Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#17668 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Your unBiblical opinion rejected.
Mk 16 he who believeth not shall be DAMNED.
Dumpling, I'm merely telling you what the Bible says, and what it has to say about alleged Christians like you, not good. If you want to reject God's Word, that is entirely up to you, I'm just trying to disabuse you of the silly notion that it is going to work out like you pray.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17669 Jul 5, 2013
How about these failed End Times Predictions Dollar?
May 19, 1719 Jacques (also Jakob I) Bernoulli, the first of a famous line of Swiss mathematicians who made their home in Berne, predicted the return of the comet of 1680 and earth-rending results therefrom. The comet did not come back, perhaps for astronomical reasons, but Bernoulli went on to discover a mathematical series now called the Bernoulli Numbers. He is renowned for this and for the eight exceptional mathematicians his line produced in three generations, but not for Doomsday nor for his astronomical calculations.
October 13, 1736 London was once again targeted for the "beginning of the end," this time by William Whiston. The Thames filled with waiting boatloads of citizens, but it didn't even rain. Another setback.

1801 Astrologer Pierre Turrel (see 1537) chose this date, along with three others, for The End. His first two had already failed by this time. Again, no luck.
1814 Astrologer Pierre Turrel (remember him?) chose this last date for The End. His three others had already failed, and, again no luck! As author Charles Mackay wryly noted, "the world wagged as merrily as before."
1881 Those who delighted in measuring the various passages of the Great Pyramid of Giza, presumed to be the tomb of Cheops, calculated that all would be over in 1881. Careful remeasuring and some imagination gave a better (but not much better) date of 1936. That was improved upon by other students who decided upon 1953 as the terminal year. Further refinements and improvements of technique are still being made. If we get a new date, we'll let you know.

1914 One of three dates the Jehovah's Witnesses promised The End. The others were 1874 and 1975.
1947 In 1889, "America's Greatest Prophet," John Ballou Newbrough, said that for sure in 1947:
all the present governments, religions and all monied monopolies are to be overthrown and go out of existence.... Our present form of so-called Christian religion will overrun America, tear down the American flag, and trample it underfoot. In Europe the disaster will be even more terrible.... Hundreds of thousands of people will be killed.... All nations will be demolished and the earth be thrown open to all people to go and come as they please.
It wasn't a great year, but it wasn't all that bad.
1953 Again, a group of Great Pyramid nuts with their tape-measures figured out this year as the last. Back to the King's Chamber, guys.
1974 Interestingly enough, the conjunction of heavenly bodies that occurred back in 1524 was far, far more powerful than the more recent one described in a silly book titled The Jupiter Effect, written by two otherwise sensible astronomers who, in 1974, predicted dreadful effects on our planet as a result of a March 10, 1982, "alignment" of planets. Other astronomers denied that any effect would be felt, and when the date came and went, as you may have noticed, no one noticed. One of the authors reported that some earthquakes which had occurred in 1980 had been the "premature result of The Jupiter Effect," and the public yawned in amazement.
1975 One of the several dates promised by the Jehovah's Witnesses as The Date. Wrong.
1977 John Wroe, who is described by the kindliest historian we can find as a "foul-mouthed, ugly, dirty lecher," in 1823 inherited the leadership of the Southcottian sect in England when an End-of-the-World prophecy by John Turner failed. Learning from the example, Wroe took no chances. He made his Armageddon prophecy for 1977. A 1971 book, Prophets Without Honor, says of Wroe:
At a time when thermo-nuclear powers face each other across the Iron and Bamboo Curtains, it is well to remember that——as far as can be judged from the scanty records——John Wroe, indeed, was a true prophet!
http://www.randi.org/encyclopedia/appendix3.h...

Location hidden

#17670 Jul 5, 2013
End Times..... any day now..... ROTFLMAO

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17671 Jul 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

You hateful, ignorant bigotry is exposed by your last sentence.
Bigotry would be fundamental churches attempting to thrust their religious opinion onto the institution of civil marriage. Holy Matrimony has NEVER been a requirement for marriage. The UCC has it right; you have it wrong.

Still married. Your opinions still don't matter. You still don't matter. 253 units at our lake-home condo association and even the republicans here recognize us as married.

You're out of touch, out of the loop and out of control. Probably out of Depends undergarments too. Better check the inventory.

Location hidden

#17672 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is back. This is the terminal generation, whether you believe it or not.
“this generation”
Luke 21:32 (NKJV)
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.
LMAO

Go find a good therapist for help with your delusion bro.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17673 Jul 5, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry would be fundamental churches attempting to thrust their religious opinion onto the institution of civil marriage. Holy Matrimony has NEVER been a requirement for marriage. The UCC has it right; you have it wrong.
Still married. Your opinions still don't matter. You still don't matter. 253 units at our lake-home condo association and even the republicans here recognize us as married.
You're out of touch, out of the loop and out of control. Probably out of Depends undergarments too. Better check the inventory.
It's not just real Churches, its EVERY SINGLE religion and culture in history!

Repeat it all you want, one look, and countless differences are obvious between your relationship and marriage.

Is the UCC dead yet, cause all they have are really, really old people...

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17674 Jul 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

No, that was just your congregation. I'll be you send your pension back to them every month, right?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17675 Jul 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just real Churches, its EVERY SINGLE religion and culture in history!
Repeat it all you want, one look, and countless differences are obvious between your relationship and marriage.
Countless?

That mean that you cannot count?

List the first 10 "differences", please.

Location hidden

#17676 Jul 5, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that was just your congregation. I'll be you send your pension back to them every month, right?
Very untrue.

An outer Island community (Holualoa) with 200 active members and lots of young families. Deeply involved in the community and health care missions around the world. Numerous families had foster or adopted children.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Location hidden

#17677 Jul 5, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Countless?
That mean that you cannot count?
List the first 10 "differences", please.
If you
believe denying marriage to a relationship
will prevent love

If you
demand any committed relationship
has to be called marriage

If you
claim rights and benefits can only be acquired
by an imposition on marriage

If you
equate the diversity of two genders
with the redundancy of same genders

If you
desecrate the sacred tradition of all major religions
and violate the historic practice of every single culture in history

If you
believe a fundamental change to the building block of society
will have absolutely no affect

If you
think a law can change
the reality of crucial distinctions in relationships

If you
pretend duplicating sexuality
is the same as blending masculinity and femininity

If you
condemn some children to parents of only one gender
and deliberately deny some children one natural parent

If you
ignore the design of sexual union
to manipulate a harmful act

If you
violate evolution's law of reproduction
to equate a genetic dead end

If you
risk the healthiest human relationship
to include one of the unhealthiest

If you
parallel the sole birthplace of every other relationship
with one that can reproduce none

If you
dilute all these things
down to just 'a committed relationship of two people'

Then, and only then, can you equate same-sex unions with marriage.
wellwellwell

Round Lake, IL

#17678 Jul 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Very untrue.
An outer Island community (Holualoa) with 200 active members and lots of young families. Deeply involved in the community and health care missions around the world. Numerous families had foster or adopted children.
Sorry to disappoint you.
Does Sandy Jo know there is an evil monster posing as her do good husband on Topix? Maybe someone needs to tell her...

Location hidden

#17679 Jul 5, 2013
wellwellwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Sandy Jo know there is an evil monster posing as her do good husband on Topix? Maybe someone needs to tell her...
Message me your name and number, I'll have her call you.
wellwellwell

Round Lake, IL

#17680 Jul 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No thank you, that isn't necessary...I think we ALL have your number and it doesn't add up!

Location hidden

#17681 Jul 5, 2013
wellwellwell wrote:
<quoted text>
No thank you, that isn't necessary...I think we ALL have your number and it doesn't add up!
What's good for the goose isn't good for the gander?

I thought so.

That's okay, she's sitting right next to me.
wellwellwell

Round Lake, IL

#17682 Jul 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

That's okay, she's sitting right next to me.
Please send her my deepest sympathies for having to put up with you!
She deserves much better!
wellwellwell

Round Lake, IL

#17683 Jul 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you really think I would give you...the Topix Psycho my phone number? You are seriously messed up in the head, ask your shrinks.

Location hidden

#17684 Jul 5, 2013
wellwellwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you really think I would give you...the Topix Psycho my phone number? You are seriously messed up in the head, ask your shrinks.
I'd handle it the same way you are handling mine, what are you afraid of?
wellwellwell

Round Lake, IL

#17685 Jul 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd handle it the same way you are handling mine, what are you afraid of?
HELLO, the Topix Psycho!

I am not handling your number, I don't have it - not at all interested in it. I just wondered if your wife knew what a Jekyll/Hyde you are...I guess she does and it makes me sad for her.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17686 Jul 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If you
believe denying marriage to a relationship
will prevent love
If you
demand any committed relationship
has to be called marriage
If you
claim rights and benefits can only be acquired
by an imposition on marriage
If you
equate the diversity of two genders
with the redundancy of same genders
If you
desecrate the sacred tradition of all major religions
and violate the historic practice of every single culture in history
If you
believe a fundamental change to the building block of society
will have absolutely no affect
If you
think a law can change
the reality of crucial distinctions in relationships
If you
pretend duplicating sexuality
is the same as blending masculinity and femininity
If you
condemn some children to parents of only one gender
and deliberately deny some children one natural parent
If you
ignore the design of sexual union
to manipulate a harmful act
If you
violate evolution's law of reproduction
to equate a genetic dead end
If you
risk the healthiest human relationship
to include one of the unhealthiest
If you
parallel the sole birthplace of every other relationship
with one that can reproduce none
If you
dilute all these things
down to just 'a committed relationship of two people'
Then, and only then, can you equate same-sex unions with marriage.
I'm waiting for 10 differences.

Location hidden

#17687 Jul 5, 2013
wellwellwell wrote:
<quoted text>
HELLO, the Topix Psycho!
I am not handling your number, I don't have it - not at all interested in it. I just wondered if your wife knew what a Jekyll/Hyde you are...I guess she does and it makes me sad for her.
Ah, the one pointing out simple reality is now judged, out of all the posters, the psycho.

So telling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay couple, devout baker take cake fight to hig... 3 min EdmondWA 73
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 4 min Dont Resign Kirk 115
first time having gay sex? (men) (Dec '16) 58 min Seth 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Just Think 58,471
News All bets are off at the Supreme Court 2 hr Wondering 28
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 hr Frindly 14,869
What Causes "Homophobia"? 7 hr Little Robbie 3
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 8 hr ThomasA 336
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 9 hr NotSoDivineMsM 26,922
More from around the web