Obama nears deadline on gay marriage decision

Feb 28, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTVF Nashville

A recently unsealed whistle-blower lawsuit claims a civilian Navy employee and a Navy contractor engaged in a bribery and kickback scheme going back to at least 2004.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

He isn't required to unless asked by the Court.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

I can understand when someone says the states should regulate marriage, but I also believe that that regulation should be equal and fair, and therefore dictated by the Supreme Court, as they did in Loving. Elections, regulated by the state, are another example of oversight by the Federal Government.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Recent polling-

California- 61% support marriage equality
Rhode Island- 60% support marriage equality

If for some reason we fail in either of these states, it's time to vote.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

My theory:

I smell a deal at the SCOTUS.

Roberts is going to join Kennedy in a 6-3 decision overturning DOMA, in exchange for Kennedy joining the "conservatives" in upholding Prop 8 or maybe throwing the whole thing out and ordering a new trial which would effectively delay marriage equality in California for a few more years.

Just my latest opinion....

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Btw, the recent polling in California showing 61% support for marriage equality makes it MORE likely the SCOTUS will throw it back to the voters.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
Btw, the recent polling in California showing 61% support for marriage equality makes it MORE likely the SCOTUS will throw it back to the voters.
I'm not so sure about that. The problem, as I see it anyway, is that voters incorrectly believed they could vote away a right granted by the State.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••