isn't required for commitment or love, it's for the benefits or it's for religion.
Or any of a thousand other reasons.
What's your point? Do you have one?

Wondering wrote:
5. Since marriage isn't required for commitment or love, it's for the benefits or it's for religion.
Or any of a thousand other reasons.
What's your point? Do you have one?
I had a friend who married a guy so he would have an easier time becoming a US citizen.
The only time I got really close to getting married it was to an English member of a band, so he could have an easier time getting back into the US when they were on tour.

Santa Monica, CA

#3684 Nov 14, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrational is one man going down on another man, but I support your right to do it.
Let me know when a man turns down a BJ from a woman saying, "This isn't rational."

Santa Monica, CA

#3685 Nov 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
and they always have been...they WERE called BASTARDS?
why do you think that is?
Why do you think using the caps lock key makes up for the fact you don't have a point?
Jane Dough wrote:
the number one indicator of success is being raised by both your biological mother and father...
marriage keeps fathers present.
Rose's Law...
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

Allowing gay marriage wouldn't make fathers leave, so what exactly is your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min Jonah1 15,096
News Alabama's chief justice defends his gay marriag... 27 min Seperate Church N... 10
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 58 min Frankie Rizzo 265
Little Robbie's Nursery Rhymes 1 hr HAHAHAHA 2
Watching Over You by Greg Lake 1 hr Fa-Foxy 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Respect71 38,688
News ABC's 'What Would You Do?' Depicts Man Cheating... 3 hr Conrad 4
News Austin Loses 'A Safe Space for Gay Men to Go Ha... 8 hr Mite Be 32
More from around the web