Obama, Mitt Romney Called On To Wear Purple In Support Of Bullied Gay Teens

Oct 11, 2012 Full story: On Top Magazine 86

A gay teen is calling on President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney to wear purple next Friday in support of Spirit Day.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#2 Oct 11, 2012
they better or face the wrath of the rabid left...
ever notice how much they bully about this bullying topic?

p.s. I think No Q is disgusting.
Anon Gay

Austin, TX

#3 Oct 11, 2012
No Q uses the term "Fa**ot" for all the wrong reasons. So don;t be surprised, but your opinion is invalid.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#4 Oct 11, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
how much they bully about this bullying topic
What is your alternative? Give bullies carte blanche? Ignore bullying everywhere? Is this a behavior that you celebrate and perpetuate?

Bullying is BAD, duh, and pressure should be on for it to stop.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#5 Oct 11, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your alternative? Give bullies carte blanche? Ignore bullying everywhere? Is this a behavior that you celebrate and perpetuate?
Bullying is BAD, duh, and pressure should be on for it to stop.
but when you BULLY people about it, you become what you hate...you can see that right?

ever heard of Gandhi?

I do love how you insinuated that i support bullying though...

Since: Sep 09

San Francisco, CA

#6 Oct 11, 2012
NoQ wrote:
Them stupid Fa$$ots are always wanting attention. I'd wear anything but purple. Hope neither candidates cave into pressure by some stupid attention getters.
You're the one who spends so much time on the Gay Lesbian Topix forum. You're a total closet case and we all know it!

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#7 Oct 11, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
but when you BULLY people about it, you become what you hate...you can see that right?
It's just called "pressure", not "bullying". Bullying is threats and intimidation, made for the fun of it, made to empower the bully and demoralize the victim. It has no other motivation than its own aggrandizing.

What SHOULD be done instead? Asking nicely? Pretty please don't bully?

Even as a kid, the "best" advice I was given for bullies was to stand up to them, give them a taste of their own medicine, let them know you won't be pushed around. That's what's happening here. People who are sick of this behavior, are no longer going to allow it without an outcry. That outcry is NOT itself "bullying".
Jane Dough wrote:
ever heard of Gandhi?
Yeah, he's dead. He was shot by someone who thought that physical intimidation could get him what he wanted. In other words, a bully.
Jane Dough wrote:
I do love how you insinuated that i support bullying though...
"Insinuated"? No, I just asked if you support it. Are we no longer allowed to ASK people about their position?

YOU actually insinutated it yourself, by criticizing the people who fight this disgusting behavior. Only a bully wants to silence the people who fight bullying. Only a bully would NEED to.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#8 Oct 11, 2012
By sheer numbers str8 kids are bullied more than gays yet gays command special attention. With any luck after this election liberalism will be flat on its face.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#9 Oct 11, 2012
NoQ wrote:
Them stupid Fa$$ots are always wanting attention. I'd wear anything but purple. Hope neither candidates cave into pressure by some stupid attention getters.
B/c it takes a REAL man to wear purple!!

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#10 Oct 11, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
By sheer numbers str8 kids are bullied more than gays yet gays command special attention.
Yet you people have been content to leave the problem completely unattended. The heterosexual world has ignored bullying, with the belief that it will somehow sort itself out, as if the weaker kids will one day heroically rise up, like in the movies. Life doesn't actually work that way. At least gay people have been able to call attention to this problem, and are promoting an end to bullying ENTIRELY. Even straight kids who are victims of bullies will benefit from shining a light on this. By finally bringing some awareness to bullying, now ANYONE will be able to identify bullying, anytime, anywhere, and they will be more empowered to do something about it.
With any luck after this election liberalism will be flat on its face.
You're in trouble if you're relying on "luck". But even if Romney wins, don't kid yourself that liberalism will somehow fail or disappear. We'll keep teaching that bullying is wrong, and we'll keep teaching that all kids deserve a safe place for learning.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#11 Oct 11, 2012
Everyone gets bullied in school. We had to take care of ourselves, and so do they. They are such sissies!!

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#12 Oct 11, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Everyone gets bullied in school. We had to take care of ourselves, and so do they. They are such sissies!!
School is not a training ground for tough guys, tough guy. No one SHOULD be bullied in school, it should stop. Maybe YOU were able to take care of yourself, but not every kid is in that position, nor should they be put there.
3OHY

San Jose, CA

#13 Oct 11, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you people have been content to leave the problem completely unattended. The heterosexual world has ignored bullying...
Ridiculous assertion. Extremist assertion.

People have been protecting the bullied forever. Gays make a major problem out of minor problems because they are a minor problem. All minor problems wanting to swell their ranks focus on minor problems because they have no real appeal. It is the documented history of every cult.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#14 Oct 11, 2012
3OHY wrote:
<quoted text>
People have been protecting the bullied forever. Gays make a major problem out of minor problems because they are a minor problem. All minor problems wanting to swell their ranks focus on minor problems because they have no real appeal. It is the documented history of every cult.
Correct. A mountain out of a mole hill. What would one expect from a mere 2% population representation. Ever notice how gays continue to maneuver themselves into a school, Boy Scouts, Disney, parenting, and most other places children congregate despite the fact by their own relationship have disregarded the ability physically to have children. They wish to share their 'burn' with our youth.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#15 Oct 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Correct. A mountain out of a mole hill. What would one expect from a mere 2% population representation. Ever notice how gays continue to maneuver themselves into a school, Boy Scouts, Disney, parenting, and most other places children congregate despite the fact by their own relationship have disregarded the ability physically to have children. They wish to share their 'burn' with our youth.
1% at most.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#16 Oct 11, 2012
3OHY wrote:
Telling them to "take care of it themselves" is NOT "protecting the bullied". Bullying isn't a "minor problem", but your position on what minority groups wants tells us all we need to know. If a "small" group has a problem, you have no interest in fixing it, you simply judge that their "smallness" makes them easier to ignore, or bully MORE. Just more attempts to silence the people who are trying to solve the problem, and those attempts only come from the people who are the ROOT of the problem.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#17 Oct 11, 2012
We wish to solve the problems that we ourselves experienced, when we WERE youths. We know what they're going through, while you all clearly want everyone looking the other way, so you can continue to victimize any person, or group, who is too small to fight back.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#18 Oct 11, 2012
3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
1% at most.
Entirely possible. I like to aim a little high with some room for error. Speaking of errors. I wonder how long it will take for Joe Biden to swallow his foot tonight.
John

Emory, TX

#19 Oct 11, 2012
NoQ wrote:
Look dude! There have been homosexuals since the beginning of the human race. You are the apparent stupid one. It is still my deduction that you have been sexually abused in your youth. And possibly you haven't broken the chain. Get some help. You have some very serious issues. Denial is very hard to accept.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#20 Oct 11, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
We wish to solve the problems that we ourselves experienced, when we WERE youths. We know what they're going through, while you all clearly want everyone looking the other way, so you can continue to victimize any person, or group, who is too small to fight back.
That's interesting because in the early 80's I don't recall anyone in my class or the class above me or below me having any homosexuals. I know of 2 in my class that turned out to be a lesbian and the other to be gay as adults out of 142. It is up to the school admministrators, not you to deal with bullying in schools. This is merely senationalist journalism in an attempt to inflate your numbers and ego.
You are a cult aren't you?
3OHY

San Jose, CA

#21 Oct 11, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling them to "take care of it themselves" is NOT "protecting the bullied". Bullying isn't a "minor problem", but your position on what minority groups wants tells us all we need to know. If a "small" group has a problem, you have no interest in fixing it, you simply judge that their "smallness" makes them easier to ignore, or bully MORE. Just more attempts to silence the people who are trying to solve the problem, and those attempts only come from the people who are the ROOT of the problem.
Nonsense. The domination games gays exercise are the real bullying. They force others into the game and sometimes it gets rough. You'd claim that lion cubs playing hard is bullying.

Physical bullying has been opposed, confronted and stopped by many people over the ages. Such bullying occurs very seldom and represents extreme behavior, just as is homosexuality. The very essence of homosexuality is exaggerated, exhibitionist behavior. Trying to use reverse psychology to control others is bullying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay-rights activist charged with sex abuse was ... 10 min barefoot2626 20
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 14 min DeborahAllen 26,030
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 20 min Pietro Armando 3,581
Same-sex marriage is just the beginning 23 min Rainbow Kid 15
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 49 min FILTHY RUSSIAN LIARS 2,758
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr barry 2,460
Elton John Founds Frankie Knuckles HIV Fund (Apr '14) 1 hr knuckles deep goa... 17
US judge strikes down Arkansas' gay marriage ba... 2 hr WeTheSheeple 43
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,975
Homosexuality 'promotes bonding' 2 hr Mitt s Airtight D... 57
Gay brains similar to opposite-sex straight brains 7 hr Obvious 29

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE