Scientists claim that homosexuality i...

Scientists claim that homosexuality is not genetic — but it arises in the womb

There are 123 comments on the io9.com story from Dec 11, 2012, titled Scientists claim that homosexuality is not genetic — but it arises in the womb. In it, io9.com reports that:

A team of international researchers has completed a study that suggests we will probably never find a ‘gay gene.' Sexual orientation is not about genetics, say the researchers, it's about epigenetics. This is the process where DNA expression is influenced by any number of external factors in the environment. And in the case of homosexuality, the researchers argue, the environment is the womb itself.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at io9.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#147 Dec 17, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Lordy Folks this is just TOO good to pass up.
I think I'm beginning to understand why you chose that screen name.
You just tried to slam someone for a poor grasp of Biblical knowledge and history by claiming your own poor knowledge as the litmus test.
Do you recall what Porky Pig says at the end of Looney Tunes Cartoons?
Glad you thought so :) I said ..."lol...you belittle yourself concerning your own lack of Biblical knowledge, you need no help from me at all to demonstrate that fact :)" ...that wasn't said as a slam. It was said concerning you to describe a fact of yourself.
You claim to have Bible knowledge. That Bible knowledge you claim to have extends to the story of David and Jonathan, two people you no doubt call gay/homosexual lovers that you also probably believe were married.
Unfortunately for you, if you had read nthe Story of David and Jonathan, you would know not a single thing defines either Jonathan and David as being gay/homosexuals/bisexuals. Absolutely nothing. The only thing that can be insinuated is David a very heterosexual male had a single same sex relationship. But you refuse to acknowledge that fact the story reveals.
So your denial of facts belittle your claim to understanding what you don't of the story. Get it?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#148 Dec 17, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking about being a U.S Citizen.
WTF does all this Bible babble from you have to do with what I said. Oh wait. I just understood you answered me already.
YOU DON'T CARE about the rights of U.S. Citizens. At least not those you have no respect for.
You earlier stated... "As a U.S. Citizen I'm getting REALLY sick and tired of begging people like you to TREAT ME like any other U.S. Citizen!"... I was responding to that statement of you claiming I was and have always treated you as not being a US citizen. Do you remember now? What the frick is wrong with your memory?
You and your self righteous attitude made judgements of me for things I never stated. That is called being judgemental and being full of bias. Understand?

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#149 Dec 23, 2012
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know spirituality doesn't have a damned thing to do with sexual orientation."
It's not a coincidence that the majority of homosexuals are atheist.
as atheist I take offence to that remark.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 7 min TomInElPaso 1,959
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 12 min dan whites bromha... 10
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 28 min Poof1 42,790
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr TRUMP WINNERS 22,355
News Does federal law forbid workplace discriminatio... 1 hr Banster 7
News Walmart agrees to $7.5 million settlement in di... 1 hr Banster 5
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 12,262
More from around the web