The problem with your comments are:<quoted text>
The problem with your statement is:
1. Many heterosexuals don't value the importance of having a mother and a father;
2. there are plenty of single moms and dads and also heterosexual singles who legally adopt. They are not forced to get married for the sake of the child.
3. Gays can and do produce children, through a surrogate partner or through in vitro fertilization.
4. Gays value marriage for the same reason you do -- the desire to make a legal and binding commitment to someone they love and consider their soul mate. If it were only for the benefits, any two people, gay or straight, could get married, live apart, and receive marriage benefits.
5.Straight couples don't necessarily have to get married, but they do so, and not just for the benefits, and not just to start a family. Some married couples don't want children and others are past child-bearing age, but they are not denied marriage.
1. All straights have no choice, just like you. If they are born to a single mother then it is what it is.
2. That doesn't change the fact that gay couples CAN'T create children.
3. Gay couples CAN'T produce children.
4. Since marriage isn't required for commitment or love, it's for the benefits or it's for religion.
5. Since marriage isn't required for commitment or love, it's for the benefits or it's for religion.