Paul Ryan promises hate group that he...

Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

There are 5444 comments on the www.wisconsingazette.com story from Oct 9, 2012, titled Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality. In it, www.wisconsingazette.com reports that:

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wisconsingazette.com.

Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3646 Nov 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Marriage has nothing to do with having a mother and father; in case you hadn't noticed a helluva lot of kids are being born outside of marriage. Moreover, lots of heteros are opting to marry without procreating. They are two separate issues.
Many gay couples raise kids; many of them are taking up the slack you feckless fu**ers bear and toss away. You people must not value kids either.
<quoted text>
You shouldn't respond to posts you don't understand.
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#3647 Nov 14, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>It's not a compromis at all. there is no one to compromise with. religion has nothing to do with legal marriage.
I get that ...

But I am asking, if someone offered a single institution that applied to all people but was not the named marriage, would you take it?

In other words, HYPOTHETICALLY, if all religious people agreed to drop their objection to recognizing gay relationships in the same LEGAL institution as straight ones, would you GIVE them the name marriage to make the deal?

I am hearing you say "no", the religious cant have the name, but that cant be right, can it?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#3648 Nov 14, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
More stupid from Canada, I'm loving it.
More typical southern stupidity from Wondering, it's abundant it seems.

Montreal

#3649 Nov 14, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrational is one man going down on another man, but I support your right to do it.
Please explain how it's irrational, because it seems like you don't know how to use the word "irrational."
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#3650 Nov 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Psst...even state amendmets can be overturned, either by vote or by federal court decision. And since pretty much every state
DoMA uses the same language, overturning one will overturn most if not all.
<quoted text>
yup, so instead of doing all that, would you today agree that all people get a civil partnership and marriage ceases to be a legal term only religious?

what say you...

BTW, your analysis is seriously flawed on DOMA...
this would be a good deal for you...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#3651 Nov 14, 2012
Marriage is the legal institution in this country to establish primary kinship. Yes, we have a RIGHT to the same institution other citizens do.

We're not taking crumbs from your table, you supercilious bitch. It's that simple.
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
right. so that's why you would get all the RIGHTS...just not the name...
is a name a "right" now?

Indianapolis

#3652 Nov 14, 2012
Talk about a pile of stupid.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrational is one man going down on another man, but I support your right to do it.

Montreal

#3653 Nov 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
and they always have been...they WERE called BASTARDS?
why do you think that is?
the number one indicator of success is being raised by both your biological mother and father...
marriage keeps fathers present.
You continue to put forth the claim that it's better for a child to be raised by unloving parents who don't want children than to be raised by adoptive living parents who do want children.

Your logic is flawed, your argument is invalid, and again, it has nothing to do with marriage since it is not a requirement to reproduce in marriage.

Come up with a valid point and we'll get back to you. You've already accepted the fact that marriage equality does not negatively affect anyone but perhaps the parties involved, please learn to accept that your procreation arguments hold no water for they must apply to all.
spud

United States

#3654 Nov 14, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You've stayed on the fence about what side you're on so far, but you've also been leaning more towards the bigoted side.
If you'd like to make a clear statement as to where you stand on this topic, feel free, but until then, you really can't say you have a point if you don't make one.
Where's the incoherent icon when you need it. Bigotry, as in one who holds blindly and intolerently to a particular creed or opinion, would seem to apply more to a hard line party partisan than it would to someone who has positions from both sides, especially when the partisan rabidly belittles anything he doesn't believe in. Now make me proud and don't make me explain what I just said.

Indianapolis

#3655 Nov 14, 2012
I'm sure you've been called a bastard too...what does it prove? Why were they called bastards? Because there are a lot of intolerant, self-righteous a-holes out there. You are one of them.

The primary indicator of success is education (and/or being born rich, of course.) You can have a single parent and become president.

Marriage keeps fathers present? You heteros must be sad things indeed if you need the law to imprison your spouses. But then, the divorce stats belies your statement anyway.
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
and they always have been...they WERE called BASTARDS?
why do you think that is?
the number one indicator of success is being raised by both your biological mother and father...
marriage keeps fathers present.

Indianapolis

#3656 Nov 14, 2012
If that were the rule of thumb, you could never post at all.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't respond to posts you don't understand.

Indianapolis

#3657 Nov 14, 2012
No--because there is absolutely no reason to do so. You clearly do not understand the time and resources it would take to create an entirely different but completely equal version of civil marriage. How many heteros would be willing to give up "marriage"?

Marriage is not a religious term, period.
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
yup, so instead of doing all that, would you today agree that all people get a civil partnership and marriage ceases to be a legal term only religious?
what say you...
BTW, your analysis is seriously flawed on DOMA...
this would be a good deal for you...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3658 Nov 14, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how it's irrational, because it seems like you don't know how to use the word "irrational."
It's self explanatory. Only guys into that would disagree.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#3659 Nov 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I'm sure you've been called a bastard too...what does it prove? Why were they called bastards? Because there are a lot of intolerant, self-righteous a-holes out there. You are one of them.
The primary indicator of success is education (and/or being born rich, of course.) You can have a single parent and become president.
Marriage keeps fathers present? You heteros must be sad things indeed if you need the law to imprison your spouses. But then, the divorce stats belies your statement anyway.
<quoted text>
There you go. The primary indicator of success is MONEY. The sex of the parents does NOT matter one way or the other.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3660 Nov 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
The sex of the parents does NOT matter one way or the other.
It does matter, you see, everyone has a mother and father. Without that, no one would be here to succeed. Even you have a mother and father.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3661 Nov 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
But then, the divorce stats belies your statement anyway.
<quoted text>
With gay marriage more permissible these days, gay divorce is on the rise.
I've read where homosexuals are among the most promiscuous. Some of your divorces are funny, some are notable. You can no longer use divorce stats against anyone.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3662 Nov 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Marriage is not a religious term, period.
<quoted text>
You may not find it in the gay dictionary but for tens of millions it is a religious term.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3663 Nov 14, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to put forth the claim that it's better for a child to be raised by unloving parents who don't want children
That's a lie. When you have nothing, always, you make things up. You're a laughing stock. How f'd up your mind is, amazing.
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#3664 Nov 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Marriage is the legal institution in this country to establish primary kinship. Yes, we have a RIGHT to the same institution other citizens do.
We're not taking crumbs from your table, you supercilious bitch. It's that simple.
<quoted text>
"crumbs from your table"?
geez, how angry and spiteful can you be, i guess we will see...

if you look at it, the HYPOTHETICAL (not even REAL so where's all the anger???) offer was for you to have the same institution and thusly all the same exact rights, and we all lose the term marriage in the legal sense....
the crumbs from YOUR table would be a simple WORD....

and look how you took that suggestion...

and if you THOUGHT about it, fully separating the religious institution from the legal would REINFORCE the point you claim you are making...separating church and state....

but look how you took it...

you need to look at yourself bro...
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#3665 Nov 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
what else is marriage but a commitment to stay?
are you saying its not even that now?

and yes, married people don't just LEAVE, they have to have an orderly separation (with a waiting period) and divide the assets based on the best interest OF THE CHILDREN. So yes, one of the stabilizing facts of marriage IS divorce...do you even think about any of this or just rattle off angry rants?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 7 min Belles Echoes 34
News When unexpected body parts appear in the shower 15 min david traversa 4
News Gay men more likely to use condoms if they see ... 30 min Belles Echoes 1
News LGBTQ community to celebrate "Earth Gay" in Ver... 32 min Belles Echoes 1
News Caitlyn Jenner Takes a Piss on Ted Cruz 34 min Sargent Cantaloupe 2
News LGBT rights protesters vow to keep fighting Mis... 36 min Sargent Cantaloupe 12
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 2 hr DebraE 2,814
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Terra Firma 34,672
More from around the web