Nationwide Protest of Prop. 8 Nov. 15th

Nationwide Protest of Prop. 8 Nov. 15th

There are 135 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Nov 9, 2008, titled Nationwide Protest of Prop. 8 Nov. 15th. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Join the Impact is organizing a protest of Prop 8 nationwide. According to the site the reason for this concept is We can’t wait for any large scale organization to get the word out for us. We have 1 week to put together a NATIONAL PROTEST and start a mobilized movement for equality! When we all come together as one voice on November 15th, we will show the nation that we can do more than just talk, we can act! We won’t solve everything in one protest, but we will fuel the fire to a conversation that can not be silenced! If we stop talking about equality for all, then we will lose the battle. If we allow others to stop talking about it, then we will lose. Hate is not the lack of love, it’s the fear of that which we do not know. This protest along with many others gives us the chance to build on the conversation and educate the masses. It’s very simple: Infiltrate, Educate, and STOP HATE!

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Poca

Mountain View, CA

#1 Nov 9, 2008
Ill be in nevada november 15th ready to protest against prop 8.
Tony

Kent, WA

#2 Nov 9, 2008
Protest all you want, it's not going to change anything.

“One o the guys born as a girl.”

Since: Oct 08

San Diego, CA

#3 Nov 9, 2008
Tony wrote:
Protest all you want, it's not going to change anything.
Just like protesting in the 60s did absolutely nothing for African American equality right?
Tony

Kent, WA

#4 Nov 9, 2008
Myr the Gryphon wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like protesting in the 60s did absolutely nothing for African American equality right?
Once again, racial equality is a whole differnt matter. How many states now ban it?? Oh and whats the federal law on the matter?? I recall it only reconizes marriage as being between a man and a woman. The voters have spoken, majority rules.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#5 Nov 9, 2008
Afraid Tony? Good...this time we are going to get in your face

Location hidden

#6 Nov 9, 2008
Screw your majority
Tony

Kent, WA

#7 Nov 9, 2008
Paulathesurfmom wrote:
Afraid Tony? Good...this time we are going to get in your face
Afraid?? Hardly. My side of the issue seems to be winning with ease.
Tony

Kent, WA

#8 Nov 9, 2008
Paulathesurfmom wrote:
Screw your majority
You lost, deal with it. Or better yet, if you can't deal with our system of government, leave.
Paulathesurfmom

Dayton, OH

#9 Nov 9, 2008
you will be... we are coming to your houses and churches his time... are you watching CNN?

No it is not over... deal with that... and it would be a better place if you left... I'll buy the ticket
Tony

Kent, WA

#10 Nov 9, 2008
Paulathesurfmom wrote:
you will be... we are coming to your houses and churches his time... are you watching CNN?
No it is not over... deal with that... and it would be a better place if you left... I'll buy the ticket
Well trespassing and blocking traffic is a good way to get some fines and a night in jail.

Yes it is over and I have no problem with the system so i'm not leaving.

The more you push, the harder we'll push back. You don't have the numbers to contend with that.
Alanson

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#11 Nov 9, 2008
Winning with ease Tony? It took your side millions of dollars and tons of lies to "win" this battle. Just a few years ago gays and lesbians dared not even be open about their orientation. As long as LBGT people don't give up they will win in the long run. When I was a boy blacks couldn't drink out of the same water fountains that whites used in most parts of the country. Now there is an African-American president-elect. I'll not live to see an openly gay or lesbian President, but there will be one sooner than later, and there will be marriage for all. And you know what? The country will be stronger for that because division leaves us weaker.

Location hidden

#12 Nov 9, 2008
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Well trespassing and blocking traffic is a good way to get some fines and a night in jail.
Yes it is over and I have no problem with the system so i'm not leaving.
The more you push, the harder we'll push back. You don't have the numbers to contend with that.
No Tony is is not over and we will push... and push and push... till we get what you thieves stole from us and you had better get that
Tony

Kent, WA

#13 Nov 9, 2008
Alanson wrote:
Winning with ease Tony? It took your side millions of dollars and tons of lies to "win" this battle. Just a few years ago gays and lesbians dared not even be open about their orientation. As long as LBGT people don't give up they will win in the long run. When I was a boy blacks couldn't drink out of the same water fountains that whites used in most parts of the country. Now there is an African-American president-elect. I'll not live to see an openly gay or lesbian President, but there will be one sooner than later, and there will be marriage for all. And you know what? The country will be stronger for that because division leaves us weaker.
Obviously you dont understand the situation. If a ban can pass in California, home to San Francisco, then you have no safe haven. Nearly every state bans it and look at how easily Arizona and Florida passed bans.

Im so sick of the lame ass arguments that tie in gay rights with racial rights. You're not fooling anyone. Oh and the day a gay president takes office will be a day when the United States will be but words in history books.

Location hidden

#14 Nov 9, 2008
Last hight Tony's boys came to the Rally...they wanted so bad to attack us... but this time we say bring it.
Tony

Kent, WA

#15 Nov 9, 2008
Paulathesurfmom wrote:
<quoted text>
No Tony is is not over and we will push... and push and push... till we get what you thieves stole from us and you had better get that
Forcing the will of the minority on the majority is plain and simple Tyranny. The People have spoken and have rejected gay marriage time after time.

Since: Sep 07

West Covina, CA

#16 Nov 9, 2008
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you dont understand the situation. If a ban can pass in California, home to San Francisco, then you have no safe haven. Nearly every state bans it and look at how easily Arizona and Florida passed bans.
Im so sick of the lame ass arguments that tie in gay rights with racial rights. You're not fooling anyone. Oh and the day a gay president takes office will be a day when the United States will be but words in history books.
Lincoln was homosexual.
Paulathesurfmom

Dayton, OH

#17 Nov 9, 2008
No try it the other way around.... we are going to do what the blacks did...We see California is the land of Rodney King and that is how this is going to go now....
Paulathesurfmom

Dayton, OH

#18 Nov 9, 2008
Tony your feelings, your rights and what you want is of no concern to me anymore... just like my feeling, my rights and what I want was never of any concern to you... but I say you are a thief and I intend to get back what you stole from me.
Tony

Kent, WA

#19 Nov 9, 2008
George Funk wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln was homosexual.
No concrete evidence of that. However his wife and children are strong proof he wasnt gay.
Tony

Kent, WA

#20 Nov 9, 2008
Paulathesurfmom wrote:
No try it the other way around.... we are going to do what the blacks did...We see California is the land of Rodney King and that is how this is going to go now....
You're going to riot?? Please do, nothing could further harm your pathetic cause then that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 21 min neighbor 2,574
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Wondering 13,273
News MassResistance Warns America Against Homosexual... 3 hr Surg 43
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 3 hr Surg 417
News This "Christian" thinks a secret "gay Nazi regi... 4 hr Stumped 20
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 57,623
News Amid Egypt's anti-gay crackdown, gay dating app... 7 hr Oliver 11
More from around the web