Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14989 May 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."
Leviticus 20:13, "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, BOTH OF THEM HAVE COMMITTED AN ABOMINATION; THEY SHALL SURELY BE PUT TO DEATH; THEIR BLOOD IS UPON "THEM"."
<quoted text>
Is black print on white paper a challenge for you?
Yes dear, it does say that, but what part of, if you yourself are not obeying the 611 of the other laws and commandments, you are not morally worthy to cite your favorites aren't you getting? You violated the law of God just by citing it dear.
OldJG wrote:
You said, quote, "Many Christians believe that God loves His lesbian and gay children just as He created them to be." End quote.
God loves all people. However, He, God, never created anyone to be a sodomite or lesbian just as He, God, never created anyone to be a murderer. The sodomite, lesbian and murderer made a choice to do and be what they have become.
Sweetie, if you really want to pray that God did not bless us with our homosexuality, you go right ahead, because that is ALL your statement is.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14990 May 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask many foolish questions and then justify your ignorance by quoting the Old Testament. Do you know the difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant?
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Nothing". End quote.
Old Covenant = the Law
New Covenant = grace
Do you understand now?
"grace" is a Sauline construct predicated upon a certain, heretical, soteriology.

There is NO distinction between "Old" and "New".

Location hidden

#14991 May 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever read the book of Acts? The book of Acts makes clear, Christians are not obligated to follow this holiness code. This is made clear in Peter's vision in Acts 10:15. Peter is told,'What God has made clean, do not call common.' In other words, there is no kosher code for Christians. Christians are not concerned with eating kosher foods and avoiding all others. That part of the law is no longer binding, and Christians can enjoy shrimp and pork with no injury to conscience.
<quoted text>
Saul? Interesting. The only Saul mentioned in the Bible who remained Saul was King Saul. You must have mis-spelled and place an "S" where a "P" should be, correct?
You said, quote, "Written by followers of Saul the heretic, it directly contradicts the words of Yeshua as expressed in Matthew." End quote.
Contradict? Are you suggesting the Bible contradicts itself. You are telling us God is confused and couldn't make up His mind what to write in His book to His people. The only heretic would be you. Unless of course you are a tax collector and love Matthew. LOL LOL Or perhaps you are a Jew? Are you a Jew?
Saul is not "God". Not even one of his prophets.

Biblicism, Inerrency and Sola Scriptura are self-refuting tautologies ... and heresy.

Have fun.(It's in black and white)...

http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologeti...

Location hidden

#14992 May 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it one step further. Did God lie when He called homosexuality an abomination punishable by death!
<quoted text>
It seems you wish to debate what the Bible instructs. Is that right? What does the Bible tell you regarding homosexuality? Here, I will help you along......
Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."
Leviticus 20:13, "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, BOTH OF THEM HAVE COMMITTED AN ABOMINATION; THEY SHALL SURELY BE PUT TO DEATH; THEIR BLOOD IS UPON "THEM"."
After reading what the Bible tells us regarding homosexuals what do you think should be done? Remember, you are a legalist and I believe in "grace". Well, what will it be? Life or death?
I'm not the one citing rules and regs.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14993 May 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.
Until one or another of them is PROVEN, they are all equally valid and all equally invalid.
Silly stupid again.

Many things are not proven.

However, the effects of those different things still distinguishes them.

Hence, Judeo/Christianity and it's violent imitation, Islam stand distinct from all other religions.

Smile.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14994 May 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't know what absolute truth is.
You said, quote, "There are very few things that are just outright unethical. Most acts fall somewhere on a spectrum." End quote.
There are no absolute truths for you. Everything is in a gray area. No black or white.
You said, quote, "Is it wrong to push someone into the path of an oncoming train?" End quote.
If you have to ask I wouldn't want to be around a train and you.
Is it wrong to push someone into the path of an oncoming train if that's the only way to save the lives of 100 children who are going to be blown up if you don't do it?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14995 May 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly stupid again.
Many things are not proven.
However, the effects of those different things still distinguishes them.
Hence, Judeo/Christianity and it's violent imitation, Islam stand distinct from all other religions.
Smile.
Christianity in its adolescence was the motivation for many atrocities. Islam hits its adolescence and you hold it to a different standard? Well, isn't that just big of you. By the way, remind us about the Troubles, and how Islam was behind that. Or, the Rwanda genocide, and how Islam was responsible for that. Or, the Inquisition, and Islam's role in that. Or, Islam's part in spreading AIDS through Africa. Or, the American practices of lynching blacks, followed by lynching homosexuals. Yes, I'm sure we'd love to hear how Islam was the root of those.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14996 May 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul, Plato and the Stoics:
http://www.worldandi.com/newhome/public/2004/...
Who do you imagine is the author of the passage you cite?
F.F. Powell is a freelance writer and author of a book on Saint Paul.

Hmmmmm.....doesn't say that F.F. Powell is INSPIRED by God.....

So you are going to take F.F. Powell's word OVER the Word of God.....interesting.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14997 May 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Written by followers of Saul the heretic, it directly contradicts the words of Yeshua as expressed in Matthew.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tddCNY6U77YXX
Saul....Apostle Paul....

"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service; even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor.

Yet I was shown mercy, because I acted ignorantly, in unbelief..." (I Timothy 1:12-13).

The Lord extended mercy and saved Saul not by ignoring his sins and transgressions but by sending the word to him.

It was still up to Saul to respond by faith to be saved and that is exactly what he did.

He had "acted ignorantly, in unbelief" but was not saved until he acted knowingly in belief!

Location hidden

#14998 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
F.F. Powell is a freelance writer and author of a book on Saint Paul.
Hmmmmm.....doesn't say that F.F. Powell is INSPIRED by God.....
So you are going to take F.F. Powell's word OVER the Word of God.....interesting.....
One doesn't need "divine" inspiration to place two sets of writing side-by-side and note the obvious similarities. You can do precisely the same with the works of Plato, the Stoic Philosophers, Philo of Alexandria and those of Saul. It's not an issue of bias. Powell even uses your set of honorifics "Saint" and "Paul".

The comparisons are literary and historical.

Show some humility and intellectual honesty and actually LEARN SOMETHING.

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13232-...

Location hidden

#14999 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul....Apostle Paul....
"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service; even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor.
Yet I was shown mercy, because I acted ignorantly, in unbelief..." (I Timothy 1:12-13).
The Lord extended mercy and saved Saul not by ignoring his sins and transgressions but by sending the word to him.
It was still up to Saul to respond by faith to be saved and that is exactly what he did.
He had "acted ignorantly, in unbelief" but was not saved until he acted knowingly in belief!
"Apostle" ?

Who says?

Location hidden

#15000 May 10, 2013
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#15001 May 10, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The Genesis account of the destruction of Sodom tells of a death threat by gang rape. While technically a same sex act, the participation of actual homosexuals wasn't required, because the threat had absolutely no sexual intent. The same plot line appears in the last three chapters of the Book of judges, why fail to mention it? Because the crowd of men and boys settled for the concubine? Because the Levite didn't see it as an invitation to go gay, but what it was, a death threat? dear, I have read the Bible. see my previous post in regards to Leviticus. In his epistle to the Roman church, Paul was warning against the practice of idolatry and what God did to them as the result, you know, all the verses in the first and second chapters of his letter that you would rather us ignore for the moment. By the by, Paul would be none to pleased with what YOU are doing. yes, Paul was absolutely horrified at the same sex sex, but God made them do it for their worship of false gods. Any version of Corinthians (and/or Timothy) which you believe to mention homosexuality or homosexuals has been deliberately rewritten to do so, even though the earliest known versions of the work do not come close to supporting it.
Sorry hon, the Bible is no way near as anti-gay as you pray it to be. If you want to pray that God did not bless us with our homosexuality, you go right ahead. my point is this, you can speak of God, but you can't speak for Him, you are nowhere near as qualified to do that as you believe.
You said, quote, "The Genesis account of the destruction of Sodom tells of a death threat by gang rape. While technically a same sex act, the participation of actual homosexuals wasn't required, because the threat had absolutely no sexual intent." End quote.

First, all involved are men. 100% men. Second, it was all, ALL of the men of Sodom, young and old. Not some of the men of Sodom, ALL! Your statement "the threat had absolutely no sexual intent" is at best your opinion. Apparently you have no concept of the expression "know them".

Genesis 19:5, "And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where [are] the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them." KJV Genesis 19:5, "They shouted to Lot, "Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!" NLT

You said, quote, "Sorry hon, the Bible is no way near as anti-gay as you pray it to be. If you want to pray that God did not bless us with our homosexuality, you go right ahead. my point is this, you can speak of God, but you can't speak for Him, you are nowhere near as qualified to do that as you believe." End quote.

First, I am not your "hon". Second, I am not, nor have I ever spoken for God. His word speaks for itself. You on the other hand have reinterpreted the Bible to fit your lifestyle of perversion.

Romans 1:26-27, 26 "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet." KJV

Romans 1:26-27, 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved."

In the word of God He absolutely condemns homosexuality. Of this there is no doubt. God created a woman for the man. You can read this account in Genesis 2. Satan's counterfeit plan of God's original plan is homosexuality.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#15002 May 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Is black print on white paper a challenge for you?
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Yes dear, it does say that, but what part of, if you yourself are not obeying the 611 of the other laws and commandments, you are not morally worthy to cite your favorites aren't you getting? You violated the law of God just by citing it dear.
<quoted text>Sweetie, if you really want to pray that God did not bless us with our homosexuality, you go right ahead, because that is ALL your statement is.
You said, quote, "Sweetie, if you really want to pray that God did not bless us with our homosexuality, you go right ahead, because that is ALL your statement is." End quote.

First, I am not your "sweetie". Second, God did not bless you with your homosexuality only to send you to hell for it. No, no. You have made yourself god and blessed yourself to justify your perversion of God's original creation.

My prayer for you and all living the homosexual lifestyle would be a prayer of repentance.

Mark 6:11-12, 11 "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. 12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent."

Another example of God's word....black print on white paper. REPENT!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15003 May 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Abomination <tow'evah> is ALWAYS used to refer to acts of worship of foreign Gods. Homosexuality is not an abomination, except when it was with a (male) temple prostitute as part of the fertility rituals of Asherah - a VERY popular Goddess among the neighbors of the Israelites. Just look at all of the times that the children of Israel were condemned for raising Asherah poles in the high places. "Homosexuality" is no more a sin than "weeping" is...
Ezekiel 8:13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
8:14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.
Tammuz,of course, was a God of a neighboring people, a died and resurrected God and one of the models used when they later invented the Jesus myth
Obviously you are Biblically illiterate.

Homosexuals "will not inherit the Kingdom of God".

1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

Genesis 13:13 (NKJV)
13 But the men of Sodom were exceedingly wicked and sinful against the LORD.

Location hidden

#15004 May 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you?
No, I believe what God said.

Genesis 13:13 (NKJV)
13 But the men of Sodom were exceedingly wicked and sinful against the LORD.

Location hidden

#15005 May 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. So was the God of the Bible. The Bible also acknowledges that other people have their own Gods...
Judges 11:24 Wilt not thou possess that which Chemosh thy God giveth thee to possess?
Ok, you don't believe in Jesus, the only way to salvation. You lose. You will burn in Hell.

Location hidden

#15006 May 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I will remind you (again) that John has a couple of passages warning people AGAINST taking everything literally. Or did you literally crawl back into your mother when you accepted Jesus? Eeew,on second though, DO NOT answer that question.
John warned us of you.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Location hidden

#15007 May 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! Unless they repent and turn from being a sodomite or lesbian.
And God's people say AMEN!

Location hidden

#15008 May 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul, Plato and the Stoics:
http://www.worldandi.com/newhome/public/2004/...
Who do you imagine is the author of the passage you cite?
Don't have to imagine. God called you an ignorant fool.

1 Corinthians 14:37-38 (NKJV)
37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 38 min Homophobe pride 7
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 48 min Big C 16,017
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Terra Firma 38,811
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 3 hr JODECKO 68,968
News Gay group puts heat on Sizzla*Aug. 27, 2016, 11... 3 hr Wholly Silicon Wafer 2
News Not 'old white guys' - Shriners to ride in Calg... 3 hr Wholly Silicon Wafer 2
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 3 hr Rose_NoHo 81
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 6 hr June VanDerMark 11,315
More from around the web