Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#17335 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God of the Bible who raised Israel from the dead as He foretold. This is the terminal generation.
Right. Lightning, therefore Zeus. What part of that don't you understand?

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17336 Jun 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Lightning, therefore Zeus. What part of that don't you understand?
Why don't know Israel is back from the dead as God foretold. This is the terminal generation.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#17337 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
And neither am I the Author of the Bible. It is He you are attacking. You will lose. They will soon come for you.
I'm attacking no one, merely your ugly, morally offensive choice of beliefs that you blame on God and the Bible. I realize you are willfully blind to the difference, but it is not one and the same. You are not God nor do you speak for him cupcake, you speak for NOTHING more than you.

this one

#17338 Jun 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Hell doesn't exist.
Any eternity shared with our dear Christian friend would certainly qualify, so don't dismiss the possibility.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17339 Jun 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I'm attacking no one, merely your ugly, morally offensive choice of beliefs that you blame on God and the Bible. I realize you are willfully blind to the difference, but it is not one and the same. You are not God nor do you speak for him cupcake, you speak for NOTHING more than you.
Your remarks are aimed at God of the Bible cupcake. I quote Him.

this one

#17340 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Your remarks are aimed at God of the Bible cupcake. I quote Him.
No dear, they are expressly for you. You can blame God and the Bible for your choices all you want, but it is you and your choices I am addressing.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17341 Jun 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>No dear, they are expressly for you. You can blame God and the Bible for your choices all you want, but it is you and your choices I am addressing.
All my beliefs are based on the Bible. You are attacking God.

this one

#17342 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
All my beliefs are based on the Bible. You are attacking God.
So you pray sweetie and you keep giving us tortured verses to convince us that you're right, but the ONLY one who can affirm that is God and you still aren't God. Sorry, sweetie, but I don't believe in you either.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17343 Jun 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>So you pray sweetie and you keep giving us tortured verses to convince us that you're right, but the ONLY one who can affirm that is God and you still aren't God. Sorry, sweetie, but I don't believe in you either.
I'm not trying to convince you. Where did you get that idea. Who said God wants you? Not me.

Romans 1 "God gave them up" "men with men"

this one

#17344 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
I'm not trying to convince you.
You aren't?
dollarsbill wrote:
Where did you get that idea.
Maybe it's your hundreds of posts to various threads where you endlessly insist that the good Lord feels the same way about us as you insist he does.
dollarsbill wrote:
Who said God wants you? Not me.
God does, you haven't actually read the Bible have you? In the grand scheme of things dear, you simply do not matter.
dollarsbill wrote:
Romans 1 "God gave them up" "men with men"
For somebody not trying to convince me of anything, you're still trying awfully hard to convince me that your tortured interpretation is right.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17345 Jun 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't? <quoted text>Maybe it's your hundreds of posts to various threads where you endlessly insist that the good Lord feels the same way about us as you insist he does. <quoted text>God does, you haven't actually read the Bible have you? In the grand scheme of things dear, you simply do not matter.
<quoted text>For somebody not trying to convince me of anything, you're still trying awfully hard to convince me that your tortured interpretation is right.
God only wants those who repent. That lets you out. Gay liars burn in Hell.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#17346 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God only wants those who repent. That lets you out. Gay liars burn in Hell.
&NR =1&feature=endscreen

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17347 Jun 23, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between and /observation-analysis and an evaluation.
You conflate the two (and hope that no one would notice?).
Are you still confused about it?

Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective, pointlessly duplicate gendered failure of mating behavior.

Do you have a scientific analysis or evaluation that discounts that?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#17348 Jun 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> ... Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior ...
That is wither a postulate or an assertion.

It isn't a conclusion to be used as an arguing point until it's supported and PROVEN.

I can wait.

Until then, it remains an Argumentum ad Repetitio Fallacy.

Location hidden

#17349 Jun 23, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That is wither a postulate or an assertion.
It isn't a conclusion to be used as an arguing point until it's supported and PROVEN.
I can wait.
Until then, it remains an Argumentum ad Repetitio Fallacy.
It is part and parcel of evolutionary theory. Is evolution invalid too?

Location hidden

#17350 Jun 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is part and parcel of evolutionary theory. Is evolution invalid too?
So you claim. Demonstrate it with valid, authoritative supporting materials.

C'MON! This is high school-level essay criteria.

Location hidden

#17351 Jun 23, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
So you claim. Demonstrate it with valid, authoritative supporting materials.
C'MON! This is high school-level essay criteria.
Here it is again;

http://voices.yahoo.com/
analyzing-human-mating-behavio r-1020545.html?cat=41

Location hidden

#17352 Jun 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here it is again;
http://voices.yahoo.com/
analyzing-human-mating-behavio r-1020545.html?cat=41
I didn't comment on that before because it doesn't make, or even support, your pet assertion.

At the very least, the author of the work under discussion notes a similarity between mating imperatives among non-human animals and human behaviors, then goes on to ASSUME an identity correlation and build his thesis upon it.

It's just a fancy construct predicated upon a cluster of unproven hypotheses. He attempts, as is frequently the case among tyros or the poorly trained in the discipline, to prove his premises by his conclusions. Precisely backwards.

Regardless, it neither directly provides, nor indirectly supports, your pet assertion in ANY particular. If you can't see that, you were ill-served by whomever it was that introduced you to the Social Science disciplines.

Honestly, progression in one of the Social Sciences is very dependent up achieving competence in all of them. If you are weak in one, the others will suffer immensely, and not a little nonsense makes it's way into print as a result.

Location hidden

#17353 Jun 23, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't comment on that before because it doesn't make, or even support, your pet assertion.
At the very least, the author of the work under discussion notes a similarity between mating imperatives among non-human animals and human behaviors, then goes on to ASSUME an identity correlation and build his thesis upon it.
It's just a fancy construct predicated upon a cluster of unproven hypotheses. He attempts, as is frequently the case among tyros or the poorly trained in the discipline, to prove his premises by his conclusions. Precisely backwards.
Regardless, it neither directly provides, nor indirectly supports, your pet assertion in ANY particular. If you can't see that, you were ill-served by whomever it was that introduced you to the Social Science disciplines.
Honestly, progression in one of the Social Sciences is very dependent up achieving competence in all of them. If you are weak in one, the others will suffer immensely, and not a little nonsense makes it's way into print as a result.
Interesting.

It is written by a woman who supports gay marriage.

Oops...

All assertions are referenced.

Oops...

It is a slightly more descriptive explanation of mine;

At the most basic essence,

Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

Oops...

You didn't comment because you are denying reality.

Oops...

The only argument you present is false claims of debate violations, because you have no honest, direct rebuttal.

Oops...

this one

#17354 Jun 23, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
God only wants those who repent.
Sweetie, I've read the book, that is far from the only qualification. I realize that it would be the first thing to come to YOUR mind, you must have to do it, a lot, but repentance alone gets you nowhere.
dollarsbill wrote:
That lets you out. Gay liars burn in Hell.
Not your call to make dumpling. Why do you keep confusing yourself with God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Philippines' Duterte says he supports gay marriage 1 min Rainbow Kid 1
News Conservative woman wonders if BFF is homosexual... 20 min Rainbow Kid 4
Meadow Grove Crime Blotter 21 min Meadow Grove PD 1
News Indonesia court rejects bid to outlaw extramari... 26 min Rainbow Kid 4
News Why Is It So Hard For The TV News To Say 'Gay'? 28 min Rainbow Kid 7
News a CDC ban on 'fetus' and 'transgender?' Experts... 36 min Rainbow Kid 3
News a CDC ban on 'fetus' and 'transgender?' Experts... 40 min Red Crosse 7
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 44 min cpeter1313 15,010
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 1 hr Red Crosse 368
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 2 hr Kirk is OK 148
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) Fri GodSmacked 26,930
More from around the web