Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17942 Aug 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Sodom and Gomorrah: a charming bible tale that states child rape is a good thing, and god is a psychopath.
<quoted text>
Oh please, elaborate on that one.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17943 Aug 4, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the removal of concreteness and idolatry that predicated the Israelites' intellectual ascendency.
If one reverts to idolatry of a book (a concrete), or degrades law from abstract principles to mere literal juridicalisms or a cultural code, the beneficial function is lost.
Except in science, right?
Thinking

Royston, UK

#17944 Aug 4, 2013
Read your bible, thicko.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, elaborate on that one.
Smile.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#17945 Aug 4, 2013
The Dark Ages ended when people were able to get an education outside of the church.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Change your moniker.
The dark ages lasted until the Bible was released from politicians into the hands of common people.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17946 Aug 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Read your bible, thicko.
<quoted text>
Oh, I know my Bible. I'm asking you to clarify your assertion.

Are you afraid to back it up Bible answer girl?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17947 Aug 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The Dark Ages ended when people were able to get an education outside of the church.
<quoted text>
Oh, now you are the history answer lady!
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#17948 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now you are the history answer lady!
That's a funny way of acknowledging that she is correct.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#17949 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Except in science, right?
Can you say Zzzzzzzziiiiiiiip........ right over your head.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#17950 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Change your moniker.
The dark ages lasted until the Bible was released from politicians into the hands of common people.
Where do you get these crazy ideas?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#17951 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
However, you are ignorant about Jehovah. He is perfect and without fault.
Oh really? Then why did his only son need to die? Except he is really his own son, so he himself had to die. You idiots will believe anything.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#17952 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Oh, now you are the history answer lady!
You couldn't have picked a more perfect moment to show up. I've got a quote on my clipboard from the last thread I was on and even though it has noting to do with whatever in the heck you might be going on about, it is just so you.

"Their ignorance and defiance is a gift. Let's accept it gratefully."

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17953 Aug 4, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You couldn't have picked a more perfect moment to show up. I've got a quote on my clipboard from the last thread I was on and even though it has noting to do with whatever in the heck you might be going on about, it is just so you.
"Their ignorance and defiance is a gift. Let's accept it gratefully."
I guess I'm supposed to say 'thank you'.

Smirk.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#17954 Aug 4, 2013
Try asking properly.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I know my Bible. I'm asking you to clarify your assertion.
Are you afraid to back it up Bible answer girl?
Thinking

Royston, UK

#17955 Aug 4, 2013
Is "lady" meant to be perjorative?
Why?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now you are the history answer lady!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17956 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
True He is everywhere, but the Bible describes His home as Heaven.
Only in a few sections. In others, no.

"Heaven" is not the same as "the heavens", and is not a "place", except in rough colloquial metaphor; kind of like the term "head-space".

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17957 Aug 4, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in a few sections. In others, no.
"Heaven" is not the same as "the heavens", and is not a "place", except in rough colloquial metaphor; kind of like the term "head-space".
So in your bible, it's all meaningless.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#17958 Aug 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Sodom and Gomorrah: a charming bible tale that states child rape is a good thing, and god is a psychopath.
<quoted text>
Yep! That's Lot the daughter f**ker.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#17959 Aug 4, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You couldn't have picked a more perfect moment to show up. I've got a quote on my clipboard from the last thread I was on and even though it has noting to do with whatever in the heck you might be going on about, it is just so you.
"Their ignorance and defiance is a gift. Let's accept it gratefully."
Very good, Rick. That means that every day's Christmas around here.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17960 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your bible, it's all meaningless.
Poor assessment AND reading comprehension.

Psalm 139:7-12

Admittedly, not prophetic utterence.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17961 Aug 5, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor assessment AND reading comprehension.
Psalm 139:7-12
Admittedly, not prophetic utterence.
Hebrews 9:24 (NASB)
24 For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;

It notes that Jesus came to earth and returned to the presence of the Father.

Jesus also gave the promise of sending the third person of the Trinity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 min who cares 12,967
Get Naked with the Jadester Thread 4 min Felix 2
News At gay pride parades, a year to weave sorrow an... 9 min Sneaky Pete 3
News Ohio Democrats highlight bills on gay rights, L... 12 min Roscoe 3
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 14 min No Surprise 4,329
News Gay pride stabber sentenced to life in prison 38 min Roscoe 4
News OPINION: Orlando murders only reinforce the nee... 52 min Dean 2
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 2 hr Ibn Ali Qatari 592
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr lides 37,248
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 5 hr Go Blue Forever 898
More from around the web