Kan. case reveals risks with assisted reproduction

Jan 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WATE-TV Knoxville

31, 2012 file photo shows Kansas sperm donor William Marotta who is being sued by the state of Kansas to pay child support after providing sperm to a same-sex couple who split up.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jan 23, 2013
Chance

Grove City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

The guy was an idiot to do what he did. No sympathy for him here.
Invisible Lipstick

Cummington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

As stupid as it really is he still should not be required to pay anything. These experiments will be the undoing of our nation.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

The parties had a contract. No need to do anything other than enforce the contract, as they do when straight couples use assisted reproduction.
Subversion and Decadence

Cummington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

There was nothing about child support. In fact you cannot provide anything to suggest otherwise as always.
This is the danger facing America's future.
Serious danger.
Save the rationalizing, I've heard it all.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Invisible Lipstick wrote:
As stupid as it really is he still should not be required to pay anything. These experiments will be the undoing of our nation.
My understanding is that, since the bigots in Kansas don't recognize the two mothers as a couple, they're treating the sperm donor like a deadbeat dad.

That's not a situation that would come up with a straight couple that used a donor to have a child because they would have been recognized as a couple from the beginning. The state would never come after the donor in that case.

The "risk" with assisted reproduction is really the risk of doing business in a state run by bigots and fools with laws to match.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Cummington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

A society without morals cannot function and a govt without the moral question within its governing process doesn't have a process that is going to survive.

Anybody you know?
Droppin in for a tad

Watsonville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

The ONLY "risks" in assisted reproduction are those posed by the Kansas legal system.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Cummington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Droppin in for a tad wrote:
The ONLY "risks" in assisted reproduction are those posed by the Kansas legal system.
And the continued burden upon society of a child raised without a father. Why on earth should we expect gays to uphold the principles of morality. They have little by their own narcissist ways.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
And the continued burden upon society of a child raised without a father. Why on earth should we expect gays to uphold the principles of morality. They have little by their own narcissist ways.
And is that "child raised without a father" the total responsibility of two lesbians? I would think there are a lot more fatherless children out there due to deadbeat dads, or mothers and fathers who foist their children onto society.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
So, straight people don't have these same legal/moral/reproductive issues? Can you prove that?

And, since straight people sometimes DO have these issues, shall we paint every single one with the same deadbeat immoral brush, as you try to do with gay folks?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
And is that "child raised without a father" the total responsibility of two lesbians? I would think there are a lot more fatherless children out there due to deadbeat dads, or mothers and fathers who foist their children onto society.
He only wants to paint with that wiiiiiide brush when it comes to other groups. He would never want to be held accountable for the sins of others, himself.
Brown Lipstick

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, straight people don't have these same legal/moral/reproductive issues? Can you prove that?
And, since straight people sometimes DO have these issues, shall we paint every single one with the same deadbeat immoral brush, as you try to do with gay folks?
Prove it? Of course not, that is why it was literally never attempted in the history of foreverness. Only an Ahkezar would convince others toward such dastardly deeds. Been doing so for a long long year.
Structure Destroyer

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Two lesbians, 3, 4, 5. Why not confuse said child further only to jeapordize the very foundation and structure that created everything here on earth when that child grows up. Who or what will he champion? Father? I think not.
You narcissistic evil bastards!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Structure Destroyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Two lesbians, 3, 4, 5. Why not confuse said child further only to jeapordize the very foundation and structure that created everything here on earth when that child grows up. Who or what will he champion? Father? I think not.
You narcissistic evil bastards!
Tell ya what.....when you heteros completely solve the problem of raising your kids without problems, and ORIGINAL families intact, then, and only then can you even begin to find fault with ours. In the meantime, go back to getting all those unwanted kids off the streets and into good, loving families. By the time you have finished that we will be so far along the road with our families, you won't be able to reverse any our strides in equality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 13 min Jooosh04 946
Gay dads dispel same-sex adoption myths - and a... 1 hr DebraE 108
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr DebraE 54,805
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr The Rogue 49,393
Chile sailor publicly discloses his homosexuality 4 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 1
Legislature Says No to "Gay Panic" Defense 4 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 1
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 4 hr Ashley1204 243
Judge critical of states defending gay marriage... 4 hr Fa-Foxy 34
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 386
Becker & Poliakoff Lawyer Sends Anti-Gay Email ... 5 hr DNF 21
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••