Editors Letter November 2012

Oct 8, 2012 Full story: Advocate

In this job I see all kinds of agendas that separate LGBTs: lesbians from gay men; racial divisions; wealthy from poor; and transgender people from those who don't feel the "T" should be part the acronym.

Full Story

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Oct 8, 2012
It sounds great!....on paper! Education and medicine are too expensive! Ecuation administrators are just as greedy as drs. Drs at least are somewhat justified given the high cost of malpractice ins and the propensity of people to sue at the drop of a hat.
L and Gs will never accept that T has any validity. I'd rather try to convince a backwoods redneck of the validity of Transexuality than argue with a Gay or lesbian. By rights, Gs and Ls should be our biggest allies, instead, our issues become throwaway negotiating items. How's that for building trust? All progress that we've made has been made by trans people ourselves. People like Virginia Prince or Sylvia Rivera and others. So why do Transpeople need Gays? It sounds like this guy wants to write something that's been often alluded to, but never seen, The Gay agenda! Gays give us a bad name. People are more accepting of Transexuality than gays.
Regards, Terri

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#2 Oct 8, 2012
TerryE wrote:
It sounds great!....on paper! Education and medicine are too expensive! Ecuation administrators are just as greedy as drs. Drs at least are somewhat justified given the high cost of malpractice ins and the propensity of people to sue at the drop of a hat.
L and Gs will never accept that T has any validity. I'd rather try to convince a backwoods redneck of the validity of Transexuality than argue with a Gay or lesbian. By rights, Gs and Ls should be our biggest allies, instead, our issues become throwaway negotiating items. How's that for building trust? All progress that we've made has been made by trans people ourselves. People like Virginia Prince or Sylvia Rivera and others. So why do Transpeople need Gays? It sounds like this guy wants to write something that's been often alluded to, but never seen, The Gay agenda! Gays give us a bad name. People are more accepting of Transexuality than gays.
Regards, Terri
Sorry to see you lump all Gs & Ls together, insofar as their attitude towards Ts. Granted, our "leaders" have done the very things you have stated. This, however, does not by extension prove your point of ALL Gs and Ls being your enemies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest Gay Lies 2 min steve 2,077
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr D-U-H 49,897
Young, Evangelical, and Pro-GayBy Gene Robinson 3 hr Professor Jumper 3
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 3 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 1,968
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 4 hr NorCal Native 249
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 hr Cali Girl 2014 56,031
Allowing Blood Donations From Gay Men Could Hel... 4 hr aanh1249 38
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,288
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 7 hr Frankie Rizzo 890
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••