Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17477 Jun 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting from that silly collection of ancient Jewish Puppet Plays does not prove anything except that you can copy and paste.
God called you "ignorant". I'll believe Him.

1 Corinthians 14:37-38 (NKJV)
37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17478 Jun 25, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You just lied again R1. Paul's letters have nothing to do with commandments of the Lord. Are you really this daft?
God called you "ignorant".

37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17479 Jun 25, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God is the Author of the Bible.
"the word of God"
1 Thessalonians 2:13 (NKJV)
13 For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.
Can you prove God exists?

Can you prove God wrote the Bible using readily verifiable non-ontological arguments?

Circular reasoning such as yours is unconvincing. The word of Paul is far from proof R1.

Location hidden

#17480 Jun 25, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me. Paul is NOT God. You have made a false idol of Paul.

Location hidden

#17481 Jun 25, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you quit quoting that piece of crap NKJV?

Quoting the most fraudulent version of the Bible only makes you look all the more idiotic.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17482 Jun 25, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove God exists?
Of course. Israel was dead and is alive because Jesus was dead and is alive. This is the terminal generation.

"this generation"

Luke 21:32 (NKJV)
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17483 Jun 25, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me. Paul is NOT God. You have made a false idol of Paul.
And that's your "unGodly" opinion.

Psalm 1:1 (NKJV)
1 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17484 Jun 25, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you quit quoting that piece of crap NKJV?
Quoting the most fraudulent version of the Bible only makes you look all the more idiotic.
All English Bibles condemn you to Hell.

"the things which I write to you are the Lord's commandment"

1 Corinthians 14:37 (NASB)
37 If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord's commandment.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17485 Jun 26, 2013
Aren't you guys fed up with the little creep YET?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#17486 Jun 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is the same as marriage, except for two things.
You can't claim God's direction,
Sure they can. After all, everyone who believes in God has their own personal definition of God and understanding of said God's behaviors. As such, anybody can claim absolutely anything about God and it's equally valid as anybody else's claim.
KiMare wrote:
and you can't remove mating behavior, even though it is pointless and defective with ss couples.
So, you admit there IS mating behavior between same-sex couples. Great. Now, as soon as that's relevant to the legal definition of marriage, which is all we're talking about, you'll begin to have a point. Whenever you're ready.
KiMare wrote:
That is why a ss couple seeks to remove it and children from the equation.
Mating behavior and children are not part of the legal definition of marriage, though children are part of a set of rights and obligations that come about as a result (not qualification) of marriage. Still, you have yet to make a legally valid point. Maybe it's coming in the next bit?
KiMare wrote:
Which brings us to your next point. Protections and benefits. Those were designed for mating behavior and it's fruit. Something you've said isn't a part over and over.
All you need is a contract. Get it, and quite trying to impose an imposter relationship on marriage.
So, again, you're presenting arguments against marriage in general except for people who WILL or DO have children. And, as same-sex couples CAN and DO have children by many of the same means as heterosexual couples do, your point is moot.
KiMare wrote:
As to parenting, you are not comparing parents, you are comparing behavior. No default situation beats biological parents. Just ask the kid.
Abusive biological parents are better than caring nurturing same-sex couples. Great. Thanks for the confirmation.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17487 Jun 26, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they can. After all, everyone who believes in God has their own personal definition of God and understanding of said God's behaviors. As such, anybody can claim absolutely anything about God and it's equally valid as anybody else's claim.
<quoted text>
So, you admit there IS mating behavior between same-sex couples. Great. Now, as soon as that's relevant to the legal definition of marriage, which is all we're talking about, you'll begin to have a point. Whenever you're ready.
<quoted text>
Mating behavior and children are not part of the legal definition of marriage, though children are part of a set of rights and obligations that come about as a result (not qualification) of marriage. Still, you have yet to make a legally valid point. Maybe it's coming in the next bit?
<quoted text>
So, again, you're presenting arguments against marriage in general except for people who WILL or DO have children. And, as same-sex couples CAN and DO have children by many of the same means as heterosexual couples do, your point is moot.
<quoted text>
Abusive biological parents are better than caring nurturing same-sex couples. Great. Thanks for the confirmation.
What an idiotic claim. All belief systems are equal???

Of course mating behavior exists with homosexuals. The question is why? Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?

We were not discussing legal definitions that gays are trying to change. We were discussing the inherent, unchangeable differences between SS couples and marriage.

'Many' is an extreme exaggeration that also ignores the deprivation of a parent and gender that SS couples delete.

Birth parents are by far the best and safest for children. SS couples are the worst default situation, ranking behind single parents.

Location hidden

#17488 Jun 26, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. Israel was dead and is alive because Jesus was dead and is alive. This is the terminal generation.
"this generation"
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.
More Bible babble.

How idiotic. This generation was Paul's generation fool. The Bible predicts nothing.

Location hidden

#17489 Jun 26, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
All English Bibles condemn you to Hell.
"the things which I write to you are the Lord's commandment"
1 Corinthians 14:37 (NASB)
37 If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord's commandment.
Bible don't condemn. Only fools like you go around condemning people.

R1. Are you still traveling around the Southern States masquerading as a Christian selling snake oil?

Location hidden

#17490 Jun 26, 2013
snyper wrote:
Aren't you guys fed up with the little creep YET?
You talking about R1, the phony creep from Texas. He is Topic's biggest POS. He almost got away with the Dollar handle but exposed himself with his reprobate nonsense.

Location hidden

#17491 Jun 26, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"this generation"
Phony Bible translation, phony Christian. ROTFLMAO
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#17492 Jun 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote: Projection? You make the assertion, I simply applied it to your life. Which of your parents was unnecessary, your mom or dad? Apparently your children didn't need their father. Is that how they feel?
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T0I77PKMN...
<quoted text>
A fail?
Because you refuse to answer the question at the root of your assertions?
Hardly honey. You prove my point.
someone applied the clueless ocon to your post i'm quoting - and they nailed it in that one "vote".

you've got a blind spot when it comes to gay people. admit it. you claim not to hate gays, but it's there in every posting. the snide remarks.

you're hopeless.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#17493 Jun 26, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"this generation"
are you sure you're not from pekin, ill.?

Location hidden

#17495 Jun 26, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
are you sure you're not from pekin, ill.?
That's David's boyfriend R1 from Texas.

Location hidden

#17496 Jun 26, 2013
DOMA is down flat.

Perry was vacated as having no Standing to Petition. PropH8 stands.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#17497 Jun 26, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
All gays here are BLATANT liars.
So you pray.
dollarsbill wrote:
I'm not gay. Never have been.
With do apologies to your opposite sex, thank God for that. We've got more than enough damaged by Christianity closet cases that need our help.
dollarsbill wrote:
But you gays go ahead and keep proving you have "REPROBATE MINDS" like God said you do. You can't hide your "reprobate minds". God won't let you.
So you pray sweetie, but God still doesn't know you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 6 min Frindly 1,115
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 min Frindly 7,120
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 min yehoshooah adam 52,258
News Trump's transgender troops ban divides veterans... 33 min Red Cloud 86
News Trump bans transgender people from military 4 hr Ms Sassy 71
Gay Sugar Daddy Sugar Baby Seeker? 7 hr West 1
News The Latest: Duckworth says transgender ban disc... 7 hr Jaysus Sharia 57
News Study: 12,000 acts of condomless gay sex, 0 HIV... 7 hr Really 78
More from around the web