Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
15,381 - 15,400 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And tidal waves are real, just as Poseidon said, therefore Poseidon is real.
http://genzoman.deviantart.com/art/Poseidon-1...
REAL.
Care to exercise more rigorous standards of evidence? Or, shall we demonstrate that all the gods of every culture throughout the history of mankind are real based on the existence of various natural things?
The OT is about Israel O Biblically ignorant one. Israel is back EXACTLY as God foretold. This is the terminal generation.

"this generation"

Luke 21:32 (NKJV)
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but Israel is back and real, just as God foretold. This is the terminal generation.
"this generation"
Luke 21:32 (NKJV)
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster created pirates and pasta, just as he said he did in the Gospel of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. We still see pasta and pirates so according to your standards that is PROOF that The Flying Spaghetti Monster is real.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Kami Sureiya wrote:
<quoted text>
The Flying Spaghetti Monster created pirates and pasta, just as he said he did in the Gospel of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. We still see pasta and pirates so according to your standards that is PROOF that The Flying Spaghetti Monster is real.
I suggest you read the OT and find a map. Israel is back as God foretold.

Isaiah 11:11-12 (NKJV)
11 It shall come to pass in that day That the LORD shall set His hand again the second time To recover the remnant of His people who are left, From Assyria and Egypt, From Pathros and Cush, From Elam and Shinar, From Hamath and the islands of the sea. 12 He will set up a banner for the nations, And will assemble the outcasts of Israel, And gather together the dispersed of Judah From the four corners of the earth.

And HE did. This is the terminal generation.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Like POJC! Biblically ignorant and Hellbound.
You are unwise,unfriendly and therefor unfit to be a witness for the Lord at this tempo.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Kami Sureiya wrote:
<quoted text>
We also have pasta and pirates so that means The Flying Spaghetti Monster is real.
Off your meds again?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you read the OT and find a map. Israel is back as God foretold.
Isaiah 11:11-12 (NKJV)
11 It shall come to pass in that day That the LORD shall set His hand again the second time To recover the remnant of His people who are left, From Assyria and Egypt, From Pathros and Cush, From Elam and Shinar, From Hamath and the islands of the sea. 12 He will set up a banner for the nations, And will assemble the outcasts of Israel, And gather together the dispersed of Judah From the four corners of the earth.
And HE did. This is the terminal generation.
I suggest you go to olive garden and see pasta, then pick up a book and read about pirates, or go to Somalia and see some pirates.

They exist because The Flying Spaghetti Monster created them, he said so in the Gospel of The Flying. Spaghetti Monster. PROOF that The Flying Spaghetti Monster is real.
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Kami Sureiya wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you go to olive garden and see pasta, then pick up a book and read about pirates, or go to Somalia and see some pirates.
They exist because The Flying Spaghetti Monster created them, he said so in the Gospel of The Flying. Spaghetti Monster. PROOF that The Flying Spaghetti Monster is real.
So, where can I pick up a copy of FSM's Gospel?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well DUH! Of course God made everyone EXACTLY as He pleased. And He offers ABSOLUTE pardon for we who can repent. Repent IF YOU CAN. Or burn in Hell forever.
2 Thessalonians 2:13 (NKJV)
13 God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,
Ah, good to see dollarsbill's unnatural obsession with hell is still going strong...such fine Christian love...

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Yeah.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
So, where can I pick up a copy of FSM's Gospel?
Here is a link to the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, you can go to the store link on their page.

http://www.venganza.org/

and here is the link to the Holy Book of the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

http://www.loose-canon.info/

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well DUH! Of course God made everyone EXACTLY as He pleased. And He offers ABSOLUTE pardon for we who can repent. Repent IF YOU CAN. Or burn in Hell forever.
2 Thessalonians 2:13 (NKJV)
13 God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,
How can people tell if they can repent?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

www.scribd.com/doc/149235714 ...

“praying for you!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
So you don't believe in free will then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>
absolutely, we do have free will
but that doesn't mean God isn't fully aware of what will happen from begining to end either.
your free will doesn't over ride His all knowing power.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Walterwalter wrote:
<quoted text>
but that doesn't mean God isn't fully aware of what will happen from begining to end either.
So, we're only free to do what he's already decided we're going to do. We can't veer from the path he already has laid out for us. If we can't choose to do anything other than what has already been determined, how is that free will?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
And that's your Satanic reprobate lie dear.
Romans 1 "men with men" "God gave them over to a REPROBATE MIND".
You just keep praying that buttercup. It won't do you a damned bit of good, but it will keep you off the streets and away from actual human beings.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, list the study with the methods used for it.
Then explain why any heterosexual default family falls drastically behind birth parent results, but default lesbian couples excel.
How's fathers day around your house?
heartandmind wrote:
Honey, I read every study I can find. I'm familiar with most of these.

But you missed my point. Enough distortion in these studies has been verified suspect. Hence my request to include the study methods.

And, I keep asking, how is it that kids of default hetero parents rank significantly lower than birth parents, but the claim is that lesbian couples EQUATE OR RATE BETTER than natural parents???

AND, do you notice gay couples are suspiciously absent in these studies???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the law, marriage IS a contract between two people.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...
Yeah, We've been married nearly 37 years, and that is EXACTLY how we view marriage every day...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, We've been married nearly 37 years, and that is EXACTLY how we view marriage every day...
The Law is wisely minimalist in order to leave sovereign individuality as untouched as possible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The Law is wisely minimalist in order to leave sovereign individuality as untouched as possible.
And it only addresses prevailing interest in a relationship. That interest does now wholly define the relationship.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Walterwalter wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who is capable of basic logic can see that statement is BS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••