Many 'Straight' Men Have Gay Sex

Many 'Straight' Men Have Gay Sex

There are 4408 comments on the WebMD Health News story from Sep 18, 2006, titled Many 'Straight' Men Have Gay Sex. In it, WebMD Health News reports that:

Nearly 10% of Self-Proclaimed 'Straight' Men Only Have Sex With Men Sept. 18, 2006 -- Nearly one in 10 men who say they're straight have sex only with other men, a New York City survey finds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WebMD Health News.

baffled

Miami, FL

#2976 Dec 4, 2008
Hi guys. I need your advice. I think I am married to a gay man. He told me he experimented before we got married but swore that was just that. Said he never had a relationship with the men and has no desire to go back. I believed him because he told me of his own will. But now, I find myself wondering. He is not able to keep an erection and if he does, he does not finish. So should I presume he is back to his ways? Divorce him? I asked him and he totally denied. Any ideas??
backroadboy

Houston, TX

#2977 Dec 4, 2008
baffled wrote:
Hi guys. I need your advice. I think I am married to a gay man. He told me he experimented before we got married but swore that was just that. Said he never had a relationship with the men and has no desire to go back. I believed him because he told me of his own will. But now, I find myself wondering. He is not able to keep an erection and if he does, he does not finish. So should I presume he is back to his ways? Divorce him? I asked him and he totally denied. Any ideas??


There could be a number of reasons he is not able to keep an erection or is not able to perform to completion..

These symptoms don't necessairly mean he is seeing dudes on the DL.....
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#2978 Dec 4, 2008
Matt wrote:
I understand what you're saying, just pointing out the possible conflict in terms.
All you gay men are alright in my book as long as you clean up after yourselves in the public restrooms and please stop grunting and moaning when I'm in there with kids on a purely platonic mission, thanks!
:-)
(really, there's no other option at the parks, please post a lookout or something.)
Most men caught in bathroom sex stings identify as heterosexual. NO JOKE. 90% of them do.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#2979 Dec 4, 2008
baffled wrote:
Hi guys. I need your advice. I think I am married to a gay man. He told me he experimented before we got married but swore that was just that. Said he never had a relationship with the men and has no desire to go back. I believed him because he told me of his own will. But now, I find myself wondering. He is not able to keep an erection and if he does, he does not finish. So should I presume he is back to his ways? Divorce him? I asked him and he totally denied. Any ideas??
All I can say is DO NOT PRESSURE HIM into telling you, as he will close up even more. And trust him. He may not be lying. Just roll with it and make him as comfortable as possible. And if he does come out to you, dont reject him; hell need you and youll need him. Trust.

I hope this helps.
Matt

Mcdonough, GA

#2980 Dec 4, 2008
Baffled sounds like she's just looking for a reason to get divorced!

Backroad boy, that's just amazing to me. I saw a show on TV about bears (big straight acting gays) and it's really made me assume that everyone I know is secretly gay. Shocked me actually.

Flyboy, if you're a cop, you might have your own personal opinion on who's saying what when they get busted in the park stings. If you aren't, just for fun, show me where that statistic comes from and which government agency is keeping track of that info. I've never seen a block on a book in form that says "At time of arrest, did subject say they were (circle one) heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual and do you believe them?"

Nobody is keeping track of that- now, in good humor, admit it!:-)
baffled

Miami, FL

#2981 Dec 4, 2008
backroadboy and flyboy, thank you so much for the encouraging advice. I have not pressured him, I am trying not to be judgmental but I cant help wondering...

Matt, that is very rude. I love you him. I am not looking for such a reason.
panTsniffr

United States

#2982 Dec 5, 2008
so can a guy still b considered "straight" if he is married but occasionaly goes to adult theaters to give and recieve handjobs and oral favors from other anonymous men?
...I say only if no one finds out!!
(-:
The Player

Japan

#2983 Dec 5, 2008
baffled wrote:
Hi guys. I need your advice. I think I am married to a gay man. He told me he experimented before we got married but swore that was just that. Said he never had a relationship with the men and has no desire to go back. I believed him because he told me of his own will. But now, I find myself wondering. He is not able to keep an erection and if he does, he does not finish. So should I presume he is back to his ways? Divorce him? I asked him and he totally denied. Any ideas??
How about other alternatives for his erection problems. Could your vagina be a bit loose? Do you need some exercise? Is sex with you boring? Have you 2 been arguing about anything?
Matt

Mcdonough, GA

#2984 Dec 5, 2008


Just watch some porno and you'll see what he wants. Also, why not tell him to bring a friend and let them work you over together- might be a boost for everybody.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#2985 Dec 5, 2008
baffled wrote:
backroadboy and flyboy, thank you so much for the encouraging advice. I have not pressured him, I am trying not to be judgmental but I cant help wondering...
Matt, that is very rude. I love you him. I am not looking for such a reason.
You welcome and good luck. It could be a gruling experience, but you and he will be better at the end.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#2986 Dec 5, 2008
Matt wrote:
Just watch some porno and you'll see what he wants. Also, why not tell him to bring a friend and let them work you over together- might be a boost for everybody.
The 2 guys will just bone each other. That will put the issue to bed (literally) really quick.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#2987 Dec 5, 2008
panTsniffr wrote:
so can a guy still b considered "straight" if he is married but occasionaly goes to adult theaters to give and recieve handjobs and oral favors from other anonymous men?
...I say only if no one finds out!!
(-:
Yes and no. Sexual orientation. Yes, still straight.

But sexual action/preference in the bed. Not really.

Being straight or gay is way more than who you f**k.

Since: Dec 08

New York, NY

#2988 Dec 5, 2008
Hephzibah wrote:
REALITY DEALER:
Well basicaly I agree with alot of what you said, but here comes the probelm. When a straight guy is instantly attracted to a woman that he see in the mall or at the bar, he does not have X-RAY vision to see what is in her pants. All he see is that pretty face, and nice feminine form.
That is why I say if you are attracted to feminity as a male, then you are not gay. It is not the sexual organs that cause the attraction at first, it is the look of the person. Now unless you are dwelling in a nudist camp, then that is something different all together lol.
But if a transexual has a penis, then how will any man on the trolley car know, until she reveals that part to him? That is why I do not feel that dating a trasnexual makes one gay.
Now if a man is attracted to some hulk man such as arnold swatena...whateva.....then he is gay.
Then you have some men who penetrate men, but will never be penetrated, and will kill you fore suggesting it. So where do we classify those type of guys?
So to me it is feminity vs. masculinity. And the choice will determine if a man is gay or not.
I disagree with your assessment.There are alot of misconceptions regarding men attracted to transexuals.First off if a man is attracted to masculinity that does not make him gay.Gay men are attracted to men only.If a gay man claims he has a sexual attraction to women or some woman that in itself is a form of bisexuality(attraction to both sexes to some degree or form).Just because a straight identified man has a sexual attraction to masculine men that does not make him gay.Many heterosexual identified men who are very much attracted to feminity are very much attracted to masculine men also.It all depends on the type of masculine guy your speaking of.Mike tyson is fairly unattractive,yet his type is masculine.

Since: Dec 08

New York, NY

#2989 Dec 5, 2008
If the Mike tyson type looked more like Mario Lopez,Will Smith,the puerto rican guy from that cop show Adam Rodriguez than he has the ability to attract many heterosexual identified men.It happens all the time.Men who are heterosexual and very attractive usually get alot of stares from heterosexual identified men on the street when walking.Its the type of stare and breaking of ones neck that pretty much tells you that heterosexual identified individual observed how attractive the guy was.Certaintly it does not mean he is sexually attracted to him.Yet the chances of the ability to become sexually attracted to that indivdual are quite high.Take me for example.I am a bisexual masculine male and i have been called a Prettyboy by many because of my style.I keep a fresh cut,nice clean cut face and attractive looks.Not to come off as egotistical,conceited yet when i walk the street here in NYC you will not believe the number of heterosexual identified men,especially thugs who stare at me or break there necks to look at me when i walk by.To say these men are gay is absurd because many of these guys are attracted to feminine features.Also as one other poster said the average transexual is not passable.There usually always something a man,especially biological women can see on a transexual that makes it obvious it is not a biological woman.Yet still this does not mean that no man will not have sex with it.Many men will have sex with the ugliest faces,yet find the round apple shaped bottom(BUTT)sexually attractive.Also just because a man is attracted to feminity does not equate to his sexual attraction to a transexual,for many men find the reality of a penis and scrotum attached to a feminine figure not attractive because he seeks a vagina to penetrate which is why there are also many men that are not attracted to transexuals.
As for your statement regarding straight men that usually go out of the norm seeking transexuals and not men.That is not so true.If a man is attracted to feminity that does not equate to his non sexual attraction to masculinity.Though many heterosexual identified claim to not have a sexual attraction to masculinity which may be true,i personally feel that is subject to change based on the masculine individual and his physical appearance.Also alot of these men overcompensate because there is a deep rooted sexual attraction to masculine men that he has not come to terms with or cannot accept due to the constructed norm that MALE TO MALE sexual attraction is totally a sin or wrong.
Matt

Mcdonough, GA

#2990 Dec 5, 2008
Good one flyboy!

Since: Dec 08

New York, NY

#2991 Dec 5, 2008
panTsniffr wrote:
so can a guy still b considered "straight" if he is married but occasionaly goes to adult theaters to give and recieve handjobs and oral favors from other anonymous men?
...I say only if no one finds out!!
(-:
Straight identified,yet in reality NO!.I personally believe many true heterosexuals do not exist in this world.That man that seeks sexual favors of any kind from you and then turns to get them from men is BISEXUAL.
Who are you kidding

Rock Hill, SC

#2992 Dec 5, 2008
If you have sexual contact only with someone of the same sex you are gay. If you have sex only with someone of the opposite sex you are straight. If you have sex with both men and women you are bisexual. If you think you think it isn't that simple you are an idiot.
backroadboy

Houston, TX

#2993 Dec 5, 2008
I am 100% homosexual white boy....No one will argue that issue with me.....

However, another poster on this site said the fact that I only am attracted to black men is not a sexual preference but some kind of mental disorder and a fetish.....

I have had sex with approx 25 different men since year 2000. Only 1 was a caucasian.......the rest have all been black.

If I was not able to be used by black dudes, I would never have sex again.......
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#2994 Dec 5, 2008
Who are you kidding wrote:
If you have sexual contact only with someone of the same sex you are gay. If you have sex only with someone of the opposite sex you are straight. If you have sex with both men and women you are bisexual. If you think you think it isn't that simple you are an idiot.
So, Im guessing you have bi-sexual feelings and CHOOSE to live a straight life. I got ya.

Since: Dec 08

New York, NY

#2995 Dec 5, 2008
Who are you kidding wrote:
If you have sexual contact only with someone of the same sex you are gay. If you have sex only with someone of the opposite sex you are straight. If you have sex with both men and women you are bisexual. If you think you think it isn't that simple you are an idiot.
Shut your ignorant a-s-s up and keep that bullshit off the site.Its pathethic ignorance like this that makes no freaking sense.I find it quite funny some homosexuals and some heterosexuals totally ignore a mans sexual attraction to women and focus the criticism on there attraction to men and try to pigeonhole them into the world of being homosexuals.Its very one-sided and ignorant as hell and it is time for pathethic individuals like you to grow the f--k up and stop this foolishness.It is going on 2009 and the last thing we need is some dumb ignorant childlike mind talking sh-t about some shit his/her a-s-s is totally ignorant towards.Sit your a-s-s down and do not bother responding with such nonsense.Men who attracted to men and women are bisexual.Period.There is an existing sexual attraction to men and woman that the miserable homosexuals refuse to acknowledge as well as the ignorant heterosexuals.It is going on 2009,for once grow the fuck up and get some knowledge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 24 min Wondering 837
News Carlsbad women first gay couple from Eddy Count... (Aug '13) 32 min Katharsis 156
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr positronium 17,398
News Anthony Rapp, Wilson Cruz On Star Trek's First ... 3 hr Wondering 75
News New Trump office would protect conscience right... 3 hr Wondering 4
News Connecticut sees - gay baby boom' 3 hr Wondering 35
Our HALS, in the middle of our street! 3 hr Raquel Africa 1
News UKIP councillor links drug and anti-social beha... 5 hr Wondering 12
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) Wed GodSmacked 27,290
More from around the web