Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Read more

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17828 Jul 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I get Lowell, Waste and you mixed up.
That's not all you get mixed up vagina man.

Location hidden

#17829 Jul 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an example of why I don't argue faith with faithless people.
What do you think a Jewish family would put in front of a disciple?
Care to address the central issue that Jesus disregarded key parts of the Mosaic Code?

I thought not. Jesus never limited them to Jewish families. We don't have any idea if they practiced the Mosaic Code faithfully or not. Why was there a herd of pigs in one of the Gospel stories? Who ate the pigs? Who did the pigs belong too? Why did Jesus take it upon himself to destroy the property of others?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17830 Jul 9, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to address the central issue that Jesus disregarded key parts of the Mosaic Code?
I thought not. Jesus never limited them to Jewish families. We don't have any idea if they practiced the Mosaic Code faithfully or not. Why was there a herd of pigs in one of the Gospel stories? Who ate the pigs? Who did the pigs belong too? Why did Jesus take it upon himself to destroy the property of others?
Have you tried to find the answer?

Or are you just interested in scoffing?

You need to ask yourself why you are so adamant about disbelieving something you don't believe in.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17831 Jul 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So Dusty and you both serve Zeus, and you are right because there are just two?
That fallacy just democratically voted you dumb and dumber!
Do I?

(nobody laugh)

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#17832 Jul 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I?
(nobody laugh)
Well, somebody on here is laughably ignorant. And it certainly isn't you.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/feb/01/r...
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2009/0...

Location hidden

#17833 Jul 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you tried to find the answer?
Or are you just interested in scoffing?
You need to ask yourself why you are so adamant about disbelieving something you don't believe in.
I have the answer. Jesus called most of the Law of Moses burdensome and written by men. This has nothing to do with belief and everything to do with reading comprehension.
Saint Benedict Arnold

Pioneer, CA

#17835 Jul 11, 2013
cheese.
Saint Benedict Arnold

Pioneer, CA

#17836 Jul 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the answer. Jesus called most of the Law of Moses burdensome and written by men. This has nothing to do with belief and everything to do with reading comprehension.
I have the answer, Jesus said that God gave Moses the laws and it was reinforced in Corinthians, Romans, and Revelations and that means that if you choose gay you choose hell. This has nothing to do with belief and everything to do with your denial.

Location hidden

#17837 Jul 11, 2013
Saint Benedict Arnold wrote:
<quoted text>I have the answer, Jesus said that God gave Moses the laws and it was reinforced in Corinthians, Romans, and Revelations and that means that if you choose gay you choose hell. This has nothing to do with belief and everything to do with your denial.
That makes Jesus a liar because he disregarded the dietary code, the sacrifice codes, the ritualistic cleanliness codes, associated and touched the unclean, and tossed out divorce dispensations.

Nice going. You worship a Book of lies.

Hell doesn't exist except the way you live your life posting these lies and condemnations phony Christian.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#17838 Jul 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
That makes Jesus a liar because he disregarded the dietary code, the sacrifice codes, the ritualistic cleanliness codes, associated and touched the unclean, and tossed out divorce dispensations.
Nice going. You worship a Book of lies.
Hell doesn't exist except the way you live your life posting these lies and condemnations phony Christian.
Jesus taught a back to the basics form of Judaism, the ONLY laws which were truly relevant, the ten commandments and the two He added. Love God above all else and love thy neighbor as thy self. Everything else should be common sense. The road to God is still on the straight and narrow, but you would know what that means. As long as you're faithful to these commitments to God, you would be in good with him. Jesus rejected all of the Mosaic laws, even for those who were Jewish. He also rejected the idea of temples and religious authority over our day to day lives, he favored civil authority. I wish there were a lot more Christians who were actually listening to Jesus.

Location hidden

#17839 Jul 11, 2013
Saint Benedict Arnold wrote:
<quoted text>I have the answer, Jesus said that God gave Moses the laws and it was reinforced in Corinthians, Romans, and Revelations and that means that if you choose gay you choose hell. This has nothing to do with belief and everything to do with your denial.
Not really.

Yeshua said that Moses did a little legislating all on his lonesome. He also railed against additions that were made. He simplified Mosaic code, essentially ignoring the Levitical and Deuteronomic codes. His focus was primarily the prophetic records in general, and Isaiah in particular.

"Corinthians" and "Romans" only matter if one accepts Saul as a valid source. Definitely not a foregone conclusion, even if it is traditional. "Revelations" was a highly controversial text which only got adopted as part of the canon in the late 8th Century, and has come very close to being removed multiple times for contradictions with other, accepted writings.

Things are nowhere nearly as cut-n-dried as you think they are.

Location hidden

#17840 Jul 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus taught a back to the basics form of Judaism, the ONLY laws which were truly relevant, the ten commandments and the two He added. Love God above all else and love thy neighbor as thy self. Everything else should be common sense. The road to God is still on the straight and narrow, but you would know what that means. As long as you're faithful to these commitments to God, you would be in good with him. Jesus rejected all of the Mosaic laws, even for those who were Jewish. He also rejected the idea of temples and religious authority over our day to day lives, he favored civil authority. I wish there were a lot more Christians who were actually listening to Jesus.
Actually, he did not "add" the great two. They exist in precisely that form in the Torah text. Just saying.

The rest is fine.

this one

#17841 Jul 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
Actually, he did not "add" the great two. They exist in precisely that form in the Torah text. Just saying.
The rest is fine.
In a sense he did, he stripped down all the other nonsense that he said the religion was teaching to just those two ideas. It was something the faith taught, but few enough were practicing when he came along.

Location hidden

#17842 Jul 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus taught a back to the basics form of Judaism, the ONLY laws which were truly relevant, the ten commandments and the two He added. Love God above all else and love thy neighbor as thy self. Everything else should be common sense. The road to God is still on the straight and narrow, but you would know what that means. As long as you're faithful to these commitments to God, you would be in good with him. Jesus rejected all of the Mosaic laws, even for those who were Jewish. He also rejected the idea of temples and religious authority over our day to day lives, he favored civil authority. I wish there were a lot more Christians who were actually listening to Jesus.
Exactly. That's what the Gospels say. It is very clear but most people's reading comprehension skills are sadly deficient. If none of the law actually changed, then only the Ten Commandments pertained too the Law.

Location hidden

#17843 Jul 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The rest is fine.
True. It's the first two.

Location hidden

#17844 Jul 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
Yeshua said that Moses did a little legislating all on his lonesome. He also railed against additions that were made. He simplified Mosaic code, essentially ignoring the Levitical and Deuteronomic codes. His focus was primarily the prophetic records in general, and Isaiah in particular.
"Corinthians" and "Romans" only matter if one accepts Saul as a valid source. Definitely not a foregone conclusion, even if it is traditional. "Revelations" was a highly controversial text which only got adopted as part of the canon in the late 8th Century, and has come very close to being removed multiple times for contradictions with other, accepted writings.
The Bible has him saying, "Moses gave you that law..." in reference to divorce dispensations.

this one

#17845 Jul 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Exactly. That's what the Gospels say. It is very clear but most people's reading comprehension skills are sadly deficient. If none of the law actually changed, then only the Ten Commandments pertained too the Law.
Most Christians end up learning the Bible, not by reading it seriously themselves, nut in the bits and pieces that somebody else is telling them are important. The Bible was clearly written not to be digested in chunks, but as entire works within a larger work. They learn stray verses and have been told that they now know the plot of the story. Usually they don't.

Location hidden

#17846 Jul 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>In a sense he did, he stripped down all the other nonsense that he said the religion was teaching to just those two ideas. It was something the faith taught, but few enough were practicing when he came along.
Very true. Phariseeism had pretty much taken over everywhere outside Jerusalem, where the Sadducees and their temple cult held sway.

this one

#17847 Jul 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
Very true. Phariseeism had pretty much taken over everywhere outside Jerusalem, where the Sadducees and their temple cult held sway.
Mosaic code, to put it as politely as possible, is a convoluted mess at best. In the wrong hands, it was all pretty much going to hell in a hand-basket in the holy land. In walks this Jesus character with some radically different beliefs from the powers that be and the rest is convoluted history.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17848 Jul 12, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
You lie.

Jesus said no such thing.

These things are no where near disputed as you assert they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kentucky argues gay marriage ban not biased 5 min WeTheSheeple 22
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 5 min Pietro Armando 797
News Indiana lawmakers try to quiet firestorm surrou... 5 min NorCal Native 132
News Prisons Show Being Gay's a Choice, Says Ben Carson 5 min Jaimie 2
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 7 min Frankie Rizzo 58,963
News Governor Cuomo bans non-essential state travel ... 7 min nickbo13 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 min Frankie Rizzo 17,855
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 12 min Pietro Armando 1,964
News U.S. corporations pressure two states accused o... 1 hr NorCal Native 26
More from around the web