Major General Nichols of the Texas National Guard Seeks Benefit Clarity

Sep 6, 2013 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

Nichols has asked vehemently anti-gay Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott for advice regarding the benefits for married LGBT TX National Guard members
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2013

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#1 Sep 6, 2013
Instead of the Texas AG he needs to check with his own "JAG" who should know UCMJ and other "Military Law".

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#2 Sep 6, 2013
jcofe wrote:
Instead of the Texas AG he needs to check with his own "JAG" who should know UCMJ and other "Military Law".
The UCMJ is federal law. The Texas National Guard is the state militia and hence must follow state law.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#3 Sep 6, 2013
Doesn't the National Guard get money from the Feds? If so, cut it off. Also start reassigning personnel stationed in Texas at Federal Facilities. That would send a signal. And of course there is sequester, which is a good excuse to start laying off non-military personnel at government facilities. They WILL understand money not coming in.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4 Sep 6, 2013
RalphB wrote:
Doesn't the National Guard get money from the Feds? If so, cut it off.
That would do away with the National Guard and all of our people in the middle east would be sent home. I'm all for it.

“ WOOF ! ”

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#5 Sep 6, 2013
RalphB wrote:
Doesn't the National Guard get money from the Feds? If so, cut it off. Also start reassigning personnel stationed in Texas at Federal Facilities. That would send a signal. And of course there is sequester, which is a good excuse to start laying off non-military personnel at government facilities. They WILL understand money not coming in.
You're clueless. The "National Guard" is actually a state militia, i.e. the army of an individual state such as New York or Texas. It is under the exclusive control of a state governor. The POTUS, nor The National Military Establishment cannot order it to do ANYTHING, nor transfer a particular person anywhere.

If you are THAT clueless and STUPID and IGNORANT of federalism, then do us all a favor and PLEASE DON'T VOTE !
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#7 Sep 6, 2013
National Guard units can be mobilized for federal active duty to supplement regular armed forces during times of war or national emergency declared by Congress, the President or the Secretary of Defense.

Key words: federal active duty

The National Defense Authorization Act 2008...enables the President to call up the National Guard of the United States for active federal military service during Congressionally sanctioned national emergency or war. Places the National Guard Bureau directly under the Department of Defense as a joint activity.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#8 Sep 6, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're clueless. The "National Guard" is actually a state militia, i.e. the army of an individual state such as New York or Texas. It is under the exclusive control of a state governor. The POTUS, nor The National Military Establishment cannot order it to do ANYTHING, nor transfer a particular person anywhere.
If you are THAT clueless and STUPID and IGNORANT of federalism, then do us all a favor and PLEASE DON'T VOTE !
Dolt, where does the majority of funding for National Guard units come from? National Guard service is utilized by many soldiers to get to their twenty or thirty years of FEDERAL military retirement.

You really want to call someone clueless you might want to check your mirror, if you can stand what you might see.

“ WOOF ! ”

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#9 Sep 6, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
National Guard units can be mobilized for federal active duty to supplement regular armed forces during times of war or national emergency declared by Congress, the President or the Secretary of Defense.
Key words: federal active duty
The National Defense Authorization Act 2008...enables the President to call up the National Guard of the United States for active federal military service during Congressionally sanctioned national emergency or war. Places the National Guard Bureau directly under the Department of Defense as a joint activity.
That's true. I know that. But the Texas National Guard has NOT been called into service by the POTUS nor congress, so they are STILL, as usual, under the direct control of the Governor Of Texas.

You know one of the reasons that the state militias exist is to be able to MILITARILY OPPOSE the national military forces.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10 Sep 7, 2013
RalphB wrote:
ESPECIALLY Texass.

I would SO love to watch the fur fly were that to happen.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 7, 2013
Rudy wrote:
Thank you Major General Nichols sir!
Brown-noser
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#12 Sep 7, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
You know one of the reasons that the state militias exist is to be able to MILITARILY OPPOSE the national military forces.
Oh puh-leez. You ARE crazy.

“ WOOF ! ”

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#13 Sep 7, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
No. That's the truth. Try reading the Second Amendment, and understanding what the "security of a free state" means. Something you dopey Libs always insist means that the freedom to bear arms only applies to a state's militia, something that SCOTUS EMPHATICALLY REJECTED.

“ WOOF ! ”

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#14 Sep 7, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
In the late 1770's, the legal central government here at that time was the British Crown. We VIOLENTLY overthrew that central government, i.e. KILLED soldiers, officers, and other representatives of our central government of the time.

The Declaration Of Independence, which is the legal founding document of our nation. SPECIFICALLY STATES that one has a RIGHT, indeed a DUTY, to overthrow our government if (more like "when") it oppresses our RIGHTS (EQUAL MARRIAGE RIGHTS for instance ???).

Are you REJECTING the Founding Prinicples of our nation ?!

State militias, and armed citizens, are the SUREST defense against our oppressive government.

Or are you saying that our Founding Fathers, i.e. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, John Hancock, etc. would endorse OBAMACARE ?(A page RIGHT OUT of Uncle Joe Stalin's playbook !)

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#15 Sep 7, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're clueless. The "National Guard" is actually a state militia, i.e. the army of an individual state such as New York or goverTexas. It is under the exclusive control of a state governor. The POTUS, nor The National Military Establishment cannot order it to do ANYTHING, nor transfer a particular person anywhere.
You sir, are an idiot. I just looked it up, and the Federal government offers benefits and such to the National Guard members. And in talking about military establishments, I was talking about Federal military establishments, which are paid for lock, stock, and barrel by the Feds. If you think the National Guard is autonomous, you are the one that needs an education, not I. See Article 1 Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#16 Sep 7, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
In the late 1770's, the legal central government here at that time was the British Crown. We VIOLENTLY overthrew that central government, i.e. KILLED soldiers, officers, and other representatives of our central government of the time.
The Declaration Of Independence, which is the legal founding document of our nation. SPECIFICALLY STATES that one has a RIGHT, indeed a DUTY, to overthrow our government if (more like "when") it oppresses our RIGHTS (EQUAL MARRIAGE RIGHTS for instance ???).
State militias, and armed citizens, are the SUREST defense against our oppressive government.
Or are you saying that our Founding Fathers, i.e. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, John Hancock, etc. would endorse OBAMACARE ?(A page RIGHT OUT of Uncle Joe Stalin's playbook !)
Um.... armed insurrection against our government is called TREASON,
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#17 Sep 7, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say ANYTHING about Obamacare? You are ate up.

“ WOOF ! ”

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#18 Sep 7, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.... armed insurrection against our government is called TREASON,
ONLY if you lose.

Hence are Founding Fathers are called "PATRIOTS". NOT "TRAITORS".

Location hidden

#19 Sep 7, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. I know that. But the Texas National Guard has NOT been called into service by the POTUS nor congress, so they are STILL, as usual, under the direct control of the Governor Of Texas.
Wrong nuance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min I WIN I WIN 49,541
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 17 min Vitez 1,080
Gay marriage opponents take lower profile 26 min eJohn 8
Lesbian couple in gay marriage case prepares fo... (Mar '13) 26 min KiMare 1,558
Ga. teen kicked out after admitting he's gay to... 35 min eJohn 7
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 38 min eJohn 1
Local group hopes to revisit decade-old convers... 47 min eJohn 3
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Pietro Armando 54,998
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 7 hr Frankie Rizzo 558
Biggest Gay Lies 8 hr Duran 1,722
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 11 hr Fa-Foxy 54
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 19 hr Frankie Rizzo 410
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search