Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#15607 May 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Already did.
Romans 1 "God gave them up unto VILE passions" "men with men"
So, you refuse to accept the truth even when it is right before you? And continue to lie about it as well?

That fragment of a verse shows what happened when they were given up. The earlier part of the passage tells WHY God gave them up: they worshiped false gods, like Jews who started worshiping Jesus.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#15608 May 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it requires another deliberate lie by you.
The Hebrew word 'exceeded' is never translated or used for orgasm.
How gay.
Smile.
Really? And just where did you study Hebrew? Or were you merely going off of a concordance written a few decades ago, during more "repressed" times?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15609 May 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I NEVER lie. It is SOOOOOOO much more fun to stick to the truth.
:)
Enjoy:

Homosexuals and sodomites "will not inherit the Kingdom of God".

1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

Rom 1 "God gave them up to VILE passions" "men with men"

"abomination"

Leviticus 20:13 (NKJV)
13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

Genesis 13:13 (NKJV)
13 But the men of Sodom were exceedingly wicked and sinful against the LORD.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#15610 May 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say "Zeus". DUH!
No. You mentioned one of your false gods. Zeus and the others from Olympus are the true gods. Your refusal to make offerings to Zeus does not please him, and you are choosing eternal suffering in Hades. But, you could repent and change your ways. You still have time.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15611 May 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child...
Deuteronomy 21:15 If a man have two wives...
<quoted text>
Or a man and a man, as the marriage of David and Johnathan clearly shows.
Except there are plenty of exceptions to that. I can find prohibitions between a man and a betrothed woman or another man's wife, prohibitions of rape, between a man and a temple prostitute (both male and female, but addressed separately), between various degrees of kinship, beasts, etc. But where is the prohibition of premarital sex between a man and an UNbetrothed woman? Of course, this would have been rare, since the father would have wanted to marry her off as quickly as possible, but the big problem here seems to be the possibility of selling "damaged goods" at full price - claiming that she is a virgin when she is not.
One of the complaints that my Jewish friends have with xianity is the excess value placed on pre-marital abstinence - it is not a Jewish value, or at least not as highly valued as in xianity.
Lying idiot reprobate...

1. Deuteronomy 21:15 (NASB)
15 "If a man has two wives, the one loved and the other unloved, and both the loved and the unloved have borne him sons, if the firstborn son belongs to the unloved..."

There is a reason why you stopped the quote. Like divorce it addresses dealing with a negative circumstance, not an approved behavior.

2. David and Jonathon were not 'clearly' married. As I noted, there is no such thing as ss marriage in the Bible. You divert from that fact with a meaningless, deceitful gay portrayal of fornication.

Your friends are as perverted as you are. I assume they are idiots too.

Smile.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#15612 May 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
All our English Bibles condemn gays to Hell. You are without excuse.
So you pray dear, but I know better. You can have all the certitude in the world in the accuracy of your choice of beliefs sweetie, but you are not God and your prophesying, decidedly false.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#15613 May 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The same laws that dictate science also operate in the moral and spiritual realm. Like it or not. You choose, not God. The Law warns you about that choice. Jesus provides deliverance.
If man did not have free will, he would be a robot. You want me to condemn God for giving you a choice.
Smile.
But, to be clear: you do not disagree that God/the Bible do not condemn slavery, and you do agree that God/the Bible has instructions regarding who can be enslaved, how to treat them, and how slaves can be sold, as well as commands to enslave other people.

If I don't condemn murder, and I provide instructions for murder, and command someone to murder another, do I condone murder?

Do you continue to think that God/the Bible does not condone slavery?

Every time you avoid answering the question, it demonstrates that you are too dishonest to admit your own fallibility.

Location hidden

#15614 May 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
In their original language, Paul's words contradict what the Bible says, therefore he is a false prophet. The words in that particular verse were then mistranslated from the Greek to English.
<quoted text>
I rather doubt that an orgy would be considered acceptable. On the other hand, this was long before Leviticus, so those rules could not apply
<quoted text>
Sodom was engaged in evil - that lack of hospitality was an act of murder - and tow'evah: "abomination" in that they worshiped foreign Gods. At least according to Ezekiel. Now if you want to say that the prophet got it wrong, that is your call.
By looking back, Lot's wife was expressing a desire to return to a city engaged in murder and the worship of foreign Gods.
1. No Paul's words don't. The vast majority of Biblical scholars disagree with you.

2. The actions of the Sodomites didn't look like murder or inhospitality, they looked like gay sex.

Lot's wife was missing the murder? Are you serious?

Just when I think you could not be more idiotic...

SMirk.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#15615 May 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. That is why you wouldn't be saying there what you are saying here.
Idiot.
Smile.
<quoted text>
The Enlightenment principles were rooted in people having access to the Bible, establishing the dignity of all humanity.
Yes there have been brief and rare times where Judeo/Christianity was misused. That is a far cry from the endemic religious discrimination seen historically to this day in Islam.
Keep trying idiot.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Apparently the vast bulk of Christian history missed your assertion that the Bible promotes what you see going on across the Islamic world to this day. The misuse in Christianity has been brief, limited and rare.
You are a biased idiot.
Smile.
Define "brief, limited, and rare." How many centuries comprises "brief?" How many continents and people need to be involved for it to be "limited?" How many incidents comprise "rare?"

Location hidden

#15616 May 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You mentioned one of your false gods. Zeus and the others from Olympus are the true gods. Your refusal to make offerings to Zeus does not please him, and you are choosing eternal suffering in Hades. But, you could repent and change your ways. You still have time.
When they come for you you will remember.

Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

this one

#15617 May 22, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
Typical troll behaviour. Attack what you don't understand, just like a troll does.
What you don't seem to get, is that I understand your hubris better than you hope and know the Bible better than most self-professed Christians in the room. You're just running away from the challenge. Thanks for playing, but you're dismissed...

Location hidden

#15618 May 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>So you pray dear, but I know better. You can have all the certitude in the world in the accuracy of your choice of beliefs sweetie, but you are not God and your prophesying, decidedly false.
Your lying, sodomite, Satanic opinion noted and rejected.

Homosexuals and sodomites "will not inherit the Kingdom of God"

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

Location hidden

#15619 May 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it requires another deliberate lie by you.
The Hebrew word 'exceeded' is never translated or used for orgasm.
How gay.
Smile.
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? And just where did you study Hebrew? Or were you merely going off of a concordance written a few decades ago, during more "repressed" times?
Why the insinuations? Give us your source.

SMile.

Location hidden

#15620 May 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. No Paul's words don't. The vast majority of Biblical scholars disagree with you.
2. The actions of the Sodomites didn't look like murder or inhospitality, they looked like gay sex.
Lot's wife was missing the murder? Are you serious?
Just when I think you could not be more idiotic...
SMirk.
He is a sodomite. It's easy to see why God said,

"God gave them up to VILE passions"

this one

#15621 May 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Your lying, sodomite, Satanic opinion noted and rejected.
You just keep praying that dear heart. It won't do you any good, but God could use the laugh.
dollarsbill wrote:
Homosexuals and sodomites "will not inherit the Kingdom of God"
No matter how many times you quote this deliberately mistranslated verse, you will never make it true for anyone but you. False prophets DEFINITELY don't get into heaven sweetie, you have a hell of a lot to worry about yourself.

Location hidden

#15622 May 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
No matter how many times you quote this deliberately mistranslated verse,
No matter how many times you repeat that Satanic lie ...

All English Bibles condemn gays to eternal Hell fire. Prove otherwise.

You're just another sodomite to God.

this one

#15623 May 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
No matter how many times you repeat that Satanic lie ...
All English Bibles condemn gays to eternal Hell fire. Prove otherwise.
You're just another sodomite to God.
Sweetie, you're absolutely nobody to God, he clearly doesn't know you and your claim that you know him is just too funny. Oh and FYI, you're in all probability a "sodomite" yourself, you really should look up the acts covered under the notion of sodomy. You don't have to be with someone of the same sex to be a sodomite dear, in your case, you do it all by yourself.

Location hidden

#15624 May 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you're absolutely nobody to God, he clearly doesn't know you and your claim that you know him is just too funny. Oh and FYI, you're in all probability a "sodomite" yourself, you really should look up the acts covered under the notion of sodomy. You don't have to be with someone of the same sex to be a sodomite dear, in your case, you do it all by yourself.
You are a sodomite. Not me. You are condemned to Hell. Not me. Those are Biblical facts. Care to deny that you are a sodomite?

Now prove that this is mistranslated.

Homosexuals and sodomites "will not inherit the Kingdom of God".

Location hidden

#15627 May 22, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =48rz8udZBmQXX
Can't you converse? Of course you can't.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#15628 May 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You just keep praying that dear heart. It won't do you any good, but God could use the laugh.
<quoted text>No matter how many times you quote this deliberately mistranslated verse, you will never make it true for anyone but you. False prophets DEFINITELY don't get into heaven sweetie, you have a hell of a lot to worry about yourself.
I think you need to learn THE Bible sweetie!

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals.

1 Timothy 1:10
fornicators, men who practice homosexuality, kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and everything else that is contrary to healthy teaching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 23 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 2,907
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 52 min WasteWater 26,784
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 1 hr WEPORKHICKS 128
Critics Claim Religious Freedom Act Legalizes B... 1 hr L Craig s Hush Pu... 30
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr Pietro Armando 5,053
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 51,262
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 1 hr RevKen 52
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 2 hr Karla 68,527
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Terra Firma 5,676
More from around the web