Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#15587 May 22, 2013
Oh my, you're not too bright, are you.

You criticised Waste Water - yet your bible tells you how to eat sh!t.
Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
and how does this relate to my comment?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#15588 May 22, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a typical example of equivocation. You use no particular verses and I for one am NOT interested in hunting down alleged support for gay marriage. The Bible is full of loving relationships that are NOT gay. Jesus and the "disciple that Jesus loved" is one such example. There are always those like you who want to slant scripture but never provide any proof or take it so far OUT of context and proper hermeneutical understanding as to be ludicrous.
Oh, and I forgot to point out that the beloved disciple could have been Jesus's gay husband, but I personally think it far more likely that the early church changed the word from female to male: that was a reference to the WIFE of Jesus. Mary of Magdala, most likely, since the claims of her being a prostitute were also an invention of the early church, in a feeble attempt to downplay sexuality.

#15589 May 22, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bloody likely based on what I've read so far.
Your loss.
Stan53 wrote:
Are you Jewish?
No. But some of my best friends are Jewish...

#15590 May 22, 2013
Paul was a false prophet. Your English version is a mistranslation of the words of a false prophet.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Two lies don't equal truth. DUH!
My point exactly. Could it be that you are beginning to understand the profound depths of your own ignorance?

#15591 May 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"God gave them up to VILE passions" "men with men"
Romans 1:26-27 (NKJV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
Quoting out of context is just another form of lying...

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up...

Now, once again, ca you tell the class WHY they were given up?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15592 May 22, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You still incorrectly assume (for trolling purpose only) that gay men MUST participate in anal sex in order to be gay. I can tell you, without reservation, that plenty of men enjoy a variety of erotic pursuits without anal. Even so, if others enjoy anal, that's entirely their business.
Given that millions of str8 couples enjoy anal sex, heterosexuality must be a defect too.
I never asserted that gays 'must' do anything, or that straights don't also engage in an inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act.

The difference is, gays have no safe, normal alternative to intercourse. Hence, at the most intimate level, a vast difference between ss couples and marriage.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#15593 May 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. That is why you wouldn't be saying there what you are saying here.
Idiot.
Smile.
<quoted text>
The Enlightenment principles were rooted in people having access to the Bible, establishing the dignity of all humanity.
Yes there have been brief and rare times where Judeo/Christianity was misused. That is a far cry from the endemic religious discrimination seen historically to this day in Islam.
Keep trying idiot.
Smile.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it being "misused" when they were following the divine commands found within the Bible? Why is it "misuse" when it's YOUR favored religion, but it's not when it's someone else's religion?
The bias you display is really quite special. If you could see yourself from outside, you'd be horrified at what an ass you are.
Apparently the vast bulk of Christian history missed your assertion that the Bible promotes what you see going on across the Islamic world to this day. The misuse in Christianity has been brief, limited and rare.

You are a biased idiot.

Smile.

Location hidden

#15594 May 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
Even if it did, anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Oh sit on it.
If you want to confuse a septic system for a playground, and stick something up a poop chute, it only exposes a defect.
Smile.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you agree that oral sex is inherently dangerous, harmful, and demeaning? What about masturbation? Is that inherently dangerous, harmful, and demeaning?
So you admit that anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

SMile.

Location hidden

#15595 May 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
But, you agree that God did not CONDEMN slavery. If you don't CONDEMN slavery, what are you doing? You're CONDONING it. If you don't condemn murder, and you give commands to commit murder and instructions on how to murder, are you condoning murder?
If God didn't condemn slavery, and he gave commands to enslave others and instructions on how to enslave others, was he condoning slavery?
You said the Bible (i.e., God) didn't condone slavery. Do you still think you're correct? You already admitted that God gave instructions regarding slavery, that God commanded the enslavement of other people, and you never mentioned God's condemnation of the practice. Do you still stand by your claim that the Bible does not condone slavery? Answer the question.
The same laws that dictate science also operate in the moral and spiritual realm. Like it or not. You choose, not God. The Law warns you about that choice. Jesus provides deliverance.

If man did not have free will, he would be a robot. You want me to condemn God for giving you a choice.

Smile.

Location hidden

#15596 May 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The Law clearly states that polygamy is permitted, even if it is not specifically promoted. Then too, Solomon was not the only patriarch that engaged in polygamy.
<quoted text>
The Bible shows that you are wrong. Traditional Jewish weddings could be performed in any one of three ways: an exchange of vows, and exchange of gifts, and an exchange of bodily fluids (in other words, having sex). David and Johnathan performed all three, as clearly shown in 1 Samuel. So, I suppose that you could say that in a sense, they were not actually gay lovers, they were husband and husband.
1. No the Law does not clearly state that polygamy is permitted.

2. The Bible shows you are wrong. Sexual relationships outside marriage between a man and woman are prohibited in Judaism. There is no other type of marriage in Judaism.

Smile.

Location hidden

#15597 May 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 19:4-6 (NASB)
4 And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE,
5 and said,'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH'?
6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."
Jesus uses the OT to affirm in the NT that marriage is only between a man and woman.
Idiot.
<quoted text>
Jesus QUOTED the Torah exactly.
Moreover, the usual 'practice' was divorce. And he condemned it. When he said "from the beginning", he was literally talking about God's design from the beginning.
You are a perfect example of why faithless idiots have no idea what they are talking about. Go eat something and leave things above and beyond you alone reprobate.
Smile.
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I was wrong.

Again.
I know.

Smile.

Location hidden

#15598 May 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Paul was a false prophet. Your English version is a mistranslation of the words of a false prophet.
2) As you have been taught MANY times, man on man rape was (and still is) used as a tool of EXTREME inhospitality and it has nothing to do with consensual same sex relationships, any more than man on woman rape has anything to do with opposite sex relationships.
Priceless!

1. How do you know Paul is a false prophet if his words are mistranslated???

2. So God was okay with the whole city (any gender, any age) having a willing orgy, but if someone said 'no', everybody got fried?

Seriously?

And Lot's wife got salted for looking back?

Incredible idiocy.

Smirk.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15599 May 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
Paul was a false prophet. Your English version is a mistranslation of the words of a false prophet.
<quoted text>
My point exactly. Could it be that you are beginning to understand the profound depths of your own ignorance?
I was referring to YOUR two lies.

Location hidden

#15600 May 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
Already did.

Romans 1 "God gave them up unto VILE passions" "men with men"

Location hidden

#15601 May 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
This one does require a little bit of explanation, the word translated as "exceeded" was and is used as a slang term for orgasm.
No, it requires another deliberate lie by you.

The Hebrew word 'exceeded' is never translated or used for orgasm.

How gay.

Smile.

Location hidden

#15602 May 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up...

The passage speaks of 'giving over' three times, for three different reasons.

You lied.

Smirk.

#15603 May 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. No the Law does not clearly state that polygamy is permitted.
Silly, ignorant child...

Deuteronomy 21:15 If a man have two wives...
KiMare wrote:
2. The Bible shows you are wrong. Sexual relationships outside marriage between a man and woman are prohibited in Judaism. There is no other type of marriage in Judaism.
Smile.
Or a man and a man, as the marriage of David and Johnathan clearly shows.

Except there are plenty of exceptions to that. I can find prohibitions between a man and a betrothed woman or another man's wife, prohibitions of rape, between a man and a temple prostitute (both male and female, but addressed separately), between various degrees of kinship, beasts, etc. But where is the prohibition of premarital sex between a man and an UNbetrothed woman? Of course, this would have been rare, since the father would have wanted to marry her off as quickly as possible, but the big problem here seems to be the possibility of selling "damaged goods" at full price - claiming that she is a virgin when she is not.

One of the complaints that my Jewish friends have with xianity is the excess value placed on pre-marital abstinence - it is not a Jewish value, or at least not as highly valued as in xianity.

Location hidden

#15604 May 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
Or a man and a man, as the marriage of David and Johnathan clearly shows.
Satanic lie.

#15605 May 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless!
1. How do you know Paul is a false prophet if his words are mistranslated???
In their original language, Paul's words contradict what the Bible says, therefore he is a false prophet. The words in that particular verse were then mistranslated from the Greek to English.
KiMare wrote:
2. So God was okay with the whole city (any gender, any age) having a willing orgy, but if someone said 'no', everybody got fried?
I rather doubt that an orgy would be considered acceptable. On the other hand, this was long before Leviticus, so those rules could not apply
KiMare wrote:
Seriously?
And Lot's wife got salted for looking back?
Incredible idiocy.
Smirk.
Sodom was engaged in evil - that lack of hospitality was an act of murder - and tow'evah: "abomination" in that they worshiped foreign Gods. At least according to Ezekiel. Now if you want to say that the prophet got it wrong, that is your call.

By looking back, Lot's wife was expressing a desire to return to a city engaged in murder and the worship of foreign Gods.

#15606 May 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to YOUR two lies.
I NEVER lie. It is SOOOOOOO much more fun to stick to the truth.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 min WeTheSheeple 3,343
Jehovah's Witness Leader Lets Loose on Tight At... 28 min Frankie Rizzo 335
Judge resigns so he won't have to marry gay cou... 30 min Frankie Rizzo 677
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 31 min Morris 68,404
BC denies accreditation to anti-Gay Christian l... 1 hr Xstain Mullahs 66
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Lorenzo 51,239
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 1 hr Pietro Armando 3,825
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 3 hr WeTheSheeple 46
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Respect71 4,348

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE