Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14479 May 2, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Satanic opinion noted and rejected. God called you "ignorant".
"the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord"
1 Corinthians 14:37-38 (NKJV)
37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be IGNORANT.
There was a Polish man who claimed that he was the Tsar of Russia. The Russians shot him back to Poland out of a cannon.

Saul was not a prophet. Neither was he a seer. None of his predictions came true. He was merely a plagiarizing self-promoter who was able to con a large number of gentiles.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14480 May 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child, there is no LEGITIMATE translation of any verse in the Bible that condemns homosexuality.
So all of our English Bibles are wrong and you are right? LOL! Hell fire awaits you deceiver.

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand,'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#14481 May 2, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you've whipped out a version of a verse that I know to to have been deliberately mistranslated and yet you wonder why I refer you back to scriptures regarding false prophets. Hello. If you want to pray that we are going to be kept out of the kingdom of heaven, you go right ahead. Just don't expect us to play along. By your fruit we know you, it ain't good.
Deliberately mistranslated? That's your ignorant, lying Satanic opinion, again. Your post is total lies.

Truth, you're going to Hell forever:

1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

You see? I present Scripture Truth. You don't.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14482 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No stuffed donut this morning fat boy.
Your supposed Sodomy between David and Jonathan occurred before your supposed marriage ceremony. Adultery.
Moreover, where does it say anyone can have multiple wives, or women cannot have multiple husbands?
If you weren't a depraved idiot, you'd be embarrassed. And afraid...
Snicker.
<quoted text>
I comprehended your BS just fine.
If that were true, this conversation would have been over long ago...
KiMare wrote:
Having 'sex' is not a form of marriage ceremony in Judaism.
Vows and gifts are part of many relationships and ceremonies, not just in Judaism either.
Then you know nothing of Judaism. Yes, vows and gifts CAN be sued for other things as well, but taken IN context the vows and gifts between D&J were part of that marriage contract.
KiMare wrote:
The word exceeded is 'gadal'. It is used numerous times in Scripture. It does not refer to sex. Look it up.
And gadal was and still is used as a SLANG term for orgasm.
KiMare wrote:
Context is the first and basic element of exegesis. Every one of your selected passages violate the context they are set in.
Utterly false. The only reason that I use the Bible at all is that I CAN use these passages IN context to show xians just how wrong they are. Those are the rules of the game that I have set for myself...
KiMare wrote:
David and Bethsheba were judged as adulterers because they were married to other people. The same would have been true of David and Jonathan.
Not if they were married to each other. Just how many times do you need to read this before some faint glimmer of understanding finally begins to dawn? A married couple CANNOT commit adultery by sleeping with each other. It is only when the sex is outside of the marriage bonds that there is adultery.
KiMare wrote:
You admitted you played this game to annoy others. I confronted you to expose a depraved idiot. Damn, that has to be embarrassing! Perhaps you might use your 'intelligence' for better things???
Smile.
The only thing that you have "exposed" is your own lack of ability to learn from your mistakes and admit that you are wrong. Let go of the bigotry and allow yourself to grow as a human being. You CAN become a better person, if you try.

And helping a persecuted minority achieve their civil rights and ending discrimination is one of the best things that any of us can do with their intelligence.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#14483 May 2, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't proved that you are right.
I did indeed.

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#14484 May 2, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Scum.
Such an ignorant post!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14485 May 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a Polish man who claimed that he was the Tsar of Russia. The Russians shot him back to Poland out of a cannon.
Saul was not a prophet. Neither was he a seer. None of his predictions came true. He was merely a plagiarizing self-promoter who was able to con a large number of gentiles.
Most Bible scholars disagree with you. His letters are included in the Bible.

Yours are not.

Snicker smile.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#14486 May 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not "God", but Saul.
Saul's words are not prophetic utterence.
But God called you ignorant! Why should we believe someone whom God called "ignorant"?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14487 May 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible NEVER uses the words "homosexual" and "eunuch" interchangeably.
Eunuchs are NEVER referred to in Scripture as being in sin, while homosexuality is universally condemned in both the Old and New Testaments.
Matthew 19:8-12
8 Jesus replied,“Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.
9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”
10 The disciples said to him,“If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”
<<<11 Jesus replied,“Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.>>>
***12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”***
The word homosexual did not exist when the older text was written. How do you account for that?

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Danville, VA

#14488 May 2, 2013
By the time you are done condemning everybody to hell, there's barely going to be any room for you.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Deliberately mistranslated? That's your ignorant, lying Satanic opinion, again. Your post is total lies.
Truth, you're going to Hell forever:
You see? I present Scripture Truth. You don't.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#14489 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Don't worry. God won't call you at all.
Because he doesn't exist.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA....
<quoted text>
God calls you "fool".

Psalm 14:1 (NKJV)
1 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#14490 May 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think your ignorant Satanic opinions prove? You're going to Hell forever. You have nothing to offer anyone but your ignorant opinions.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Danville, VA

#14491 May 2, 2013
And I call you dummy. Difference is, I exist. Your god does not.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God calls you "fool".
Psalm 14:1 (NKJV)
1 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#14492 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Difference is, I exist.
And you will forever.

"fire and brimstone" "tormented" "forever"

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Location hidden

#14493 May 2, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think your ignorant Satanic opinions prove? You're going to Hell forever. You have nothing to offer anyone but your ignorant opinions.
Thanks for sharing that delusion.

Location hidden

#14494 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
And I call you dummy. Difference is, I exist. Your god does not.
<quoted text>
Dollar's God is unworthy of worship. I spit on his puny God.

#14495 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot sadomasochist. You keep begging me to expose your stupidity...
There were no homosexual cracks for gay sex to fall through. It was specifically addressed. The behavior was exposed and judged more than once.
Wrong again. As usual...

Homosexuality is never addressed. Except for the mention of the marriage of David and Johnathan, homosexuality is not addressed in any legitimate translation of any verse in the Bible.
KiMare wrote:
I agree that eunuch does not always mean castration.
It is good that you can indeed learn something!
KiMare wrote:
In fact, I think Jesus referred to that distinction in Matthew 19 when he said the only option to marriage between a man and woman was being a eunuch.
Smile.
Looks like you need to go back and read it again. This time, TRY for comprehension...

Matthew 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
19:10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
19:11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Now, the Law gives permission to marry, but it did not specify what constituted a valid reason. Some Rabbis have gone so far as to point out that if a man's wife ruins supper, that is just cause for divorce. Jesus is merely going to the opposite extreme.

From there, Jesus points out that there are some folks who will not get married: gays (eunuchs from their mother's womb), the castrated (made eunuchs of men) and the celibate (made themselves eunuchs).

This web site goes into some of the facts that go to show that the word eunuch is used to describe men who were homosexual:\http://www.well.co m/user/aquarius/thesis.htm

There is also this:

Presented at a conference on Eunuchs in Antiquity and Beyond held at Cardiff University on July 27, 1999
http://www.well.com/~aquarius/cardiff.htm

The facts are there. It is long past time for you to learn...

#14496 May 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I particularly love Isaiah. It so consistently contradicts the Mosaic/Levitical/Deuteronomic codes when it comes to certain particulars, ALWAYS refocusing onto compassion.
Yeshua taught from the prophets, not the juridical codes.
Well, in this particular case, I am not so sure that Isaiah IS any sort of a contradiction with Deuteronomy, they are discussing two separate issues. Deuteronomy 23:1 is only dealing with castrated men (or men who have had some other form of damage, at any rate) whereas Isaiah is addressing the cariyc. I would ague that here at least, the word is referring very specifically to those gay men that never marry a woman, never have heirs to carry on their name.

#14497 May 2, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Christ died for you . You are so ignorant and blind.
There has never been a Christ.
Jesus died for pissing off the Roman occupiers.

#14498 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly 'love' nothing.
Love FULFILLS the spirit of the Law instead of the letter. It does not change it.
Jesus taught from both the Law and the prophets. You lied.
Smile.
Wow! Here I can actually say that you are right! Well, mostly right, anyway. It does not good to fulfill the spirit if you are violating the letter of the Law - if that is even possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... 2 min Rose_NoHo 160
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 min Rose_NoHo 5,589
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 15 min Jonah1 25,305
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 23 min June VanDerMark 13,385
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr The Troll Stopper 61,389
News United Airlines bars gay man from taking a oees... 1 hr Wondering 19
News Madison bans discrimination against atheists, n... (May '15) 1 hr bestie 83
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr ReplaceGOP 48,057
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 7 hr Richie 69,522
More from around the web