Scientists claim that homosexuality i...

Scientists claim that homosexuality is not genetic — but it arises in the womb

There are 123 comments on the io9.com story from Dec 11, 2012, titled Scientists claim that homosexuality is not genetic — but it arises in the womb. In it, io9.com reports that:

A team of international researchers has completed a study that suggests we will probably never find a ‘gay gene.' Sexual orientation is not about genetics, say the researchers, it's about epigenetics. This is the process where DNA expression is influenced by any number of external factors in the environment. And in the case of homosexuality, the researchers argue, the environment is the womb itself.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at io9.com.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#24 Dec 11, 2012
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
So queer Tommy, what then is YOUR explanation for the cause of homosexuality? Don't have a better explanation, do you?
The gays don't want to know the cause of homosexuality, because then a prevention might be discovered.
If some pharmaceutical company developed a gay prevention pill, the gays would probably conduct a commando raid in the middle of the night to blow the plant up. Homosexuality is the only human ailment where the afflicted don't want to be cured.
If a pill were developed, it would be hilarious to watch, as the number of gays dwindled, their efforts to network and jet around the globe looking for a willing butt to plug into.
It could be that heterosexuals don't want to find a genetic cause, because it might mean there's a "cure" for heterosexuality.

See how reasonable you sound?

The fact is heterosexuals produce homosexuals. The reasons why don't matter that much unless you're one of those types that wants to "purify" the world of "undesirables".

If you're one of those you join the illustrious ranks of Hitler, Goebbels, Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin and even many famous Americans.

"The following men were outspoken proponents of eugenics, many of them so rabidly supportive of it that they advocated forced sterelization. While they were instrumental to the eugenics movement now and then, their coolness and lack of compassion have been less than favorable to the reputation of eugenics, and it will probably come as a surprise to see these people, otherwise respected and revered, providing such staunch and uncompromising support for eugenics.

Charles Darwin
H.G. Wells
Margaret Sanger
Samuel Butler
Plato
Alexander Graham Bell
John D. Rockefeller
Theodore Roosevelt
John H. Kellog
Charles Davenport
Lewis Terman"

http://www.fathom.com/feature/122169

see also:
http://martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/mar2007/eugen...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#25 Dec 11, 2012
TomInElPaso wrote:
I know spirituality doesn't have a damned thing to do with sexual orientation.
Read the article and educate yourself. Maybe you can stop looking so foolish.
<quoted text>
LMAO
You just wrote: "Maybe you can stop looking so foolish." and Junior often accuses you of having no faith in miracles!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#27 Dec 11, 2012
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know spirituality doesn't have a damned thing to do with sexual orientation."
It's not a coincidence that the majority of homosexuals are atheist.
I'd love to see you back that up with facts and links. But you can't since they don't exist.

Of course you only bring crap like this up to get reactions. Well get ready for a lot of "spiritual practitioners' to roast you over the coals.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#28 Dec 11, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/13-...
Some people just make it easy, you make it fun. Moron.
Thank you so much for a great article. I'm posting it today on the religion forum.
JrEsq

United States

#29 Dec 11, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>It could be that heterosexuals don't want to find a genetic cause, because it might mean there's a "cure" for heterosexuality.
See how reasonable you sound?
The fact is heterosexuals produce homosexuals. The reasons why don't matter that much unless you're one of those types that wants to "purify" the world of "undesirables".
If you're one of those you join the illustrious ranks of Hitler, Goebbels, Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin and even many famous Americans.
"The following men were outspoken proponents of eugenics, many of them so rabidly supportive of it that they advocated forced sterelization. While they were instrumental to the eugenics movement now and then, their coolness and lack of compassion have been less than favorable to the reputation of eugenics, and it will probably come as a surprise to see these people, otherwise respected and revered, providing such staunch and uncompromising support for eugenics.
Charles Darwin
H.G. Wells
Margaret Sanger
Samuel Butler
Plato
Alexander Graham Bell
John D. Rockefeller
Theodore Roosevelt
John H. Kellog
Charles Davenport
Lewis Terman"
http://www.fathom.com/feature/122169
see also:
http://martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/mar2007/eugen...
"because it might mean there's a "cure" for heterosexuality."
A "cure" for heterosexuality would mean the end of mankind.
See how UNreasonable you sound?
Gays Run the World

Alpharetta, GA

#31 Dec 11, 2012
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
We will preserve selected prize specimens for breeding purposes

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#32 Dec 11, 2012
So much for the gay gene eh?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#33 Dec 11, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
It doesn't matter if there is a "gay gene" or not. Why should it matter ?

Can you identify a gene for one's chirality ?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#34 Dec 12, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
LOL! The fundies will have to shut up now. Gays are not results of gene transmission from homosapien parents
Gays have a human mother; usually a virgin); and with GOD himself as their father
Some of the most famous people on the planet were born that way
Beauty Queen

Newry, UK

#35 Dec 12, 2012
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Internet troll.....

“MARY HARTMAN, MARY HARTMAN”

Avon, Co

#36 Dec 12, 2012
Half true and half false so when we use the word scientists we must always remember we are not talking about all scientists, there is a huge difference between types of scientists, nations and other factors.

In the States; from my own family in medical science, I happen to know all sexual orientation which is three kinds only starts in the womb but is also genetic and when something is genetic there is at least one gene involved. Most medical scientists agree there are about three genes involved in human sexual orientation and this combination of unknown genes (some say they are known but do not want public to know because religious fanatics would run out demanding a test to get rid of the demon child) and hormones of the woman.

What things are know is sexual orientation is three kinds, homosexual, heterosexual and bi-sexual. Anything else is attraction and post birth. Without homosexuality and heterosexuality in Evolution, the human race could not have continued thus; the two are more than normal, they are equally important. Some can say God did it and some can say Evolution only. It is know sexual orientation comes from the Mother's side thus; it has to be genetic and oddly, not her mother but her aunt if she has one.

The first born child is more likely to be homosexual than other children, the more fertile and attractive the woman, the more likely she is to have a gay male child but not enough study has been done on gay females who no longer used the word lesbian.

I have know of brothers all same mother but two different fathers and all three boys were born gay yet grew up in different environments and were about eight years apart in ages yet all gay.

MRI of the brain of adults was proving if a person was homosexual or heterosexual years ago and now stud dies of six month old children provide exact information thus; environment has ZERO to do with sexual orientation but a lot to do with sexual attraction. You have no choice in what gender you will become attracted to but environment will have a say in if you like blonds more than brown hair, light eyes or dark eyes and other factors. Then there are fetishes most normal and YOU have one. Some have bun fetish in they like to look at a guy or woman in that are, some eye fetish and some breast and thousands of other normal things and then there are unhealthy fetishes and unhealthy attractions all the way to pedophilia which is rape thus more about power but there is attraction too and heterosexual males are MOST likely to become pedophiles followed by gay females, gay male and heterosexual women last.

Studies don't show where bi-sexuals fit in this area but science knows if you combine all gays, bi sexual and transgender you have the majority of the population thus; heterosexuality in pure form is the minority group when all others are combined.

This is easy medical fact science 101 that I hope all Americans know already yet I am award many don't know or understand but that is their problem not that of others.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#37 Dec 12, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
I think you turn gay in the womb if your mom drinks too much Ovaltine when she's pregnant.
It's also the reason I watched every episode of Captain Midnight when I was a kid. You are probably one of only a few that will "get" that statement.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#40 Dec 12, 2012
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also the reason I watched every episode of Captain Midnight when I was a kid. You are probably one of only a few that will "get" that statement.
When I was a kid I was hooke do Ovaltine. I would sometimes drink a gallon of milk a day with Ovaltine.(my mother was furious I drank so much milk and threatened to put a lock on the refrigerator).

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#41 Dec 12, 2012
And this was in 1967 when milk was 30 cents a quart !

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#42 Dec 12, 2012
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
No more unreasonable than you are when you go on and on about how homosexuality will be the end of all life on earth.

You said it yourself kiddo, gays and lesbians can't reproduce together. Homosexuals are the result of heterosexual sex.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#43 Dec 12, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
Your eyes amaze me. They somehow automatically block any printed material that might interfere with your irrational bigotry. Such as the words, "homosexuality is not genetic — but it arises in the womb".

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#44 Dec 12, 2012
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a jackass like you would claim what brought you into this world as being a defect and in need of a cure. Your own posts should be presented in a court of law to show and prove why homosexuality is not only a physical danger but also a psychological danger to society as well. Just dealing with you people on a personal level on topix for nearly five years now has proven a detriment for me. Keep up the good work.
ROTFLMAO!
Anytime I can be a detriment to your daily life it's a good day.

My whole point was that human sexuality is what it is. There is no "cure" for either gays or straights.

But if the gene was found that determines one's sexual orientation, I can't help wondering how many pro life people would suddenly have a change of heart about abortion.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#45 Dec 12, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Anytime I can be a detriment to your daily life it's a good day.
My whole point was that human sexuality is what it is. There is no "cure" for either gays or straights.
But if the gene was found that determines one's sexual orientation, I can't help wondering how many pro life people would suddenly have a change of heart about abortion.
I agree did you ever see the play or movie "Twilight of The Golds" ?

(Get teh joke ?:))

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#46 Dec 12, 2012
Is that right? Prove it.

You can't of course but being a liar is easier than facts.
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know spirituality doesn't have a damned thing to do with sexual orientation."
It's not a coincidence that the majority of homosexuals are atheist.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#47 Dec 12, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree did you ever see the play or movie "Twilight of The Golds" ?
(Get teh joke ?:))
no to both questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News French TV's Recent 'Gay Scandal' Outed and Ostr... 3 min Gremlin 6
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 3 min Rainbow Kid 36
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min cpeter1313 49,278
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 min Gismys 5,997
Turk/Jerk CAFE 16 min Davey 1
News South Korean military convicts soldier for havi... 31 min Lester 5
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 39 min Abdel Fattah 69,526
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 55 min Truth 25,631
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 55 min Amused 440
More from around the web