Suit brought on behalf of boys seeking gay therapy

Oct 4, 2012 Full story: Clover Herald 99

A second federal lawsuit has been filed seeking to overturn California's new ban on psychotherapy aimed at making gay or lesbian teenagers straight.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Here Kitty Kitty

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Oct 4, 2012
Christians suing for the right to molest 14 and 15 year-old gay boys and get paid to do it?
Are protestants trying to outdo the catholic church?
These are exactly the kinds of fake 'therapists' California just outlawed
Feed 'em to the lions
with extra sauce

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#2 Oct 4, 2012
This might be an interesting case to recall a few years from now when these boys are old enough to understand (and hopefully accept) their sexual orientation and realize its was their parents and society that had brainwashed them into thinking there was something "wrong" in need of fixin'

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#3 Oct 4, 2012
Just goes to show who is REALLY the most interested in "recruiting" children.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Oct 4, 2012
They should have to file AFTER Jan. 1, 2013.

Until then, there are no grounds for anything except, possibly, a Stay.

I want to hear these arguments.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5 Oct 4, 2012
Ha anyone asked the kids why they want, what they feel? If someone really doesn't want to be gay, well, this "therapy" only does as much as the person trying not to be gay can do. It simply suppresses the feelings, and anyone can do that all by themselves.

Just look at the extremely vocal homophobes.

Since: Jan 08

Thailand

#6 Oct 5, 2012
They used to bind women's feet in China, widows in India used to be forced commit suicide by jumping into the flames of their husbands' cremation fires, and there was once a time when it was legal to own another human being. Times change, and cruelties are abolished, as will be the fate of the forced trauma of "reparative therapy" on young men. Bigots hate it; TFB.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#7 Oct 5, 2012
Are children able to understand all of the ramifications? I mean, these kids are maladjusted enough to want to change a natural trait.How did they get that way?

How did they learn about conversion "therapies"?

Through exhaustive research on all of the "peer reviewed" studies?

Or because their parents and church are desperate to change THEM?

Chagrin Falls, OH

#8 Oct 5, 2012
If its really what is meant for these boys then there should be no problem waiting until they're 21 and can seek whatever therapy they want legally.

Chagrin Falls, OH

#9 Oct 5, 2012
Or perhaps these parents should be charged with child abuse for seeking to do active harm to their children.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Oct 5, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
CHILD ABUSE ??? are you smoking a loaded dick or something??? HeII, the parents should be giving a medal for trying to get professional help for their children before it's too late. You stupid Fa$$ot.
Tanslation: I'm not gay, I'm not gay, I'm not gay, I'm not gay.
Rainbow Kid for Obama

Alpharetta, GA

#12 Oct 5, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
CHILD ABUSE ??? are you smoking a loaded dick or something??? HeII, the parents should be giving a medal for trying to get professional help for their children before it's too late. You stupid Fa$$ot.
Low-life straightys torturing their own child because he/she is not a lowlife straighty too: is child abuse
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Oct 5, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The is nothing professional about these therapies, with only a 2% success rate and that's probably only people that were mainly straight in the first place. It's malpractice and abuse plain and simple, whether it be attaching electrodes to the penis or the "converted" therapist spooning the children in the fetal position.
Anatomical Logic

Alpharetta, GA

#14 Oct 5, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The is nothing professional about these therapies, with only a 2% success rate and that's probably only people that were mainly straight in the first place. It's malpractice and abuse plain and simple, whether it be attaching electrodes to the penis or the "converted" therapist spooning the children in the fetal position.
Registering Nicolosi as a sex offender would help the public get his perversity into perspective
There are plenty of witnesses
NoQ no humanity

Pensacola, FL

#17 Oct 5, 2012
Must be hard NoQ to be so ignorant and so hateful. Learn to red...homosexuality is BIOLOGICAL.... It's been a known fact for years.... Of course someone like you is ignorant of any facts that don't fit into the magic wonderland you call spirituality.

Instead of slinging hate...why not actually learn to read and accept facts that might not fit so neatly into your small mind. Clearly you're a bigot, clearly you are uneducated and clearly you have no dog in this hunt.

These children ARE being abused by losers just like you, and shame on you for not being smart enough to understand it. Use the brain GOD gave you.

Unreal.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#19 Oct 5, 2012
I'll bet fatso Marcus Bachmann is shivering in his extra wide boots right now. There goes his LUCRATIVE career! What will they do when his wife is tossed out of HER job this coming year too?

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#20 Oct 5, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be hard huh ? Well, maybe for you but I'm neither. I'd say more like knowledgeable & truthful. Sorry but I've never learn to RED yet. LOL HOMOSexuality is abomination, perverted, & not normal. You have a lot of clearlys there. Let me throw some back at ya. Clearly you are a Queer, Clearly you accept the perverted lifestyle that goes along with being a Fa$$ot and Clearly you lie just like all HO;MOS do. Our children are precious and don't need to be subjected to that kind of perversion if there's any way possible to prevent it. So use the brain GOD gave you and try to save our children from the kind of shit you're into before it's too late.
“At least 260 species of animal have been noted exhibiting homosexual behaviour but only 1 species of animal ever, so far as we know… has exhibited homophobic behaviour… And that’s the human being. So ask yourself which is really natural.”

Why can't you find a female to occupy your time with??

Chagrin Falls, OH

#21 Oct 5, 2012
When even the biggest Christian "ex-gay" group acknowledges these attempts to chane people from gay to straight don't work and are a tally harmful, and its reported on Fox News, it becomes awfully hard to believe the criticisms of conversion therapy are just a gay conspiracy.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/26/christia...

The article quotes the leader of Exodus as saying attempts to "cure" homosexuality are 99.99% failures.

And not only is this crackpot therapy ineffective, researchers who have studied it say it is actually harmful to the patients.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/06/health/06ga...

Any parents who would subject their child to ineffective and actively harmful "therapy" are child abusers.

Chagrin Falls, OH

#22 Oct 5, 2012
A tally = actually. Love autocorrect for "fixing" things so well.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Oct 5, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you recognize the truth fa$$ot.
Your actions speak louder than your words, silly boy. You are fooling no one.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#25 Oct 5, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You fking Queers are so fking delusional, you've lost track of reality. So sad, so pathetic, so perverted. You no doubt actually believe that shit. Lol. You REALLY are simple minded.
You're the only one here that's delusional. The world is changing around you and enshrining rights of those you irrationally despise into law, and you sit there saying that it must all be a big conspiracy...

What a fking loser you are. No woman, no job, no life, no self respect. Your parents should be spanked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 min anonymous 55,926
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 40 min Vitez 1,911
Writer Claims Malcolm X Was Bisexual 1 hr Dford8583 23
Us Aids fight shifts to African-American gay men 1 hr Rock 105
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 49,843
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 2 hr KiMare 437
Two Lesbians, one Gay man elected to Belfast Ci... 3 hr rock white 22
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 795
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 9 hr Frankie Rizzo 962
Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage 19 hr Fa-Foxy 64